• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

A decent art tablet?

Yarnchu

Yarn is comfy and easy to wear
I'm not exactly a good artist, but recently I have been improving a lot(though I still can only draw Kirby characters >_<;) and there have been a couple of pictures I wanted to draw that really require a tablet. I want one that is very reliable, something that will definately feel easy to use, but with in a budget. I have $100, but I'd rather only spend up to $50 on a tablet. I have the Amazon page with all of the tablets saved, but I'm still not quite sure which one I want.

Wacom makes the best tablets but seriously if you get one before being good in traditional art it'll retard your drawing skills like hell. I learnt this from my personal experience, ughh

Why do you need a tablet? You have GIMP or something, don't you? Draw by hand, scan/photograph the picture in, clean it up and then color it. As VLPJ said, you're really better off getting comfortable with drawing by hand first, and it's a lot cheaper.

And they don't make decent tablets for $50 unless they're used, and then you can't be sure of their condition. If your limit is $100 then you're pretty much limited to Wacom's Bamboo/Bamboo Fun line; honestly I think both of them are too small to be comfortable, but you might be okay with them, I dunno.

...That's what I use, and I find mine to be quite comfortable. >>

At any rate, they're right. You really should get used to drawing by hand first. It's far easier even with the tablet to just scan it in and go over it. :/

....I shouldn't have brought up anything. Something I mentioned in there must've gave you guys the wrong idea. And I -hate- scaning and working with GIMP. My drawings and GIMP just don't work together. Not only that, but it also wastes paper and, although I'm comfortable with pencil, it really just isn't the best medium for someone like me.

So it's Bamboo, eh? I'll make my pick later then...

Tablets are short-lived and have a learning curve. It's easier to get good with pencil and paper and then switch to a tablet later than it is to do it the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom