The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Anime-Style Battling > ASB Archive

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Negrek's Avatar
Negrek Negrek is offline
busy dizzy lazy
 
Join Date: July 20, 2008
Location: Lurking
Age: 29
Posts: 5,959
Negrek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Hmmm... taking Walker vs surskitty and Lord Shyguy vs Turbler.
__________________
I will bake you oh my god but the worst cake.
  #22  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Music Dragon's Avatar
Music Dragon Music Dragon is offline
Doosic Maggon
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 2,324
Pronoun: Any
Music Dragon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athasan View Post
2 vs 2 single
Style: Set
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Healing Moves
Arena: Jungle

Pretty much a typical jungle setting. There are huge trees everywhere, but the canopy is thin enough that plenty of light can reach the forest floor. The battle starts out with it raining, and it will continue to rain for the entire battle unless it is replaced by another weather condition. The rain will come back after there has not been a special weather condition for a round.

My profile is here.
Challenge accepted.

Profile.
  #23  
Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Negrek's Avatar
Negrek Negrek is offline
busy dizzy lazy
 
Join Date: July 20, 2008
Location: Lurking
Age: 29
Posts: 5,959
Negrek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Music Dragon... pokémon recovered through Bill's Teleporter go to your computer, not your active squad. At the moment, you don't have anything out that you can fight with.
__________________
I will bake you oh my god but the worst cake.
  #24  
Old 08-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Music Dragon's Avatar
Music Dragon Music Dragon is offline
Doosic Maggon
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 2,324
Pronoun: Any
Music Dragon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Oh? I didn't notice that. Hmm! Sorry.
  #25  
Old 08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
PichuK's Avatar
PichuK PichuK is offline
They've locked down their fortress... with locks!
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 747
Pronoun: Call me 'It'
PichuK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrous Castform View Post
2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: A week.
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO, 5 Chill/Pokémon, 3 Direct Healing/Pokémon
Arena: Arceus Shrine

Deep within a forest temple there lies a large shrine room, its now-ancient stone walls covered in moss and lichen and the once-beautiful marble pillars that hold it up crumbling and wrecked. At the centre of the room is a giant statue of Arceus itself, the body made of silver, the wheel of gold and the eyes of emeralds. The statue is on a raised dais with steps leading up to it from all directions. The dais and steps together take up about 20% of the circular room. If a Pokémon stands at the very top of the dais next to the statue, they will regain 5% of their health and 2% of their energy for every round they are standing there - however, this comes with a catch. 5 turns after the Pokémon leaves the statue, it will come to life briefly and take revenge on the Pokémon for using it for personal gain. The statue will use a watered-down version of Judgement in a random type which is super-effective against the Pokémon which wills have a base damage of 5% times the number of turns the Pokémon spent by the statue. The move, unlike the real Judgement, only has an accuracy of 75%, however.

After twenty rounds, the few pillars which remain completely intact and give in, crumbling to pieces. Every turn after that, one chunk of ceiling will fall onto a random place in the arena (Somehow, they'll always miss the statue). Their size range from 1(Tiny) to 10(Huge) and deal that amount of damage.

There are no type-boosts in this arena, but moves which require to be outdoors (Weather moves, Solar Beam, Synthesis, Moonlight etc.) obviously have no affect in here.

Other: No Pokémon taller than 3 metres would be able to fit into the Shrine, so you can't use them.

look at mah pogeymanz (Along with various other information.)
Challenge accepted
Profile
  #26  
Old 08-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Meursault Meursault is offline
I am the man who arranges the blocks.
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Northeast Ohio
Age: 23
Posts: 2,029
Pronoun: they/her/hers
Meursault is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Right so reffing s_l and Grass King I guess.
__________________
  #27  
Old 08-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Flareth's Avatar
Flareth Flareth is offline
The fastest girl in town
 
Join Date: June 30, 2008
Location: Aperture Science
Age: 24
Posts: 3,632
Pronoun: She
Flareth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

2vs2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: My Computer Desk

The pokemon are tiny, like...a centimeter tall. And this battle takes place on my computer desk. Of course, being tiny has some hazards. If you fall into something like Nail polish or nail polish remover (They're on the desk), you have a 10% chance of being poisoned. If I come in with my breakfast, touching the breakfast has a 10% chance of burning. If I start pounding the table (Boredom), it has the same effect as Earthquake, if that's fine with the ref.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/...8&postcount=22 <-----Profile!
__________________


  #28  
Old 08-12-2008, 11:54 PM
KMew's Avatar
KMew KMew is offline
Caterpie
 
Join Date: August 11, 2008
Age: 22
Posts: 140
Pronoun: Male
KMew is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to KMew
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
2vs2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: My Computer Desk

The pokemon are tiny, like...a centimeter tall. And this battle takes place on my computer desk. Of course, being tiny has some hazards. If you fall into something like Nail polish or nail polish remover (They're on the desk), you have a 10% chance of being poisoned. If I come in with my breakfast, touching the breakfast has a 10% chance of burning. If I start pounding the table (Boredom), it has the same effect as Earthquake, if that's fine with the ref.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/...8&postcount=22 <-----Profile!
heh this seems cool. Totally Pro.
  #29  
Old 08-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Ether's Bane Ether's Bane is offline
future Singaporean
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Land of Apocalypse & Solitude
Posts: 2,064
Pronoun: he
Ether's Bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Ether's Bane
Default Re: The Challenge Board

1v1
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: Evasion/OHKO
Arena: On a boat

Yeah, pretty standard, except that Water-type moves get a 5% damage bonus.

Profile:

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/show...8&postcount=42
__________________
T-U-M-B-L-R

Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor Message View Post
This morning, after a long night of vodka martinis and vampire movies, I made my way to Starbucks for my usual fix-up - a venti mocha followed by a vanilla macchiato. While I was going over various musings in my head and listening to the Van Morrison song that was playing on the radio, I checked the voice mail on my phone and saw Virgin Mobile had left me a message. There had been a vital mistake on my last bill, and so I was being refunded for overcharges on my voice minutes. Later that day, I found one of those special vending machines from Coca-Cola's viral marketing campaign. It was a very memorable day.



Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/

Last edited by Ether's Bane; 08-15-2008 at 09:33 AM.
  #30  
Old 08-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Music Dragon's Avatar
Music Dragon Music Dragon is offline
Doosic Maggon
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 2,324
Pronoun: Any
Music Dragon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Dragon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athasan View Post
2 vs 2 single
Style: Set
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Healing Moves
Arena: Jungle

Pretty much a typical jungle setting. There are huge trees everywhere, but the canopy is thin enough that plenty of light can reach the forest floor. The battle starts out with it raining, and it will continue to rain for the entire battle unless it is replaced by another weather condition. The rain will come back after there has not been a special weather condition for a round.

My profile is here.
Challenge accepted.

Profile.
Alright, now that I've fixed some stuff, I'm accepting this challenge for real.
  #31  
Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Crowned Clown's Avatar
Crowned Clown Crowned Clown is offline
Caterpie
 
Join Date: August 11, 2008
Location: In a box. With wallpaper.
Age: 22
Posts: 119
Pronoun: Female
Crowned Clown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crowned Clown Send a message via MSN to Crowned Clown
Default Re: The Challenge Board

1v1
DQ: FOREVERRRR 9 days
Damage Cap: 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Deep Sea Arena

As the title says, the Arena is in the deep sea. If you're a land-pokémon then you get a special air tank. Size and weight is unlimited, as you are undersea. Fire moves are canceled out immediately by the water, Ground won't do much if you're above the ground in the water, Grass attacks get canceled out, and Water is explainable. All those moves have 0% damage unless for Ground you're on the ground. Since water is everywhere Electric moves get a 5% boost after calculations. Land pokémon tanks will run out of air every 10 rounds and refilling takes one action/move; however, if that is necessary opponents are NOT allowed to attack that pokémon but anything else is okay.

Profile~
  #32  
Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Kratos Aurion's Avatar
Kratos AurionMOD Kratos Aurion is offline
beep beep coming through
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: chaos muppet
Age: 29
Posts: 4,478
Pronoun: Any
Kratos Aurion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock-ground View Post
1v1
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Banned Moves: Evasion/OHKO
Arena: On a boat

Yeah, pretty standard, except that Water-type moves get a 5% damage bonus.

Since I haven't yet created my profile, my Pokemon are Steelbird the male Skarmory and Darkness the female Spiritomb, neither of which has any battle experience.
I think the general idea is that you need to create the profile before doing this...?
__________________
...
  #33  
Old 08-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Mad MOAI's Avatar
Mad MOAI Mad MOAI is offline
Actually more of a harmour fan
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: this moment
Age: 21
Posts: 5,264
Pronoun: She
Mad MOAI is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowned Clown View Post
1v1
DQ: FOREVERRRR 9 days
Damage Cap: 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Deep Sea Arena

As the title says, the Arena is in the deep sea. If you're a land-pokémon then you get a special air tank. Size and weight is unlimited, as you are undersea. Fire moves are canceled out immediately by the water, Ground won't do much if you're above the ground in the water, Grass attacks get canceled out, and Water is explainable. All those moves have 0% damage unless for Ground you're on the ground. Since water is everywhere Electric moves get a 5% boost after calculations. Land pokémon tanks will run out of air every 10 rounds and refilling takes one action/move; however, if that is necessary opponents are NOT allowed to attack that pokémon but anything else is okay.

Profile~
Accepting this challenge.

Profile
__________________

Why would anyone want to turn back time? There’s no meaning in regret. No point in thinking about things I could have done. Because there’s no guarantee that any decision is the right one.
-Ryunosuke, Wild Adapter 6


deviantART - Youtube - ASB profile - fanfiction
Heatmor hatched: 104
  #34  
Old 08-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Darksong's Avatar
Darksong Darksong is offline
Back in action!
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: watching Bleach
Age: 21
Posts: 5,983
Pronoun: She
Darksong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Battle format: 1 vs 1
DQ time: 5 days
Damage cap: 25%
Restricted moves: 1-hit KO moves.
Arena: A deep quarry, with stone walls on all sides. There are a few large piles of rocks dotting the bottom of the quarry, as well as some ridges on the walls that are good for aerial attacks. It's somewhat warm and sunny, so Fire-type moves deal 5% more damage after other calculations. Rock and Ground-type moves deal 2% more damage after other calculations due to the hard and rocky environment. Ice-type moves deal 2% less damage after other calculations.

Here's my profile.
__________________



"Caged birds accept each other, but flight is what they long for." - Tennessee Williams

| Safari Zone PC | | Flipnote Hatena | | DeviantArt || ASB Profile |
  #35  
Old 08-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Light Mightyena Light Mightyena is offline
The Brightest Dark Type
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 91
Pronoun: Female
Light Mightyena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

I'll referee Shadowstar and Crowned Clown's battle.

I'll also issue a challenge of my own.

Battle Format: 3 v 3
DQ Time: One Week
Damage Cap: None
Banned and Restricted Moves: Protect can only be used once. Otherwise, go crazy.

Arena: Seviper Stadium

This 'stadium' is little more than an old warehouse that was once home to an illegal pokemon fighting ring. An eyesore of an abandoned building on the outside, the inside of Seviper Stadium is filled with crates, old folding chairs, and a few busted up wooden bleachers to sit on, all surrounding a moderately-sized area of concrete floor with a pokeball drawn on it with white paint. In the middle of the pokeball is a stylized Seviper painted in red, and at either and of the pokeball is a rectangle for each trainer to stand, along with a more freshly-painted rectangle off to one side for the referee.

Since the police have arrested the criminals who used to use it, the Stadium is open for any trainers to fight in, provided they have a League-approved referee and the proper safeties in place to prevent serious injury or death.

Seviper Stadium has no visible benefits or hindrances for any particular pokemon, though one should note that it was not made for incredibly large pokemon, nor is the ceiling overly high. There is also no way to be effected by the weather outside, and the concrete floor makes attacks that require tearing up the floor impossible.

Profile
__________________
~"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" -Ellen, from the comic El Goonish Shive

~If I ignore a friend request, it isn't because I don't like you. It's because I see no point in friend lists. I don't need to be on someone's special list to know they're my friend, nor to I have a desire to put anyone on mine. So please don't send me friend requests.
  #36  
Old 08-13-2008, 04:05 PM
KMew's Avatar
KMew KMew is offline
Caterpie
 
Join Date: August 11, 2008
Age: 22
Posts: 140
Pronoun: Male
KMew is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to KMew
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Issue ;D

Format : 2 v 2 Double
DQ Time : 5 Days
Damage Cap : 35%
Banned / Restrictions : OHKOs, Only 2 Protects, and only 1 Direct Healing Move.
Stage: Nintendo GameCube

The Battle begins by the disc compartment opening and the battling Pokemon coming out of it. Then, each Pokemon will start in the 4 corners. This battlefield is very simple at a glance. Electric-type Pokemon get a 5% damage bonus, along with Water-type Pokemon losing 5% because of the electrical current. The very center of the battlefield causes Pokemon to levitate a foot or so off of the ground from the current caused by the spinning of the disc.

As you should know, the GameCube has three buttons on it; Power, Reset, and Open. However, this one has a fourth button; Disaster. Now, a Pokemon could be ordered to go over and press a button. Each button has a different effect. Power causes the power to turn off, and the current in the middle stops and the arena becomes pitch black. It remains like this until a Pokemon accidentally bumps into it, or a Pokemon uses a move that lights up the arena such as Flash or any electric or fire move. While the Power is off, the 5% bonus and decrease is taken away. The Open button causes 2 random Pokemon to get absorbed into the disc compartment. While in there, they cannot escape or do any moves at all. They remain in there for the duration of 1 whole round (it must be one Pokemon from each side, not both from one side). Once these Pokemon are released out of the Disc Compartment, they will have 10% less health. Reset simply cancels out all of the moves in the last action. So, if it is Attack ~ Reset ~ Attack, every Pokemon's 2nd action will be cancelled. Disaster causes one random disaster; thunderstorm, blizzard, wildfire, or toxic rain. Each Pokemon is affected by this storm, and they get paralyzed, frozen, burned, or posioned, respectively.

...xD; long arena.

Totally Pro.
  #37  
Old 08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Zeph's Avatar
Zeph Zeph is offline
Anything but unremarkable
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Sheffield, UK
Age: 24
Posts: 3,621
Pronoun: he
Zeph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMew View Post
Issue ;D

Format : 2 v 2 Double
DQ Time : 5 Days
Damage Cap : 35%
Banned / Restrictions : OHKOs, Only 2 Protects, and only 1 Direct Healing Move.
Stage: Nintendo GameCube

The Battle begins by the disc compartment opening and the battling Pokemon coming out of it. Then, each Pokemon will start in the 4 corners. This battlefield is very simple at a glance. Electric-type Pokemon get a 5% damage bonus, along with Water-type Pokemon losing 5% because of the electrical current. The very center of the battlefield causes Pokemon to levitate a foot or so off of the ground from the current caused by the spinning of the disc.

As you should know, the GameCube has three buttons on it; Power, Reset, and Open. However, this one has a fourth button; Disaster. Now, a Pokemon could be ordered to go over and press a button. Each button has a different effect. Power causes the power to turn off, and the current in the middle stops and the arena becomes pitch black. It remains like this until a Pokemon accidentally bumps into it, or a Pokemon uses a move that lights up the arena such as Flash or any electric or fire move. While the Power is off, the 5% bonus and decrease is taken away. The Open button causes 2 random Pokemon to get absorbed into the disc compartment. While in there, they cannot escape or do any moves at all. They remain in there for the duration of 1 whole round (it must be one Pokemon from each side, not both from one side). Once these Pokemon are released out of the Disc Compartment, they will have 10% less health. Reset simply cancels out all of the moves in the last action. So, if it is Attack ~ Reset ~ Attack, every Pokemon's 2nd action will be cancelled. Disaster causes one random disaster; thunderstorm, blizzard, wildfire, or toxic rain. Each Pokemon is affected by this storm, and they get paralyzed, frozen, burned, or posioned, respectively.

...xD; long arena.

Totally Pro.
Taking this.

Profileness
__________________
||||||||||||
Farroh v4
  #38  
Old 08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Kratos Aurion's Avatar
Kratos AurionMOD Kratos Aurion is offline
beep beep coming through
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: chaos muppet
Age: 29
Posts: 4,478
Pronoun: Any
Kratos Aurion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Mightyena View Post
I'll referee Shadowstar and Crowned Clown's battle.

I'll also issue a challenge of my own.

Battle Format: 3 v 3
DQ Time: One Week
Damage Cap: None
Banned and Restricted Moves: Protect can only be used once. Otherwise, go crazy.

Arena: Seviper Stadium

This 'stadium' is little more than an old warehouse that was once home to an illegal pokemon fighting ring. An eyesore of an abandoned building on the outside, the inside of Seviper Stadium is filled with crates, old folding chairs, and a few busted up wooden bleachers to sit on, all surrounding a moderately-sized area of concrete floor with a pokeball drawn on it with white paint. In the middle of the pokeball is a stylized Seviper painted in red, and at either and of the pokeball is a rectangle for each trainer to stand, along with a more freshly-painted rectangle off to one side for the referee.

Since the police have arrested the criminals who used to use it, the Stadium is open for any trainers to fight in, provided they have a League-approved referee and the proper safeties in place to prevent serious injury or death.

Seviper Stadium has no visible benefits or hindrances for any particular pokemon, though one should note that it was not made for incredibly large pokemon, nor is the ceiling overly high. There is also no way to be effected by the weather outside, and the concrete floor makes attacks that require tearing up the floor impossible.

Profile
I'll accept this challenge, then.

Profile
__________________
...
  #39  
Old 08-13-2008, 05:03 PM
allitersonance allitersonance is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: Despair's Valley Academy
Posts: 2,216
Pronoun: It
allitersonance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Challenge Board

Reffing Light Mightyena vs Kratos Aurion.
  #40  
Old 08-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Coloursfall's Avatar
Coloursfall Coloursfall is offline
THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: beyond the mountain peak
Age: 27
Posts: 4,922
Pronoun: He
Coloursfall has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Coloursfall
Default Re: The Challenge Board

A challenge for moon-panther~

2vs2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Healing
Arena: Enchanted Forest

Almost every Faerie Tale has a forest... An enchanted forest. The battle will take place in a clearing, surrounded by huge trees that are impossible to bypass. There's a small pond in the clearing's centre, providing a spot for water-bound Pokemon. The trees seem almost impervious to fire, and will not burn. Every three rounds, a pair of golden mightyena will appear from the trees, attack the battlers with one random attack, and flee.

Prooofie
__________________
don't try to step out of line, they'll stomp on anyone
---
dA | DC | Steam | Neopets | Flight Rising | tumblr | ASB Details | Art Thread
---
they told me I should back down, all around, not a sound, dirty little freak


Last edited by Coloursfall; 08-13-2008 at 09:35 PM.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.