• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Hunger

Lightning Bolt the Druid

The Druid of Life
The Hunger (Poem)

As the moon rose a briliant red.
The wolves howling for the blood of the inoccent.
These are the ones who had been banished.
This had been their life in the wild.
The trees now swung against the wind.
Now the moon rose higher.
The wolf pack ran throw the snow.
The cold of it crunched as they ran through.
The wild animals hid in fear from the mighty wolves.
They cowered with such fear.
As the wolf pack ran they smell came clear.
The meal they much sought was near.
The flesh and blood of the inoccent was there meal.
As the wolf pack drew near the inoccent people ran.
They hid in their houses and hid their lifestock.
But for the wolves this was their that they would not get.
For the inoccent had lived for another day.
And the wolves had left back for there home.
To hunt for the small animals that lived there.
But as the sun came up and the moon went down the people knew.
That they would be back again the next moon.
This is the end until another night their hunger would be greater.

This is narrative poem, yes? I like the concept, a lot. Kudos to you on that. I also like the alliteration in the seventh verse. Before publishing it, I recommend you review it for any errors. You made a couple, like 'there' for 'their', innocent with 2 c's, and brilliant with 1 l. And you could divide it into 2 stanzas, as well. Also, I had a pretty hard time discerning the rhythm. All in all, a pretty good poem disregarding the errors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom