Notices

Old 01-04-2018, 09:02 PM
sandslash sandpan

Pronoun: they / she
sanderidge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
I think I'm only in two battles that take up a slot (not that either of them has moved in years), so. This is totally ridiculous but I need to spread the word of bird. Go buy your cheep cheeps!

Format: 1&1 vs 1&1, double
DQ: whatever
Damage Cap: 40%?
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct healing, Chill, anything that erases abilities (I don't think Oricorio has anything like that, but just in case). Spamming of Dance moves is highly encouraged.

Arena: Oricorio Meadow
idk how to write but it is pretty and full of flowers and stuff. The meadow is separated into four quadrants, each populated with a different colour of Oricorio flower. It is very very pretty. So pretty. Look how pretty! Cheep cheeps can take an action to drink the nectar from any of the flowers and change form according to the flower's colour. Form changes will take place at the end of the round.

Additional Rules: The only allowed Pokémon is our favourite cheep cheep friend, Oricorio. We will need one Oricorio of each form (but of course they can change forms during battle, see the arena description). Mine is Sensu form! Flying and Electric inflict neutral damage on each other, to prevent Pom-Pom form from being too OP. All participating cheep cheeps have Fiery Dance, Feather Dance, Lunar Dance, Petal Dance, and Quiver Dance added to their movepool.

This battle may drag on, so I'm considering something like everyone starting off at 50% health/energy and only two actions a round so the ref doesn't need to write like, five million dance moves per round. I welcome your suggestions! (This would probably have to affect exp gain in some way, but I'll assume nobody cares about it in this battle anyway because Oricorio doesn't evolve.)

Current Participants:
  • Eifie (Sensu Oricorio)
  • Sandstone-Shadow (Baile Oricorio)
  • You?! (Pa'u Oricorio)
  • You?! (Pom-Pom Oricorio)
wheeze i'm here i'm queer and my cheep cheep friend is... also here and ready to fight. i'll be joinng with a pom-pom oricorio!

sandshrewnoibatsandshrew-alola

Last edited by sanderidge; 01-04-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:30 PM
blame telegram

Pronoun: He
JackPK is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
I think I'm only in two battles that take up a slot (not that either of them has moved in years), so. This is totally ridiculous but I need to spread the word of bird. Go buy your cheep cheeps!

Format: 1&1 vs 1&1, double
DQ: whatever
Damage Cap: 40%?
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct healing, Chill, anything that erases abilities (I don't think Oricorio has anything like that, but just in case). Spamming of Dance moves is highly encouraged.

Arena: Oricorio Meadow
idk how to write but it is pretty and full of flowers and stuff. The meadow is separated into four quadrants, each populated with a different colour of Oricorio flower. It is very very pretty. So pretty. Look how pretty! Cheep cheeps can take an action to drink the nectar from any of the flowers and change form according to the flower's colour. Form changes will take place at the end of the round.

Additional Rules: The only allowed Pokémon is our favourite cheep cheep friend, Oricorio. We will need one Oricorio of each form (but of course they can change forms during battle, see the arena description). Mine is Sensu form! Flying and Electric inflict neutral damage on each other, to prevent Pom-Pom form from being too OP. All participating cheep cheeps have Fiery Dance, Feather Dance, Lunar Dance, Petal Dance, and Quiver Dance added to their movepool.

This battle may drag on, so I'm considering something like everyone starting off at 50% health/energy and only two actions a round so the ref doesn't need to write like, five million dance moves per round. I welcome your suggestions! (This would probably have to affect exp gain in some way, but I'll assume nobody cares about it in this battle anyway because Oricorio doesn't evolve.)

Current Participants:
  • Eifie (Sensu Oricorio)
  • Sandstone-Shadow (Baile Oricorio)
  • You?! (Pa'u Oricorio)
  • sanderidge (Pom-Pom Oricorio)
I will try to get back into ASB by taking the last slot! I'll try to keep up but just in case, poke me on Telegram if I don't give commands within a day or so of it being my turn for it :)

if you feel like it, click on my GPX+ party below! :3

Old 01-04-2018, 11:46 PM
plus ultra!

Pronoun: he
I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles

Thread up once I'm home!!

~*tumblr~

Haikus

これは俳句ではありません。
私は日本語が話せません。
翻訳機を使っていますか?-VM

Old 01-05-2018, 12:01 AM
oh man, good times.

Pronoun: She
Eifie is on a distinguished road

All right! We never figured out any changes to health/energy, number of actions in a round, etc., so I guess let's just start normally and modify things if they get ridiculous. Everyone put your cheep cheep in your party; ILS you can randomize the teams!
Old 01-08-2018, 08:26 PM
beep beep coming through

Pronoun: Any
Kratos Aurion is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
Format: 2v2 Singles
Style: Set
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing, Burn Up
Arena Description: Volcanic Slope
This Battle takes place on the side of a volcano. It's dormant and doesn't do anything to the battle (at least at first), but it's thematically appropriate. Just don't use earthquake too frequently.
Additional Rules: Unevolved Fire-Types only. Abilities that would grant immunity to Fire Moves do not, but their other effects remain unchanged (Flash Fire still boosts the power of Fire moves).
Mind if I accept this? Still not quite up to jumping back into ASB whole hog, but I've kinda wanted to have a super-simple battle for a little while and this should do just fine.

Now, let's see if I remember how to drive this thing...
Old 01-08-2018, 11:29 PM
Just leave it to me!

Pronoun: he, they
Keldeo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
Format: 2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing, Burn Up
Arena Description: Volcanic Slope
This Battle takes place on the side of a volcano. It's dormant and doesn't do anything to the battle (at least at first), but it's thematically appropriate. Just don't use earthquake too frequently.
Additional Rules: Unevolved Fire-Types only. Abilities that would grant immunity to Fire Moves do not, but their other effects remain unchanged (Flash Fire still boosts the power of Fire moves).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos Aurion View Post
Mind if I accept this? Still not quite up to jumping back into ASB whole hog, but I've kinda wanted to have a super-simple battle for a little while and this should do just fine.

Now, let's see if I remember how to drive this thing...
I'll ref this! Thread up in a bit.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:39 AM
The finchiest of widgets

Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Stryke

Man, been a while since I posted one of these... anyway!

Format: 2 vs 2, single
Style: Switch
DQ: 3 weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Recovery Moves, Terrain moves
Arena Description: Somewhere off in a secluded forest is a giant metal dome-like structure that if we're being honest really has no business being in a forest anyway, which it doesn't. It's an abandoned research facility where some scientists attempted to toy with nature... and failed. Don''t worry, nothing evil lurks there; they just didn't get the results that the higher ups wanted, so their funding was cut, and as a result the facility had to be abandoned. However, what was it they were trying to do? Well, they were looking into how terrain moves such as Electric Terrain and Misty Terrain work, and in the process, managed to create 18 sort of inferior, man-made terrains: one for each type!

These terrains have the same effect of amplifying moves of the same type as the active terrain by 1.2x, with the added bonus effect of weakening any moves that would normally be weak to the type of the terrain by 0.8x. So, for example, if a water terrain was in effect, any water moves used then would be amplified by 1.2x, while any fire, ground, or rock moves used would have be weakened by 0.8x. However, if a type is weak to itself (Dragon or Ghost) or has no types weak to it (Normal), the 0.8x modifier does not come into effect (Or in Ghost terrains case, only affects Psychic type moves). However, these terrains aren't without their drawbacks; like I mentioned, they're inferior versions, so they can only last one round at a time before fading away to a new terrain. In addition, if it happens to become a Grass, Electric, Psychic, or Fairy terrain, it will not keep any bonus effects that it would normally have, such as negating priority moves or healing at the end of every round, and will only have the aforementioned effects of boosting or lowering certain types attacks.

To summarize:
  • There are 18 "terrains", one for each type
  • A new random "terrain" is put into effect at the start of each round
  • Boosts moves of the same type as the terrain by 1.2x
  • Weakens moves that have types that are weak to the type of the terrain by 0.8x
  • If a terrain has a type that is weak against itself (Dragon or Ghost) then the 1.2x modifier trumps the 0.8x modifier
  • If the terrain is Electric, Psychic, Fairy, or Grass, it does not have any of the bonus effects such as negating status or anything, and only boosts or weakens its according types

(Hopefully I did this right and this doesn't seem too overpowered or anything but if it is please let me know!)

Last edited by Stryke; 01-19-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:59 PM
Just leave it to me!

Pronoun: he, they
Keldeo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
Man, been a while since I posted one of these... anyway!

Format: 2 vs 2, single
Style: Switch
DQ: 3 weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Recovery Moves
Arena Description: Somewhere off in a secluded forest is a giant metal dome-like structure that if we're being honest really has no business being in a forest anyway, which it doesn't. It's an abandoned research facility where some scientists attempted to toy with nature... and failed. Don''t worry, nothing evil lurks there; they just didn't get the results that the higher ups wanted, so their funding was cut, and as a result the facility had to be abandoned. However, what was it they were trying to do? Well, they were looking into how terrain moves such as Electric Terrain and Misty Terrain work, and in the process, managed to create 18 sort of inferior, man-made terrains: one for each type!

These terrains have the same effect of amplifying moves of the same type as the active terrain by 1.2x, with the added bonus effect of weakening any moves that would normally be weak to the type of the terrain by 0.8x. So, for example, if a water terrain was in effect, any water moves used then would be amplified by 1.2x, while any fire, ground, or rock moves used would have be weakened by 0.8x. However, if a type is weak to itself (Dragon or Ghost) or has no types weak to it (Normal), the 0.8x modifier does not come into effect (Or in Ghost terrains case, only affects Psychic type moves). However, these terrains aren't without their drawbacks; like I mentioned, they're inferior versions, so they can only last one round at a time before fading away to a new terrain. In addition, if it happens to become a Grass, Electric, Psychic, or Fairy terrain, it will not keep any bonus effects that it would normally have, such as negating priority moves or healing at the end of every round, and will only have the aforementioned effects of boosting or lowering certain types attacks.

To summarize:
  • There are 18 "terrains", one for each type
  • A new random "terrain" is put into effect at the start of each round
  • Boosts moves of the same type as the terrain by 1.2x
  • Weakens moves that have types that are weak to the type of the terrain by 0.8x
  • If a terrain has a type that is weak against itself (Dragon or Ghost) then the 1.2x modifier trumps the 0.8x modifier
  • If the terrain is Electric, Psychic, Fairy, or Grass, it does not have any of the bonus effects such as negating status or anything, and only boosts or weakens its according types

(Hopefully I did this right and this doesn't seem too overpowered or anything but if it is please let me know!)
Ooh, this arena looks interesting! I’ll take this challenge.

Just to clarify, would normal Terrain moves or Terrain-dependent abilities/items still work along with the terrain in the arena?
Old 01-19-2018, 09:37 PM
The finchiest of widgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldeo View Post
Ooh, this arena looks interesting! I’ll take this challenge.

Just to clarify, would normal Terrain moves or Terrain-dependent abilities/items still work along with the terrain in the arena?
Ooh, yeah, probably should've specified that... But anyway, normal Terrain moves are banned, so I'll edit the Banned Moves section to reflect that, as is the Terrain Extender. However, all the Terrain seeds are allowed, in addition to any Terrain dependent abilities, as long as the corresponding terrain happens to show up.

Last edited by Stryke; 01-19-2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:06 AM
Let's talk about this "dairy" section.

RedneckPhoenix is an unknown quantity at this point

here's a challenge for Stryke

Format: 4v4 single

DQ Time: 49 hours

Damage Cap: 40%

Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Recovery 1/Mon, Chills 3/Mon, Splash

Story: Upon a bright, sunny day in Asber, a bystander finds a note taped, upside-down, to the doors of the central hall.

"you fucks skipped out on a battle for halloween to play mafia so we're making our own spooky decisions and going yo this stupid mansion.

xoxo,
Phoenix & Stryke"

Arena Description: Spooky Scary Man-si-on
The battle takes place in a haunted mansion, fit with its own mildly perturbed spirit! He's mostly complaining about how his mansion is always haunted by humans and how he just fixed that leak and how he's getting a restraining order. Funny stuff. There are two floors to the mansion, the bottom having 6 rooms while the top has 5, with the center room instead having a balcony overlooking the foyer. A Pokémon can take an action to move to another room vertically or horizontally, while one flying pokémon can fly up from the foyer to the second floor balcony without taking an action. The ghost, Phil, is only really there to complain. Water for certain rooms can only be found in the bathroom on the bottom floor, in the top left corner of the map.

Additional Rules: Phil must be acknowledged in every ref post or he kills everyone.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:08 AM
The finchiest of widgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckPhoenix View Post
here's a challenge for Stryke

Format: 4v4 single

DQ Time: 49 hours

Damage Cap: 40%

Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Recovery 1/Mon, Chills 3/Mon, Splash

Story: Upon a bright, sunny day in Asber, a bystander finds a note taped, upside-down, to the doors of the central hall.

"you fucks skipped out on a battle for halloween to play mafia so we're making our own spooky decisions and going yo this stupid mansion.

xoxo,
Phoenix & Stryke"

Arena Description: Spooky Scary Man-si-on
The battle takes place in a haunted mansion, fit with its own mildly perturbed spirit! He's mostly complaining about how his mansion is always haunted by humans and how he just fixed that leak and how he's getting a restraining order. Funny stuff. There are two floors to the mansion, the bottom having 6 rooms while the top has 5, with the center room instead having a balcony overlooking the foyer. A Pokémon can take an action to move to another room vertically or horizontally, while one flying pokémon can fly up from the foyer to the second floor balcony without taking an action. The ghost, Phil, is only really there to complain. Water for certain rooms can only be found in the bathroom on the bottom floor, in the top left corner of the map.

Additional Rules: Phil must be acknowledged in every ref post or he kills everyone.
Hey guys that's me
(Accepted)
Old 03-09-2018, 03:29 PM
you cannot have my pain

Pronoun: they
Nira is an unknown quantity at this point

for mewtini.

Format: 3v3 single
Style: switch
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap:40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, direct heals,
Arena Description: psychic blaze. the battle takes place on a website. water can be summoned as necessary. by default, a 1.2x bonus is granted to the dark type. one action can be consumed to change the site's style to one of the following, and it will remain until someone switches it again: green to grass, white to ice, pink to fairy, blue to water.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:53 PM
bubblegum bitch

Pronoun: she/her/hers
mewtini is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nira View Post
for mewtini.

Format: 3v3 single
Style: switch
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap:40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, direct heals,
Arena Description: psychic blaze. the battle takes place on a website. water can be summoned as necessary. by default, a 1.2x bonus is granted to the dark type. one action can be consumed to change the site's style to one of the following, and it will remain until someone switches it again: green to grass, white to ice, pink to fairy, blue to water.
accepted as fuck

http://alone-on-an-aeroplane.tumblr.com
:)