• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If Anyone Wants to Try Chaos Management...

Light

Night Zero
I've decided to release the full record of proposals from the first Calvinball Mafia. It might or might not be better to forbid repeating past proposals in future attempts. In any case this is how I kept the game balanced.

There's no telling if I'd personally be around if someone started a reboot, but fond memories motivated and made this project worth it. It's funny to recall that I had very specific relationships with people here.

Without further ado:

Night 0
Light said:
DarkAura said:
N0 action: I'd like a pickaxe named Hilda to keep for the rest of the game (and it's got just a smidgen of blood on the tip of the pickaxe). and that is so a legitimate night action shush your mouth
Condition: Hilda is lazy and will only let you make one kill per complete day/night cycle. Furthermore, when you use Hilda she will let out a battle cry that gives you away as the killer.
Light said:
Alligates said:
Proposal: At the end of every night starting with this night, give me the username of a random innocent player, besides myself, whose username I have not yet received.
Condition: there will be a 12.5% chance you will receive the name of a non-innocent player instead.
Light said:
blazheirio889 said:
Put a lie detector on Phantom.
Granted.

The lie detector will buzz as soon as I read a post by Phantom that contains a lie, with no explanation as to why this happened.
Light said:
RespectTheBlade said:
Arm two innocent-aligned players with a weapon capable of making an inconspicuous kill during the day phase.
Condition: there will be a 33% chance the weapon will backfire and kill the user instead (the owner will be made aware of this).
Light said:
Superbird said:
Proposal: whoever targets me tonight will instead target the person whose position on the player list is one more than their own (for instance, I would hit RespectTheBlade instead of myself)
Granted.
Light said:
Mai said:
Proposal: I gain the ability to communicate with all players in the game, anonymously or not.

Conditions: You may send one message per phase of the game to any number of recipients (in any combination of CC/BCC), and you may receive one response per recipient, so long as you 1) copy me on the PM, and 2) tell the recipient(s) to copy me and that they may respond once. You may save your messages for later if you don't use them in a given phase. Anonymous messages can be mediated through yours truly.
Quicktopic said:
Eifie said:
AHEM. During the next day phase, each player will be required to include one (1) picture of a cute puppy in each and every one of their posts. Puppy pictures may not be repeated. Any player who posts a puppy picture that has already been posted, or does not include a puppy picture in their post at all (one-word posts to correct spelling are not an exception; they REQUIRE puppies) will be modkilled immediately. At the end of the day phase, before a lynch is carried out, everyone must vote for their three (different) favourite puppy pictures. (Players may vote for at most one of their own puppy pictures.) The players who posted the three puppy pictures with the most votes win the game immediately (although gameplay still continues). If two (or three) of a player's puppy pictures are voted as the best, that player wins twice (or three times). I do not know what this means.

It is up to the lovely GM to decide whether or not the townspeople will be informed of why they are posting photos of puppies. Perhaps the townspeople will not be aware that incorrectly following puppy protocol will get them modkilled until one is killed as an example. Perhaps the townspeople will not know there will be voting until the poll goes up. Perhaps the townspeople will not know what happens to the people who win the vote until the poll ends. WHO KNOWS?!
Phantom said:
I propose that I roleblock the inspector this night. They receive no result from their inspection. This includes all inspections or any proposals that could be considered inspections. If any player used an inspection action, or more than one player they receive the following as their result:

"Bananas."

Addendum: If someone did inspect a member that would have been revealed as mafia they will receive the following message instead of "Bananas".

"Potatoes.
Light said:
Both accepted, except for Phantom I will let them know their result has been tampered with so people won't think I'm running a bastard game.

Night 1
Light said:
Alligates said:
Tonight, flip a coin to do one of the following two things:
-Heal everyone who would have died tonight unless that person who would have died is me (i.e. if someone would die who is not me, they don't die), but don't give me a username.
OR
-Give me a username with a 100% instead of 87.5% chance of being innocent, but don't heal anyone or do anything else.

Granted.
Light said:
Wargle said:
I propose immunity to night kills for the rest of the game, but still be susceptable to lynches an modkills.

Granted, but immunity to lynches and modkills is now non-negotiable, and each vote to lynch you will now count for 1 + 1/3 votes.
Light said:
Mai said:
Proposal: I see the proposals others make.

I've been trying to make these reasonably vague, for better or for worse?

Granted. Starting tonight, you will see a number of proposals from the same night balanced on factors such as how many proposals were made, and the actual content of the proposals. Proposals will not be associated with the names of the people who made them.
Quicktopic said:
Phantom said:
I propose that an innocent of Light's choice gets a message that I have inspected them during the night. The random innocent targeted does not die this night and is treated as bulletproof for this night and this night only.
Light said:

Night 2
Light said:
DarkAura said:
Redirect the lie detector to me, making it 100% accurate, leaving no room for faultiness, and make any other attempts to influence or reredirect the lie detector invalid. In return, I cannot use Hilda the pickaxe until Day 5.

Okay, sure.
Light said:
I liek Squirtles said:
Dead players may send in proposals. However, if they do send one, they may not be revived.

Proposal granted.
Light said:
Eifie said:
I could do something useful with my proposal, but instead I would like every player's proposal tonight to be posted (anonymously) in the game thread at the start of the day, with every third word replaced by "woof".

Granted, except it might not always be exactly every third word if there is information that needs to be covered up.
Light said:
Alligates said:
Proposal: Broadcast inspection results for I liek Squirtles to the town in the morning announcement (e.g. thread post 4, post 39) in an easily interpretable and understandable format, regardless of my or his being alive or not. Block any attempts to tamper with these results. Do not give me a username.

Granted.
Light said:
Mai said:
Proposal: Metallica Fanboy is revived as an innocent and given the ability to make proposals.

Granted.

Night 3
Light said:
Metallica Fanboy said:
I said I wasn't sending any proposals in but here's one just to ensure I'm well out of way in this game.

Proposal: I am changing my alignment into a third party, with no win condition (thus, incapable of winning), who doesn't count towards the win condition of any other alignments in this game. Additionally -- and this one is admittedly more for the sake of messing with people -- any players who make further proposals involving me will find themselves struck by a V-Create from Rayquaza and will subsequently drop dead.

This good to go? I only vaguely recall the actual rules of the game right now, so.

Yup, you are good to go.
Light said:
Eifie said:
I propose that DarkAura be fully and irrevocably tempted to the dark side immediately, such that we may communicate tonight and she will have a chance to change her proposal (if already submitted) to something more befitting of mafia. I am a sneaky, sneaky recruiter and will stop by Alligates's place on my way: should anybody attempt to gain knowledge of my proposal (whether specifically mine or not), it will appear to them that I requested a foolproof report of Alligates's alignment. In exchange, I may not propose to change another player's alignment for the rest of the game.

(I declare that my proposal should be accepted because given that innocents can be absolutely any role they want to be at any time, mafia should be allowed to make much more powerful proposals than the innocents in order to make up for this grave imbalance! :D)

Granted, and I'm not even going to say you definitely can't convert again this game. I'll give DA the link to the quicktopic.
Quicktopic said:
DarkAura said:
I made my proposal to where you're pretty much a godfather. You will /always/ show up as innocent from any type of inspection. And I made the proposal itself anonymous, just in case someone tries to force mass-proposals like you did with the every third woof.
Light said:
That's wayyy too powerful, DarkAura. We're going to go with, Eifie will be innocent for the day and following night. That means no mafia communication until the start of day 4. Also, in order to bar Eifie from any temptation of simply getting the town to lynch DarkAura, Eifie may not speak in the discussion today. Lastly, in an effort to balance the fact that the mafia will subsequently be made up of two "confirmed" innocents, Eifie may not submit a proposal tomorrow night.
Light said:
I liek Squirtles said:
I would like to form a new faction.
Its name: the Office.

As the leader of this faction I can knee one person a night. Kneeing means they cannot post the following day, essentially silenced. The person must be described as 'doubled over in pain'. If they do talk, they die by being turned into babies. Since there is no known cure, they are essentially dead. This, however, means I cannot bodyguard, because bodyguarding equipment is heavy, y'know?

Uh... what else... If any person makes a The Office reference they are automatically added to the Office.

If I am inspected, the inspection turns up 'MGS'.

This proposal cannot be revealed in any way, shape or form unless I mention it. If someone tries to bypass this, send them "Scott sends his regards" linked to this video.

You give me the win condition.

Granted. The Office team gets 1 victory for every time an office member is successfully lynched. When lynched, Office members come back to life the following morning.

Once another player joins the Office, office members will be able to communicate via a quicktopic thread that I will create.
Light said:
Superbird said:
I do not get revived, but I do regain the ability to talk in the thread. (I do not get to vote / my vote does not count)
Granted.
Light said:
Mai said:
Proposal: If I die, all my system messages (proposals) and accumulated private messages are sent on to a random innocent.
Granted.
(By dumb luck this went to Eifie for the split second she was innocent.)

Night 4
Light said:
DarkAura said:
N4 Proposal: Revive Phantom (still mafia) as an uptight French actress who refuses to play any role that plays her as a damsel in distress, and thinks that this entire game is a ploy to get her to play that exact role. There are no repercussions for not adhereing to this, though she doesn't need to know that. She must be publicly revealed to be mafia come day.

I'm just gonna straight up veto this one. Phantom got frustrated and said she didn't want to play, plus, three mafia would make the game over. Tonight, no reviving, no killing, and no converting, because we need to have at least one more day.
Light said:
Superbird said:
Eifie will be forced tonight to target only herself with her proposal tonight, instead of whichever other targets she has chosen.

Granted.
Light said:
DarkAura said:
Okay, so I guess my proposal will be: Put up an 'impenetrable' force field around me, giving me a 33% chance of deflecting any actions directed towards me for this night phase only. If they know the secret initiation handshake, it bumps down to 20%.

(and the secret initiaton handshake is a firm shake with the words, "How do you do?", because ripping off SpongeBob is the way to go!)

Granted.
Light said:
Alligates said:
Revive Mai, working in conjunction with I liek Squirtles to lessen the condition. Also, include in a system message of every innocent in the game, a warning that they are "at threat level midnight", using that exact warning, and also include in the PM three randomly generated unique usernames of people participating in the game, exactly one of which is the username of a living user who is currently of the mafia faction, but do not say that. Do not give out any dead mafia members' names. For example, you could include "Warning: You are at THREAT LEVEL MIDNIGHT. Additionally, you have received the following Mysterious Names: Yoshi, Mario, Luigi." with nothing more, if for example Luigi and Bowser are mafia and Yoshi and Mario are town, even if Luigi was originally town or Mario was originally mafia and they had their alignments changed over the duration of the game.

Only edit I'm going to make is that there will be 2 usernames sent out instead of 3. Granted.
Light said:
I liek Squirtles said:
Revive Mai, working in conjunction with Alligates to lessen the condition. Make public the system messages given to every player in the game, but do not say whose is whose.

Granted.

Night 5
Light said:
Superbird said:
Let's see if I can be a complete dickhead!

Proposal: Every time someone types the word "mafia" a system message goes "bleep". If there are multiple occurrences of the word "mafia" when you go to post a system message, there will be one bleep for every occurrence.

Additionally, this proposal is exempted from any attempts to reveal proposals to the general town. In other words, it is not to be shown to anyone.

Granted.
Light said:
blazheirio889 said:
Post/publicize DarkAura's proposal in the day opening post in full, with no alterations or modifications, even if any other proposal calls for such.

Granted, but I reserve the right to make any essential modifications.
Light said:
Mai said:
Mai: I propose that when day breaks, along with the beginning-of-day announcement, The Office's quicktopic is closed and an announcement is given (by PM, quicktopic, or both) that the faction has been disbanded. Announce that all Office alignments are revoked, and that all former members are now only allied to their other factions. Keep all Office alignments in practice, however, and keep the ability to revive when lynched. If this proposal is given to anyone, have it read that The Office has been completely disbanded and destroyed.
Eifie: I propose that Mai is to be given one "build-their-own" announcement, to be written and posted at will with no indication of its player-based origin (i.e., that it is posted as any other announcement made by the GM). In addition, I propose that this proposal stays completely secret: that it will not be posted in a thread, PMed to anyone, or given out, even if any other proposal calls for such.
DarkAura: I propose that Mai is to be converted to mafia alignment; in exchange, both Eifie and I die.

Granted.
Light said:
Alligates and I Liek Squirtles said:
Proposal: In the thread tomorrow morning in the morning announcement post, broadcast the usernames of 3 living innocents who are living and innocent at the start of tomorrow morning, besides I liek Squirtles if he qualifies; if there are fewer than 3 living innocents who are living and innocent at the start of tomorrow morning, broadcast only that number of people, and include I Liek Squirtles if he qualifies. Also, if anyone attempts to recruit another living player who is not in their faction into their faction with their proposal tonight, prevent all effects of that recruiting proposal. Do this working in conjunction with Mai and/or I liek Squirtles to reduce the conditions, if any, that are to be imposed on this proposal.

Partially granted.

Back
Top Bottom