• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Noctowl vs TrueToCheese

The office

Hello, hello? I wanted to record a message to give you an idea of the rule for battling in this wonderful establishment.
You may find youself and your pokemon feeling a little cramped in that room there, I know, as I, uh, have been battling in there myself before you came along. This battle is best suited to, erm, small Pokemon.
Maybe no bigger than a human. It is pretty cramped in there.

Anyway, on to the real rules. There are two doors to your left and right, and through them may come the animatronics. You know, Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, and...ah Foxy. He's my favorite. Erm, anyway.
There is a chance (30%) that they may peek their heads through the door, and will stay till the end of the next round.
Now, they are nothing to worry about! As long as you leave them alone, they should leave you alone. Remember to treat them with respect, or they will fight back and do 15% damage.
They will respond to moves that hit all targets though, so be careful.​

Noctowl (xO)
meowth
Moist Von Lipvig (m) <Technician> @expert belt
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
- ‘Someone looking for a new secretary…?’

TrueToCheese (Oo)
skorupi
Madeline (f) <Battle Armor>
Health: 3%
Energy: 58%
- ‘Oh, I did it, I won…’ Speed -1, tormented (1 more action).​

Moist appears in a flash, pausing to examine the rather ruined arena and equally devastated opponent. ’Great, another clean up job…’ Unimpressed, he tosses himself into the air, sliding claws-first downwards onto the shivering Madeline - only to bounce harshly off a blue shield circling her. He lands on his butt, stunned momentarily, then clambers quickly to his feet. Rude!

Undeterred, he jumps forward again, claws outstretched - and his blows hit this time, slicing hard across the poor skorupi’s battered sides. Deep slash wounds open up on her exterior, and for a moment it looks like she’s going to hold on - she tries so hard, holding her breath - but she just can’t do it. Her legs give out and she falls on her stomach, quickly recalled to her pokeball. Moist yowls in victory; that was easy!​

Noctowl (xO)
meowth
Energy: 88%
- ‘Always hire the cat.’

TrueToCheese (Xo)
skorupi
Madeline (f) <Battle Armor>
Health: 0%
Energy: 51%
- Fainted.

Arena Notes:
A few tables and chairs are toppled over. One table has been torn apart.

Final Notes:
  • Protect and Endure run off the same counter so using one then the other still increases the fail rate.
  • TTC sends out and attacks, Noctowl attacks.

We've got a game of cat and mouse on our hands, Coulomb.

pichu

Look, I know that your kind and their kind have had...troubles in the past. But it's nothing we can't resolve with a hug, right? It's a step in the right direction, at least. I mean, it'll be a pretty bodily hug, get right on in there, go in charging and smack the most unhuglike hug into that Meowth. They oppressed your species after all! See if you can activate your ability when doing so, it's just inherent static in your cheeks, and up the old Body Slam's paralysis chance.

Smiling is like Beaming, right? Well, then Charge Smile right at Moist. You are both fans of Pratchett, share the love! Finish up with another tight hug-slam, really let the love sink in.

Could be that the Spangler himself loves you a bit too much, and has set up some of his feline clones, and the closest we can get to a widespread hug is...damn we don't have one. I guess we'll have to think of one, think long and think nasty about it. Along with Double Team, if Moist is untargetable, or set up a protect or whatever ('cept a good ol Substitute), Nasty Plot away. Unless you're Taunted, in which case just try hitting him with your normal commands (Slam and Beam).

On the second action, if there are clones, try and spread out your Charge Beam to hit them, channel it like the laser it is. If you're asleep at any time, Sleep Talk because the RNG is love, the RNG is life.

If he's gone downwards for a one-action spelunking adventure, then I'm sure you can just wait til he comes back and give him the goods, be it death by lazor or death by hug.

Body Slam/Nasty Plot/Sleep Talk ~ Charge Beam/Sleep Talk ~ Body Slam/Nasty Plot/Sleep Talk

We do not want to be paralysed, Moist. That would severely mess with your ability to sneak about. Dig down into the ground, sharpen your claws, and then burst out with a smile.

Dig~Hone claws~Dig

The office

Hello, hello? I wanted to record a message to give you an idea of the rule for battling in this wonderful establishment.
You may find youself and your pokemon feeling a little cramped in that room there, I know, as I, uh, have been battling in there myself before you came along. This battle is best suited to, erm, small Pokemon.

Anyway, on to the real rules. There are two doors to your left and right, and through them may come the animatronics. You know, Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, and...ah Foxy. He's my favorite. Erm, anyway.
There is a chance (30%) that they may peek their heads through the door, and will stay till the end of the next round.
Now, they are nothing to worry about! As long as you leave them alone, they should leave you alone. Remember to treat them with respect, or they will fight back and do 15% damage.

Noctowl (xO)
meowth
Energy: 88%
- ‘Always hire the cat.’

TrueToCheese (xO)
pichu
Coulomb (m) <Static>
Energy: 100%
- ‘:3’​

Moist hisses at the newly-released Coulomb. A mouse, eh? Well, if he’s got to beat something up, it might as well… He splays his claws and attacks the ground - er, wait, no, it’s a floor - and his claws don’t seem to have much, if any, of an effect. He keeps trying to dig but it seems like the more he tries, the duller his claws get, and he certainly isn’t going anywhere downward. A panicked look strikes his face as he looks upward, just in time to catch a facefull of stomach slapping right into him. Coulomb knocks him onto the floor back-first, lying splayed on his stomach over the meowth’s face; Moist is so shocked he doesn’t react for a moment, long enough for Coulomb to scrabble away hurriedly. The pichu squeaks with delight; rarely does he get to beat around a cat!

Moist picks himself up, yowling in barely restrained fury. Oh, he’d love to chop that little rat up, show him a thing or two… but he’ll have to wait… Meanwhile, his claws had been beaten up a bit, and it’d be a shame to leave ‘em that way. He hunches down and begins to sharpen them, paying little attention to the pichu across the room.

Coulomb likes it this way. He picks his little paws up before his face, building up a little ball of contained energy. The charge spreads through him, warming him up for later, but for now it’s quite a small beam that rushes towards Moist and lights upon his fur, leaving a little singe mark where it hits. Moist hisses, distracted from his claws, and glares nastily at Coulomb - can’t he see he’s busy?

His claws now duly sharpened, Moist is faced with the awkward task of not having what to dig out of. He yowls mournfully as Coulomb romps towards him, gaining speed and finally slamming his little body into the sitting meowth with as much force as he can muster. The two roll across the floor, untangling and darting apart; Moist’s fury has somehow grown from before, his expression a picture of pure venom, while Coulomb looks thoroughly overjoyed.​

Noctowl (xO)
meowth
Health: 78%
Energy: 86%
- ‘I’M SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE BEATING YOU UP!!!’ +1 atk/acc.

TrueToCheese (xO)
pichu
Coulomb (m) <Static>
Energy: 85%
- ‘n_n ~’ +1 sp atk.

Arena Notes:

Final Notes:
  • Similar to that previous Rock Tomb, it’s quite difficult to dig through … building floors. So Dig failed.
  • Noctowl next.

It appears our opponent really wants to get paralysed. No, don't give me that cheerful look, that's a bad thing, Coulomb. In fact, we want him to have minimal contact with you. So after he's hit you with a Facade, run a Double Team for max clones. After that he should be pummelling away at your new furry friends so lets show the cat some curiousity. Drop a Thunderbolt on him if you can, and if the arena doesn't allow it we'll settle for a Charge Beam. Finish up with an Encore to his mighty showing! A whole host of Pichus applauding him should do wonders for his confidence.

Double Team ~ Thunderbolt/Shockwave ~ Encore

The office

Noctowl (xO)
meowth
Health: 78%
Energy: 86%
- ‘I’M SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE BEATING YOU UP!!!’ +1 atk/acc.

TrueToCheese (xO)
pichu
Coulomb (m) <Static>
Energy: 85%
- ‘n_n ~’ +1 sp atk.​

Moist yowls, utter fury in his voice, and throws himeslf at Coulomb. He’s too fast for the pichu to react, slamming paws-first into him and knocking him sideways into a nearby office chair. Coulomb tumbles as Moist slams into him again, his whole body contorting with rage, but he’s quickly worn out, and Coulomb manages to sneak away under him. Moist hisses as Coulomb picks up speed, zig-zagging round the office’s cracked floor, going so fast as to become a hazy yellow blur. When he stops, it’s no surprise that there are multiple pichu standing where only one stood before - seven, in fact. Moist’s eyes narrow, glaring daggers at each one in turn.

He has no way of knowing which one is real. They’d all moved too fast for him to track Coulomb… his only hope is to attack wildly and hope his aim is successful. He runs towards the nearest pichu, arms oustretched - and runs straight through it, skidding to a stop before running into the wall opposite. Before he could turn around, a wild chorus of electricity circuits from the circling pichu, charging up into a single beam above Moist and rocketing down unto him. He screams as he’s cooked alive, the electricity coursing through him, until it’s suddenly stopped, single strands of static left dancing through the air.

Moist turns, intense hatred growing somehow stronger, and runs towards another pichu … and again runs straight through it, barely stopping before hitting a desk this time. He braces himself for an expected thunderbolt - but instead is struck dumb by a cacophany of applause. His ears and tail lowered, he looks around, suddenly overwhelmed by stage fright - was this all for him? Did they… really love him? His anger suddenly vanished, he felt instead a rush of ego, and purred eagerly - okay! Okay, if they wanted more facades, he’d give them more facades!​

Noctowl (xO)
meowth
Health: 66%
Energy: 77%
- ‘I love me too!’ +1 atk/acc, Facade encored (three more actions).

TrueToCheese (xO)
pichu
Coulomb (m) <Static>
Health: 91%
Energy: 71%
- ‘Yes, more, more!’ +1 sp atk, has 4 clones.

Arena Notes:

Final Notes:
  • TTC next.

You know, it's actually really, really dark in here. Like...very dark. We may need to light it up. Yeah, that's right! Throw down a pair of Thunderbolts to make sure Moist is nice and brightened for his show. Finish with a Thunder Wave if he isn't paralysed by the end of his last action, otherwise give him one more good Thunderbolt.

While you're doing so, if it doesn't affect your attacks in some way, make sure to tell Moist it's hard to see him in the dark, and you can't appreciate his show otherwise. He has to know that you were just trying to fix the lights so you can appreciate his masterpiece, and...Well, some stray bolts may have been fired off, you are a young, learning Pichu, after all.

Now, if you see Moist approaching you to give you a front seat to the performance- I'm sure you can tell if the cat is running at your face and not one of your clone buddies'- then wait til he gets in real close so he can't dodge a Zap Cannon! (Only do this if there is no way for him to dodge it) If he's paralysed off a Zap Cannon, well, the Facade's are gonna start hurting, so we might as well Counter what we can. Of course, if he doesn't actually hit you on that action, because he's paralysed (or even if you somehow still have clones, or anything, really), then just continue your Thunderbolting.

On the final action, if you Countered on the second action, then Charge up in preparation for your own lightshow. If you used Zap Cannon (which would have hit because Moist was close) on the second action, Thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt/Zap Cannon ~ Thunderbolt/Zap Cannon/Counter ~ Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Charge

The office

Noctowl (xO)
meowth
Health: 66%
Energy: 77%
- ‘I love me too!’ +1 atk/acc, Facade encored (three more actions).

TrueToCheese (xO)
pichu
Coulomb (m) <Static>
Health: 91%
Energy: 71%
- ‘Yes, more, more!’ +1 sp atk, has 4 clones.​

A knock draws both pokemon’s attention to the door, as it creaks open to reveal … the strangest of guests. A giant stuffed bear, rabbit, fox and duck stick their heads in, peaking at the descruction being wrought, and seem to approve mightily. They don’t step further in, and don’t interfere with the ongoing battle, so Coulomb and Moist turn back to face each other.

Still blushing, Moist tosses himself bodily towards Coulomb, or at least one of his clones. The meowth doesn’t seem surprised when he flops through the pichu, landing gracefully on the floor this time, and turns with a bow to Coulomb’s applause; it’s nice to be appreciated. Unfortunately, the niceties are short-lived, as the pichu press their hands together, building up another electric current and sending it in a stream towards Moist. It explodes on impact, running through his little body and shaking him violently, leaving his fur standing on end and looking quite singed. He mrowls pitifully; he’d hoped for a bit of a better reward, for putting up such a good show…

Again, Moist bounces onto one of the pichu, landing paws-first as he glides through the disappearing clone. He has only a moment to wait this time before another downpour of electricity shoots through him, streaming like a wave from his head down and releasing through his tail. Bits of fur are falling off now, revealing blackened skin underneath, and his excitement at Facading is clearly waning. There’s a bit of a twitch to his step now, a bit of pain, no matter how he struggles to hide it.

But he’s got a bit more in him, enough to close the show. He eyes the two remaining pichu, unsure which to aim for … and with a deep breath, he lopes towards the leftmost one. He lowers his head and prepares to run through it - when he slams unexpectadly into a definitely solid Coulomb. Both pokemon yelp in shock and pain, but Moist responds faster, lashing out quickly with all his pent-up rage. Coulomb has only seconds to gather up a tiny discharge of electricity, pushing it towards Moist to get him off, and it’s just enough. The cat seizes for a moment, frozen, and struggles to control his body. The paralysis eases up enough to let him back away, blinking at the shock, and he turns a pained looked at Coulomb. He’s definitely not putting on another show for him.​

Noctowl (xO)
meowth
Health: 36%
Energy: 68%
- ‘… mrow…’ Paralyzed (severe); +1 atk/acc.

TrueToCheese (xO)
pichu
Coulomb (m) <Static>
Health: 82%
Energy: 60%
- ‘Go away 9_9’ +1 sp atk.

Arena Notes:

Final Notes:
  • Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, and Foxy are at the door… They’ll leave at the end of next round.
  • The second thunderbolt was a crit.
  • Moist hit clones on the first two actions, but hit Coulomb on the third.
  • Noctowl next.

Might as well try and go for some hax on our way out. Mud slap three times, unless you are unable to for some reason, then just use facade. If the Pichu protects or you cannot hit him, just chill for a bit.

Mud slap/Facade/Chill~Mud slap/Facade/Chill~Mud slap/Facade/Chill

If I'm correct, Mud-Slap won't work here so he'll just Facade as much as he can. Let's send old Albert Spangler out with some Thunderbolts then. Of course, if Mud-Slap would work, swap out your last two bolts for some shocking waves.

Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt/Shock Wave ~ Thunderbolt/Shock Wave

The office

Noctowl (xO)
meowth
Health: 38%
Energy: 68%
- ‘… mrow…’ Paralyzed (severe); +1 atk/acc.

TrueToCheese (xO)
pichu
Coulomb (m) <Static>
Health: 82%
- ‘Go away 9_9’ +1 sp atk.​

Finally, he can move first, and he wastes no time, charging up a huge ball of electricity and tossing it like a ball towards the prone Moist. It surges through him, tossing him forcefully into a desk behind him and leaving him limp on the floor, twitching occasionally; without a doubt, that was a much bigger hit than even Coulomb had intended. The pichu hesitates, then tiptoes over and pokes the immobile cat worriedly… and Moist lets out an angry, painful yowl. Coulumb rushes away, relieved but also probably terrified. He’s not dead, then, just incapacitated momentarily?

Another bolt of lightning runs from Coulomb’s cheeks towards the downed cat, and this one seems enough to bring him back to his senses, if only barely. He gets shakily to his feet, spots Coulomb out of his blurry eyes, and staggers towards him, claws outstretched. Somehow his dizziness seems to empower him, making him heavier, like thick bricks weighing down his paws as he smacks them heavily into Coulomb. The pichu cries out with each hit, but it only lasts a few moments before Moist backs away, shaking from the lingering pain. Coulomb seems the same, covering his bruised face in sudden fear.

But he knows it’s almost over now. He closes his eyes in concentration and more lightning bursts forth, zipping towards Moist and knocking him off his feet. Coulomb’s hesitation is strong; is this another fake out, or is he really…? But a call from the ref decides it, and Moist is finally withdrawn into his ball. Coulomb heaves a sigh of relief before he too is returned, triumphant at last.​

Noctowl (xX)
meowth
Health: 0%
Fainted.

TrueToCheese (xO)
pichu
Coulomb (m) <Static>
Health: 64%
Energy: 48%
- ‘Finally…’ +1 sp atk.

Arena Notes:

Final Notes:
  • First thunder bolt was a crit… again.
  • Moist was fully paralyzed on the first action.
  • I gave Moist back 2 hp that I docked before from miscalculating the crit in the previous round.
  • Sooo, battle’s over, TTC wins! TTC Gets $16, Noctowl gets $8, and I get $10.
  • Madeline and Moist get 2 exp/happiness, Coulomb gets 2 exp and 3 happiness, and Bonnie gets 1 exp/happiness.

Good game, Noctowl! It's a shame we didn't get to abuse the office more, though I might blame that on Venoshock >.> eheheheheh

*pats Coulomb* Oh damn buddy I think you're about to evolve! Now I'm not sure if I want a Pikachu or the bundle of huggles that is a Pichu...

Back
Top Bottom