• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rewatching Pokémon Anime as a 21-Year-Old Adult

Re: Rewatching Pokémon Anime as a 21-Year-Old Adult

THIS IS A KIDS SHOW. Then again if the WWE divas (Bless their... hearts) are PG, I guess Jessie is too.

WlwIpBE.png

DQ2Qmtw.png

uHxsl9j.png

All the same episode btw.

We also achieved our 10th terrorist attack by team rocket, as they tried to make the sprout tower collapse.

And to end this post, here's a fat, oddly square pikachu.

mZY7Prl.png

This is mildly related I guess!

I know it's because the Pokemon really actually didn't exist yet, but why wouldn't there EVER have been, say, a trainer from Hoenn traveling in Kanto before Ash went to Kanto? I mean, is he the ONLY traveler?! Realistically, we should have seen some other region's Pokemon before Ash traveled to that region!

(I know there are a few exceptions and that yeah, they hadn't been invented yet, but how cool would it have been.)

theoretically yes and in practice they just hadnt invented any others lmao

that woulda been rad tho!!!!!

This is mildly related I guess!

I know it's because the Pokemon really actually didn't exist yet, but why wouldn't there EVER have been, say, a trainer from Hoenn traveling in Kanto before Ash went to Kanto? I mean, is he the ONLY traveler?! Realistically, we should have seen some other region's Pokemon before Ash traveled to that region!

(I know there are a few exceptions and that yeah, they hadn't been invented yet, but how cool would it have been.)

There are other travellers but they're playing No Man's Sky so they can't see each other

omg this thread is amazing u have to watch everything

+ keeping up with the show is good the xy anime is actually rly good altho less crazy mostly

also on the uhh boobs etc thing I think theres at least a couple of not super obvious panty shots in the current anime which idm shes hawt af :x fanservice'd

and I'll post an image or two from the current anime I liked, dedenne is so full of character sometimes

fahpR8M.png

Also

lHqxLWP.png

Honestly that whole episode was pretty funny, the way dedenne mimicked bonnie. Kinda like Mime Jr. with Brock in Lucario and the mystery of Mew

Also throwing in

AkWANSt.gif

those are some amazing expressions but wtf is going on with the last gif hahaha

EDIT: Merged my posts.

No idea i think they're laughing; not sure what epi it's from

-

Also yeah there's some really outstanding episodes in the XY anime, I've been spamming them to my friends a bit lol; I've also been keeping a track of what's going on with ash / serena b/c I ship them hard af. And I've watched like nearly 50 episodes in the last 3 days (nothing to do and 2 weeks until university starts up again...)

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/pokemon-xy-z-episode-28-english-dubbed <- my favourite episode. Started my ash x serena ship obsession.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/pokemon-the-series-xy-episode-14-seeking-shelter-from-the-storm <- my 2nd-favourite episode ever. Made me jump, made me cry.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/pokemon-season-17-xy-episode-36-the-cave-of-mirrors <- this episode freaked the sh*t out of me, reminds me a bit of my rly young childhood nightmares :x

And I started looking back at the ash / serena dynamics like damn. Both of them are rly hot and they'd be a suuuuper cute couple...

-

I think theres at least a couple of not super obvious panty shots in the current anime which idm shes hawt af :x fanservice'd

nvm lol there arent any i feel unfanserviced :(

in fact theyre smart enough to avoid it now
like in this epi http://www.watchcartoononline.com/pokemon-season-18-xy-episode-52-a-stealthy-challenge
serena is falling upside down but she puts her hands over that area so we don't get to see :'[

im fine so long as they kiss / say I love you tho i just want to see that @_@

Last edited:

Dude. These are children you're talking about.

jessie and james arent!!!! in the original theyre 25

but the others are yea

I can still ship them

and they can kiss I mean ash and serena must be like 14 or something now lol

and im just messing around :L just serena is cute is all :>

honestly w/ how good the xy anime is I don't rly care what they do with it I'm sure i love it but they're totally leading up to ash and serena being engaged in some way

and im not as bad as some fans have u seen the pokephile thread lol or just searched up any pokemon ever and looked at their google images results :x

I can still ship them

I think the issue at hand here is less you shipping ten-year-olds and more that you're talking about how hot panty-shots (or almost panty shots?) of a ten year old are?

and they can kiss I mean ash and serena must be like 14 or something now lol

as of unova, Ash is STILL ten, believe it or not.

and im not as bad as some fans have u seen the pokephile thread lol or just searched up any pokemon ever and looked at their google images results :x

the "i'm not as bad as some people" argument is honestly a terrible self-defense? yeah, there may be someone out there being creepier than you, but that doesn't make what you're doing not-creepy, you know? (also there's a hypothetical endless loop of "but other people are worse")

(on topic: oh lord, Pokémon anime, I have such vaguely-fond memories. What a ridiculous show.)

If you want to discuss Ash/Serena or other pokémon ships, take it to another thread, please.

jessie and james arent!!!! in the original theyre 25

but the others are yea

That's kinda sad that a pair of 25-year-olds' plans are constantly thwarted by a 10 year old kid who's not really even trying. :[ I have more sympathy now for Team Rocket...

even still they rly dont look or act 10 to me. Like honestly bonnie seems as mature as any 10 year old I know and ash's voice finally sounds like a teenager's not a 10 year old's. And they're the same height and probably age as Clemont who's entrusted with running a gym. With XY it feels like the series and the characters within are starting to grow up just a little bit. Ok so wanting a panty shot even if I think she's 14 is still wrong I guess but she's a fictional character lol.

Anyway besides that what I was saying wasn't far off-topic; they were discussing earlier in the series and I was saying later in the series is really good too, pretty much, + funny screenshots.

Also with James dressing up as a woman he does it again in one of the xy episodes, as nurse joy (but so are jessie and meowth... meowth seems to get dressed up a lot too lately) and he's the only one wearing tights [I didn't notice whether he had boobs or not though] but I guess it makes sense b/c hairy legs [but surely jessie should be wearing tights too just b/c it's the outfit?]...

anyway once you accept a bunch of things in the anime won't follow sense and just treat it at face value in its own world it's so much fun and I've watched like 60+ episodes in the past 3 days...

also onto some older stuff, I watched the movie with manaphy in for the first time and manaphy was such a qt3.14 :333333 also I loved the end credits song

does anyone else have good pokemon songs from the earlier anime [other than the main theme tune ofc]?

does anyone else have good pokemon songs from the earlier anime [other than the main theme tune ofc]?

Definitely the Pokerap, man. Ive watched my fair share of the original series, and i STILL haven't learned it. It's awesome. Other than that, probably the orange island arc theme and during the Rise of darkrai, when they played the oracion.

Back
Top Bottom