• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Creepy Pokemon Shit

Dude I would fuck kcalb into a wall.

1281797115929.png

1281798430934.jpg

1281799206873.png

1281799141308.png

The only thing that scared me was that I was listening to the lavender town music and started to feel a tingle in my chest. BEFORE reading the article.

There's a humming sound playing in the background in the Missing Frequencies video. Might be it (if that's what you were listening to). Low-frequency noises tend to make you feel uneasy or creeped out for no apparent reason. It's actually a very interesting phenomenon.

There's a humming sound playing in the background in the Missing Frequencies video. Might be it (if that's what you were listening to). Low-frequency noises tend to make you feel uneasy or creeped out for no apparent reason. It's actually a very interesting phenomenon.

It was. And I noticed the hummining the background. So that's what I attributed it to. I also closed it at about 5 minutes in <_<"

Something that struck me about the Pokemon Black version story (which is impossible, by the way) was that it had a rather beautiful ending, with a moral and all. It reminds me of a Junji Ito story, The Earthbound (no relation to the game Earthbound), where people who have committed crimes but were never punished freeze themselves into statues. Both were rather creepy, but at the end of each the message was that of "you get what you give."

I haven't managed to find any creepypasta about Missingno., which surprises and saddens me. Glitch pokemon were major nightmare fuel for me as a kid; I'm sure someone could come up with something playing off of them that would have me afraid to sleep at night. ; ;

here let me try

---

When I was a kid, I absolutely adored the Pokémon franchise. I was obsessed with the games and anime, and I collected the trading cards like crazy. Me and my brother (who was two years older than me, but just as into the franchise as I was) liked the games not just because of the basic concept (raising monsters to battle them), but also because of the potential for "hidden secrets". We knew about Mew's existence in the game, and we often looked through the game to see if we could find anything that would lead us to Mew - or anything else that Nintendo didn't want us to know about our games.

Then my brother came home from school one day spouting gibberish about how he had just learned of the existence of another Pokémon: "Missingno." He repeated for me some needlessly convoluted method on how to obtain this "secret Pokémon", and, even thought I was skeptical at the time, I went along with it. Lo and behold, I discovered a mess of glitch blocks off the coast of Cinnabar that had the name Missingno. Intrigued, I caught it, and showed it to my brother. He just about had a heart attack once he realized that this mysterious Pokémon actually existed, and he went and caught himself about three. Later on, while searching around to see if we could find any other screwed-up Pokémon around Cinnabar, I discovered a level 0 mess of glitch blocks called 'M. I beckoned my brother over; when he saw it, he frowned and said that he hadn't seen that one before, and that I should catch it. So I did. After that, it still said I was battling a Pokémon... I freaked and ran from the battle, and then went to go withdraw 'M from my PC.

Well, I couldn't withdraw it. The PC froze every time I tried. "No worries," I said to myself. "I still have all the Pokémon I need in my party." So I continued playing the game like nothing had happened.

Shortly after, me and my brother heard about Glitch City. I was the first to get to it, and when I did I was both amazed and astonished by what I discovered. But what happened in Glitch City deviated from what I'd heard about the place... I heard that pressing Start turns the entire map into water, so you can Surf out if you're stuck. Well, not in my case. While exploring Glitch City, I jumped over a ledge and found myself stuck in a one-tile wide area with no way out. I pressed Start and, lo and behold, the map turned into water. But I wasn't ready to flood Glitch City through quite yet. I pressed B and the map turned back into glitchy terrain. But I still couldn't move out of my one-square space, so I was ready to leave. I pressed Start... and all that happened was that a few pixels changed! I pressed Start many times futilely, and all that happened was that a few pixels changed. The map did not flood through any more.

I went to my Pidgey and selected Fly, ready to leave. This is where the story starts to get weirder... the game said "You can't use that here!" But I wasn't in a building and I wasn't in a cave! I think I would know if the game registered me as being in something... I tried to Surf and again the game said "You can't use that here!" Beginning to get kind of freaked out, I exited the menu and found, to my surprise, I was able to move again! I started to explore some more, when all of a sudden, the strangest thing happened... A blob of glitch appeared at the top right corner of the screen. It looked exactly like Missingno. and 'M! I mean, it was easy to tell it was the glitch Pokémon sprite, compared to the background of Glitch City, which was basically just bits and pieces of the Pokémon terrain thrown together senselessly. And as I watched, the glitch Pokémon moved down and started slowly moving toward the center of the screen, where I was! I started moving away from it, but found that it was still coming after me. I tried to mount my bike, but was told that I couldn't. The only thing I could do was keep moving to the left. Eventually, I found myself trapped against a non-existent wall. I could only watch as the glitch Pokémon reached my character.

When it did, the game freaked out.

The entire screen turned into the same glitchy texture as the glitch Pokémon, save for one spot: the spot where my character had been standing moments before. That was replaced with the word "ERROR". Then the word "ERROR" repeated several times over the screen, and when it was full the game turned black and froze, emitting a loud, harsh beep.

At this point, I screamed and yanked my Blue version out of the Game Boy.

The experience had terrified me so much that it was months before my brother could persuade me to even touch a Pokémon game again. He told me that it was just a freak experience, and it wouldn't happen again as long as I kept my game fairly glitch-free. So I turned on my game.

Almost immediately, I discovered that something wasn't right. The Nintendo symbol at the beginning was scrambled, although the game continued on to the title screen regardless. And when it did, the Pokémon at the bottom were all replaced by glitch boxes.

I was ready to take that game out and burn a hole through it. But my brother convinced me to keep trying, and so I went to the options screen.

Well, the "Continue" option wasn't there anymore. Only "New Game". And when I picked New Game, the screen turned black and emitted the same beep it had several months earlier, when my game had frozen.

I never touched Blue again after that. But I wasn't ready to give up on the Pokémon franchise because of that. Some time later, Gold and Silver were released. I got Silver, while my brother got Gold, and we were playing through as normal when a freak occurrence happened in mine.

I was in the Ruins of Alph, trying to find my way out, when suddenly I was thrown into a wild battle. I was slightly surprised, seeing as I had used a Repel a little bit before to counter the hordes of Unown the game wanted me to face, but nonetheless I went into the battle with naught but some curiosity.

Well, I suppose curiosity was the wrong emotion. The Pokémon I was sent into battle with was the same glitch mess from Blue! The only possible explanation I could think of was that at that point I had done a few trades with my brother's Red version; perhaps the glitches had snuck over from his game, since he had done so much experimenting with them? I listened to the music closely and discovered that it was the music from the radio track that plays in the Ruins of Alph. The glitch itself seemed perfectly harmless, except for the fact that it wasn't supposed to be there. I managed to run from it (not willing to fight it because of how it had ruined my game before), and...

I was in Glitch City again. I didn't even know Glitch City existed in Silver! I didn't have any Pokémon with Fly at that point, so I couldn't even attempt to escape. Instead, I simply shut off the game.

Upon turning it on again, the first oddity was that Lugia was in full color at the title screen. I shrugged this off and continued to the actual game... only to discover that, again, my save file had been lost! I didn't bother starting a new game. I was too freaked out. Instead, I waited hopefully for the next set of installments to the Pokémon series.

I hoped that Ruby and Sapphire would bring solace from the glitches that appeared to haunt my games. After all, they were better-programmed than the original games, and incompatible with them as well. One day, however, I was exploring the outside of Mt. Pyre (and listening to how weird it was that Mt. Pyre's music was so well composed for such an insignificant area in the game). I came across a Vulpix, except it wasn't a regular Vulpix: it was a neon yellow color instead, and it sparkled. I freaked and ran to my brother; he told me that it was a shiny (I didn't know what a shiny was at the time, since after all I had never gotten far enough in Silver to see the shiny Gyarados), and that I should catch it, so I did. Almost as soon as I left battle, I was thrown into another battle... this time, the Pokémon I saw was a circle with varying black-and-white rings inside it, ending up with a white question mark. The Pokémon was called "MISSINGNO."

I was under the impression that Missingno. didn't even exist in Ruby! I ran from it. The next Pokémon I found, running back down the side of Mt. Pyre, was another Missingno.... only this time, I sent out a Missingno. of my own! I ran again and looked at my party.

All six of my Pokémon had been transformed into something the game called "Bad EGG". All of them. And I couldn't do anything about it, because Mt. Pyre is an island and I'd lost my Pokémon with Surf and Fly to Bad EGGs, so I couldn't get to the Pokémon Center to see if the same thing had happened with my PC Pokémon. I turned off the game, and turned it back on, only to see that yet again, my file was erased. It wouldn't save a new file. I gave up trying and hoped that the games were done failing on me.

But, of course, they weren't.

FireRed and LeafGreen were out next. I got FireRed and was playing through, reveling in being able to relive the experiences from my days as a kid playing Pokémon. When I hit Lavender Tower, I found the next glitchy experience.

When I got to the point where the Marowak was supposed to be, I got into battle with it as normal. But instead of a Marowak, it transformed into... a Raticate. A Raticate, of all Pokémon. I defeated it, but when I did, I didn't leave the battle! I was instantly reminded of 'M from my old Blue version. The game wouldn't let me run from the battle. I attacked the invisible Pokémon, and it turned into another circle with a question mark inside it named Missingno.! Then the question mark "ran from battle". I have yet to know how that happened, but it did. Then the game froze and let out a beep not unlike the one I had heard from my dying Blue game, all those years ago.

This game was one I never played again. It was too much like my previous experience with Red for my liking. My brother reported to me a few weeks later that the game had deleted the save file anyway. I just waited for the next installments, praying that they wouldn't be glitched in the same way every other Pokémon game I'd ever owned had.

Diamond and Pearl came out next. I got Pearl, and was fairly confident that my glitchy experiences had ended.

But, of course, that was false optimism.

One day I was in the Underground with my brother, and we were playing Capture the Flag and trying to get all fifty flags. At one point, I chased him to his base, where he put the flag up and, just to spite me, closed the base for decorating. I went to look for treasure in the meantime, and when he told me he was done with the base, I went to go steal a flag. But it wouldn't let me into his base. I couldn't figure out why. He was as puzzled as I was, saying that yes, the base was open, and yes, he could get in there just fine. We didn't know why it didn't work. I tried for a few minutes before I went back to my own base. I went inside, closed it for decorating for a minute, and when I came back out...

The entire area was black. There was no music playing, just endless blackness. I could move around in it, but I couldn't figure out where to go. I pressed Start so that I could see if the "go up" function would work.

The entire area turned into water.

The black zone was Pearl's Glitch City! I showed it to my brother. He just shook his head disbelievingly. Neither of us could figure out what was going on. I couldn't Surf, though, because the menu wouldn't let me access my Pokémon. So I simply exited the menu, and found that the area turned from water back into... well, it wasn't black, that's for sure. It was a glitched-up mess resembling glitch city. I couldn't move. The game was making weird, garbled noises and I couldn't interpret any of them. After spending a while trying to do something, my brother convinced me to turn off the game, so I did.

When I turned it on... you guessed it, the file was erased! I hadn't even thought that was possible on the DS games! I put the game away and waited for the next series.

HeartGold and SoulSilver didn't disappoint - at least, not at first. I'll never know how the rest of the game was, because the glitches struck here, yet again! I was wandering through the Ruins of Alph, my heart beating faster than normal, because I remembered what had happened here ten years earlier. I ran into another Pokémon - this time I had no Repel on, so I was expecting it to be an Unown.

Well, it wasn't. Of course, I'll never find out what it was, because then my game crashed and I was never able to play my file again.

Disgusted that the glitches had ruined yet another of my game files, but determined to discover why, exactly, glitches were corrupting all my games, I went straight to the source: my original Blue version.

I would never discover why. I stuck the game into my GBA SP, and before I could do anything the entire screen spontaneously turned white. Terrified, I yanked the game out of the GBA - and the GBA logo came onto the screen. The GBA wasn't even turned on. The effect didn't go away until I put Blue back into the GBA, and then the GBA was normal. Or, well, it would have been, if somehow that hadn't broken the GBA. It no longer worked. The glitches had somehow invaded even the systems the games were on.

I can only hope that Black and White don't become corrupted like every other Pokémon game I've ever played was.

None of the stories creeped me out, but Leafpool, yours really did. Did it really happen? (If you say no, I won't be surprised)

@Verne The pictures creeped me out and your avatar scares me to death. Change it PLEASE.

None of the stories creeped me out, but Leafpool, yours really did. Did it really happen? (If you say no, I won't be surprised)

Parts of the story (the GBA displaying the title screen when the game was off, Missingno. spontaneously appearing in Ruby (although that was because of Action Replay use), Glitch City being water on one pause and barely changing the next) actually happened to me, but the rest didn't. The scenario itself - glitches following you throughout games - comes from one of TR'sRockin!'s glitch tales sent in by fans. I don't believe that the story actually happened, but the premise was certainly an intriguing one, so I ran with it.

Man, this stuff just creeps me out. The glitch stuff, and the images of death, not so much. but the stories about hidden frequencies killing people, that really scared the shit out of me (I don't swear unless I'm really scared). one of my favorite pastimes is putting on my headphones and listening to loops of battle/legendary music. I guess i'll have to watch out for lavender town.....

That's fucking creepy shit, man. I feel like making an RP about glitch Pokemon- There's most likely going to be several mentions of your story indirectly.

Oh shit man I clicked on one of those links and my computer freaked the fuck out on me. This was pretty demented before but now I have the shit scared out of me.

Back
Top Bottom