• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

X/Y Progress thread

Aaaalright I beat the Champion a couple of hours ago and now I can't think of anything cool to do in-game.

Game: Y
Player: Windy
Badges: 8
Time: 39:49
Current team:
Bagel [Salamence] M, level 72
Bran [Delphox] M, level 74
Aloe [Gogoat] F, level 75
C Minor [Klefki] F, level 72
Macaroon [Noivern] F, level 69
Nori [Dragalge] F, level 64

Anyone here about the save glitch in Lumiose City? If not DON'T SAVE on the boulevards on the north and south. If you do you have a chance of loosing your save data and everything you have made progress on. Nintendo is working on a patch to fix this glitch. For now if you have to save in that City go into a building such as a Pokemon Center. I wondered why I was prone to saving in the Pokemon centers there. Now I and we know why XD. Not sure if the downloadable version is affected though.:)

Beat the champion, they were even easier than Iris

Hall of Fame team:

Pompey the Delphox
Level 72
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Pilkington the Heliolisk
Level 72
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Dig

Stephen the Aurorus
Level 72
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Drump the Barbaracle
Level 72
- Stone Edge
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Cross Chop

Abby Sal the Dragalge
Level 72
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Boo-Boo the Klefki
Level 73
- Play Rough
- Foul Play
- Psychic
- Mirror Shot

I just realized I had two Rock-types on my team. Worked out well regardless.

Other teammates who didn't fight the E4:

Chauncey the Vivillon
Level 70
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic

(Vivillon is actually amazing 100% accurate Hurricane OP)

Rupert the Gogoat
Level 70
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Rock Slide

Takenouchi the Pangoro
Level 70
- Hammer Arm
- Sky Uppercut
- Rock Slide
- Crunch

Last edited:
I just got the game (plus 2DS) yesterday. Really enjoying it so far! All the graphics and new additions are great.

Player: Jamie
[Cleas] Frogadier (M) Level 19
[Scuffle] Fletchinder (M) Level 19
[Acero] Bulbasaur (M) Level 15
[Rotarr] Vivillon (F) Level 16 (garden design whoo)
[Zira] Litleo (F) Level 19
[Miro] Pancham (M) Level 12

Pokémon amie is so cute. Their little happy faces when you pet them, awww. And I burnt myself when I touched Litleo's head flame. I love it when they include little details like that.

Just got the fourth badge! I'm doin a semi-blind Kalos-only run (since i know a bunch of the pokemon but not the general plot)

X: Saffron (trainer)
Kai (Greninja)
Izabella (Floette)
Hayden (Polar!Vivillon)
Matt (Diggersby)
Mariana (Pyroar)
Isaac (Talonflame)

everyone's at level 37 except Isaac because he and Mariana charged the gym.

The plot is pretty basic XD. Catch Pokemon beat the E4 get all the items. That is pretty much the same as it always has been minus being able to clone. I can't trade my Torchic event until they find a way to clone on X/Y XD.:)

Pokémon amie is so cute. Their little happy faces when you pet them, awww. And I burnt myself when I touched Litleo's head flame. I love it when they include little details like that.

Pet a Meowstic's ear and watch what happens.

Not so stoic indeed.

Player: Amelia

Team:
Esther (Malamar) Lv 59
Aubrey (Talonflame) Lv 58
Beatrix (Dragalge) Lv 57
Quentin (Avalugg) Lv 50
Oliver (Chesnaught) Lv 56
Henriette (Dedenne) Lv 57

Other honourable mentions who almost made the team:
Gwyneth (Yveltal) Lv 50
Milo (Wartortle) Lv 32
Deborah (Spritzee) Lv 29
Sebastian (Aurorus) Lv 52

Just beat the final gym this morning! On my way to the League, doo doo~

I love this generation! Absolutely everything they've changed is an improvement in my opinion, and the new features are all great. I especially love how I can make my character look fabulous with all the clothes.

Beat the E4/Champion yesterday! It was pretty cool (also wow yes I have two new favourite E4 members). :D

Hall of Fame:
Fuhrer the Delphox, level 75, male
Schwarz the Aromatisse, level 75, female
Von Epp the Malamar, level 74, male
Mengele the Heliolisk, level 75, female
Himmler the Hawlucha, level 74, male
Rosenberg the Dragalge, level 74, female

Currently breeding for a shiny Noibat (I got a Japanese Ditto from the GTS, fuck yeah).
I *tried* using the Pokeradar but wow it's even more frustrating than before. Masuda method all the way, fuck that radar. :U

Farther than before now!
Still haven't finalised my team but I will figure it out hopefully.
Badges:7
Team
Quentin-Greninja, 56, M
Ashe-Doublade, 58, F
Clove-Pangoro, 56, F
Freya-Hawlucha, 48, F
Deryn-Linoone, 51, F
Garnet-Gengar, 47, F

oh my god

flareon

gets flare blitz now

FINALLY IT HAS USEFULNESS

>lv. 45, by the way.

I just finished the pokeball factory, and am heading toward Dendimille.
~Flareon Lv. 45
~Aurorus Lv. 44
~Golurk Lv. 44
~Chesnaught Lv. 44
~Mawile Lv. 44
~Heliolisk Lv. 44

Also, Golurk using fly is just THE BEST in this generation. On the second turn, when it hits the enemy, it basically just bellyflops them from fifteen meters above and it is the most hilarious.

Grinding for Olympia atm. Team: (too lazy to name the nicknames, ha ha)

Chesnaught
Furfrou
Vivillon
Talonflame
Malamar
Azumarill
Charizard
Lucario
Blaziken
Lapras
Goomy
and a Frogadier from Wonder Trade, cool

All are level forty, except for Goomy (36) and Frogadier (35), so... I'm underleveled, right?

... so guess who got a shiny noibat today

Name: Silvia
Badges: 4
Team:

Ruairi the Greninja - 42
Anjali the Aurorus - 41
Dantzari the Gardevoir - 40
Ebony the Charizard - 42
Reaper the Mareep - 1
Nocturne the shiny Noibat - 1

I love my team

I did several rounds of the Battle Spot and oh my gosh some of these battles are hilarious. I haven't lost so far, although most of the people online have Yveltal or Mewtwo on their team, making it kind of hard. My favorite moment was a +2 Dragon Dance Haxorus fainting from my Ferrothorn's rocky helmet.

So I got it yesterday. And am already challenging Clemont's Gym (Gym 5)

My current team is (subject to change):

Name: Hylia
Species: Aurorus
Level: 50
Moves: Aurora Beam, Ancient Power, Thunderbolt, Mist

Name: Arianna
Species: Doublade
Moves: Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Aerial Ace, Shadow Sneak

Name: Palmer
Species: Venasaur
Moves: Venoshock, Petal Dance, Toxic, Leech Seed

Name: Pyra
Species: Delphox
Moves: Flamethrower, Psyshock, Grass Knot, Will-O-Wisp

Name: Looloo
Species: Goomy
Level: 37
Moves: Dragon Breath, Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Rain Dance

Name: Mahogany
Species: Phantump
Level: 35
Moves: Leech Seed, Return, Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Claw (This all needs to change soon)

Now on Reserve:
Name: n/a
Species: Blaziken
Level: 49
Moves: Blaze Kick, Power-Up Punch, Strength, Bulk Up
Reason: Because screw Blaziken and it leveling up so damned quickly

Name: Panstak
Species: Pancham
Level: 13 (Just got him, I hadn't known getting them was so early...)
Moves: Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw, Power-Up Punch, Work Up
Reason: Better things to choose.

So yeah, progress is quick (though I've played roughly 7-8 hours already...)

I just finished that one particular postgame sidequest thing.
... I swear I just got something in my eye. Totally unrelated to that. Most definitely.

In other news. I'm still eggin' for that shiny Noibat. I'm gonna get it I swear! >:U

particularly the water guy/lass
pssst he's a dude

In other news. I'm still eggin' for that shiny Noibat. I'm gonna get it I swear! >:U

It looks so cool keep it up I love shiny Noivern.

ANYWAY AS WE JOIN OUR HEROINE FROM LAST TIME SHE HAS ADVANCED VERY FAR FORWARD. LET'S TAKE A LOOK.

Elite 4: Destroyed
Team:
Eskel the shiny Weavile (gifted as a sneasel by my boyfriend) - 52
Reaper the Ampharos - 79
Dantzari the Gardevoir - 78
Nocturne the shiny Noivern - 82
Ebony the Charizard - 82
Ruairi the Greninja - 82

Not currently in party:
Anjali the Aurorus - 77

ALSO YOU GUYS I know I didn't post in the other thread but I figured I should mention that my Friend Safari is fire and has Ponyta, Charmeleon, and Ninetails. So if you want my FC then you should totally ask me about it o:

pssst he's a dude

Thanks. I just forgot about each E4 member, other than Wikstrom, since I barely saw them. FYI, Wikstrom gave me the most trouble. Or rather, only Wikstrom gave me any trouble, at all. His Aegislash, specifically.

It looks so cool keep it up I love shiny Noivern.

ANYWAY AS WE JOIN OUR HEROINE FROM LAST TIME SHE HAS ADVANCED VERY FAR FORWARD. LET'S TAKE A LOOK.

Elite 4: Destroyed
Team:
Eskel the shiny Weavile (gifted as a sneasel by my boyfriend) - 52
Reaper the Ampharos - 79
Dantzari the Gardevoir - 78
Nocturne the shiny Noivern - 82
Ebony the Charizard - 82
Ruairi the Greninja - 82

Not currently in party:
Anjali the Aurorus - 77

ALSO YOU GUYS I know I didn't post in the other thread but I figured I should mention that my Friend Safari is fire and has Ponyta, Charmeleon, and Ninetails. So if you want my FC then you should totally ask me about it o:

Do you want to be friends! My code is 0404-5754-4478 if so. I have Mawile, Klang, and Bronzong! (I can add other people, too, having friends is neat in this game.)

By the way, I read that it's confirmed that as long as you keep someone on your friend's list after seeing them online, their friend safari stays! Maybe someone here was wondering that. Also you can delete X/Y friends by putting your game in someone else's 3DS! I put X in Mom's 3DS and my whole friend's list disappeared. People only appear back on it if they go online, once you switch to your original 3DS again.

Also my team:

Ribbon the Sylveon -- 86
Glimmer the Heliolisk -- 85
Flair the Delphox -- 84
Echo the Dragalge -- 65 (late addition)
Rain the Amaura -- 83
Cinnamon the Talonflame -- 81

You can probably tell I'm post-game. I haven't done the two sidequests yet because I keep breeding Pokemon to wonder trade away instead. Also I have one shiny so far!! It's a Poliwhirl from chain fishing. I've been trying to get Chinchou and Remoraid and Dratini but no luck yet! Maybe I'll try for Clauncher, too. I would do Skrelp but I'm playing X (I'll play Y later). And... maybe Staryu. Actually that's almost everything.

I haven't tried the Pokeradar yet! There's a guide with cute pictures, though: http://yellowfur.tumblr.com/post/64774138413/shiny-hunting-guide-1-since-so-muc-people-asked

Also here are some noteworthy Pokemon I have that I can breed in case people want to trade.

Can catch in safaris:
Spearow, Pupitar, Hoot-hoot, Paras, Beautifly, Growlithe, Slugma, Masquerain, Pinsir, Phanpy, Larvesta, Magmar, Seviper, Spheal, Quilladin, Masquerain, Sawsbuck

(italics: not exclusive to safaris)

Safari things that are common but have good hidden abilities:
Fletchinder (Gale Wings)

(probably some others but I don't know.)

Non-safari but rare:
Abra, Hydreigon, Dratini, Jigglypuff, Remoraid, Chinchou, Nidoking, Goodra, all the starters

(italics: common in their areas)

Safari things I own but don't have the safari of:
Girafarig, Skutank

Vivillon:
Modern

Back
Top Bottom