• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Здравствуйте.

Ketsuban

Thomas. Ketsuban here and some other places, Crosscontaminant on Something Awful. 24, male, heterosexual, English. (Thread title to the contrary, do not know significant amount of Russian - learned it in secondary school and forgot since.) Regret not being able to balance education with music tuition in teenage years; would like to relearn how to sing.

Generally left-wing (whatever that means), atheist but uncertain of all the implications of the label, opinionated. Intentionally spoil ballot in general elections as protest over use of horrifically flawed system; prefer range voting. Would like to own a firearm but cannot as self-defence is not considered a valid reason to acquire a firearms licence under the terms of the Firearms Act 1968 as amended; would rather section 25 actually be enforced than that people be left unable to defend themselves against malefactors, especially in cases of sexual assault.

Fan of video gaming in general, but felt pushed out by the most recent console generation; hope Wii U will provide a way to return to the fray. Pokémon addict since UK release of Red and Blue; interest waned around time of Gen III due to disillusionment with Fire Red and Leaf Green, returned for Black and White. Recent interest has been in the nature of creativity, and how modern copyright actually looks to stifle it in favour of protecting and inflating the bottom line of companies like Lucasfilm rather than encourage it; suggest the video series "Everything is a Remix" if topic arouses reader's curiosity.

Do not normally speak like Mordin Solus, honest. :) Mildly uncomfortable with the concept of formally introducing oneself on a forum; used to forums where the process of self-introduction consists of lurking to establish understanding of local culture and then posting in existing topics. Perhaps tend to overuse semicolons.

Funnily enough, not really - a friend bought me Mass Effect and said if I enjoyed it they'd buy the sequel, and I couldn't really get into it. I know a bit about the big plot arc of the trilogy through cultural osmosis from friends who are fans, but I couldn't tell you what Vermire has to do with anything (or if it's even from Mass Effect, it sounds like something from a Metroid game) or who Grunt is other than "some krogan".

Funnily enough, not really - a friend bought me Mass Effect and said if I enjoyed it they'd buy the sequel, and I couldn't really get into it. I know a bit about the big plot arc of the trilogy through cultural osmosis from friends who are fans, but I couldn't tell you what Vermire has to do with anything (or if it's even from Mass Effect, it sounds like something from a Metroid game) or who Grunt is other than "some krogan".

Vermire is in Mass Effect, it's a base where a main mission is where shit goes bad. And Grunt is THE MOST BITCHIN' KROGAN EVER MADE.

Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay! I also like semi-colons but I don't use them because I don't see them being used very often.

Back
Top Bottom