• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot. Now. to formulate my thoughts...

I think it was kinda stupid that they changed types around, like.... Ho-oh, should be Flying/ Fire or something but IIRC it's Fire/Psychic. that doesn't make sense to me, there's alot like that.

White. But I really don't mind what the legendaries are. I don't know why everyone would base their decision on that? I got Pearl because of Palkia, but that's because Dialga just looked... awkward to me. :/

Anyways, if it is Ice type I will MOST definately get White.

I hope Zoark (however you spell it) doesn't turn into a Lucario like thing, where it's built up to be all super powerful, then it's kinda just....meh... -fuff-

there you all are.

k.

I didn't know Water and Steel Dragons were associated with Diamonds and Pearls, nor did I know Gold and Silver was related to Fire and Water.

I mean, there's always the possibility of the legendary to be Dark, but I don't think we should go making it set in stone. The names usually refer to the actual color of the Pokemon, not the type.

Edit: And Ho-Oh is Fire/Flying, lol. Lugia is the one who's Flying/Physic.

Edit: And Ho-Oh is Fire/Flying, lol. Lugia is the one who's Flying/Physic.

Yeah, Lugia should be Flying/Water or someshing.

Yeah... Gold/HG aren't my strong suits.

I feel pokemon games these days have WAYYYY too much to discover. I mean it's great, but my SoulSilver says 48:13 and I cannot fathom playing 48 hours especially when I just got it like 3 weeks ago (i have played it maybe 20 times?)

I dunno. I mean I LOVE IT and like... I dunno. I just feel like I have no idear wear to go. Since when did I start in Vermillion? then go to Saffron? O______o

I was like 5 when I played Silver last though, so. yeah.

(stupid thieves)

I doub that the new legendary will be Ice, just as much I doubt it will be Dark for Black. I don't know why everyone assumes it is.
I think it's more likely to be normal simply because I think it would be a better candidate for 'purity' than ice. And anyway I think they'll go with a ying-yang theme, in which case dark/normal or ghost/normal would be cool (ghost/normal especially, because they can't hit each other without special moves and all that stuff).

Any guesses as to what it could be? Maybe it'll be another electrical rodent sort of thing.

dude I hope it's a hamster. Or a flying squirrel.

dude I hope it's a hamster. Or a flying squirrel.

:V That would be cool.

Some people are thinking it could reveal the starters... since we don't know how many are actually being revealed. I just hope that if that's the case, the starters better be awesome!

I hadn't even thought of starters. :o I wonder what they'll be.

I feel pokemon games these days have WAYYYY too much to discover. I mean it's great, but my SoulSilver says 48:13 and I cannot fathom playing 48 hours especially when I just got it like 3 weeks ago (i have played it maybe 20 times?)

I dunno. I mean I LOVE IT and like... I dunno. I just feel like I have no idear wear to go. Since when did I start in Vermillion? then go to Saffron? O______o

Uh, isn't a game having a lot to discover normally a good thing? I mean, it adds replay value, and it makes the games not so straight foward.

And you appear to be confused mainly by Kanto. Kanto...is just there, really. It's up to you on how you wish to explore and in which order to complete the side quests. Heck, I went in, did every single side quest first, then fought every Kanto Gym Leader in proper order as opposed to the order you encounter them in. It's up to the player, and that kind of openess is great IMO...just as long as the entire game isn't like that.

Anyways, I think at most we'll get a silhouette of any new Pokemon in the next Pokemon Sunday.

Well, probably what will happen is that Corocoro will get leaked this week, reveal new Pokemon/information on Black and White, and then Pokemon Sunday will reveal it on their show.

But damn its about time we finally get some new Pokemon. There's at most 6 months until Black and White is released, and at least 4 months, and we only have 2 Pokemon revealed. At this point in D/P's development, we had about 7 Pokemon already revealed.

Either way, I'm hoping one of them is a platypus Pokemon. and a farfetch'd evolution

I think we need a stegosaurus Pokemon :D I'm not a dinosaur expert, but we've got pterodayctl, diplodocus, t-rex and triceratops (and could Grovyle pass as a parasaurolophus?), and I want a proper Land Before Time team :D

Grovyle is more dromaeosaurus or archaeopteryx-like.

Not to mention that Torterra is an ankylosaurus/turtle hybrid. And Cranidos/Rampardos are based off the pachycephalosaurus family.

Stegosaurus one would be nice.

dammit, I don't want another clonechu but I guess it's unavoidable at this point. A hamster could be cute depending on how it's done though.

I'd really like to see a frogfish Pokemon. :o And a cobra lily. And a komodo dragon. A caecilian too! And some sort of jaguar/leopard/cheetah would be cool. And and...

For fossils, maybe a velociraptor or deinonychus, or some sort of pelycosaur (dimetrodon Pokemon :D?)

I think it's more likely to be normal simply because I think it would be a better candidate for 'purity' than ice. And anyway I think they'll go with a ying-yang theme, in which case dark/normal or ghost/normal would be cool (ghost/normal especially, because they can't hit each other without special moves and all that stuff).
See, you're thinking about it too hard. It's Pokemon; they usually don't use themes and logical shit like that. :/ Personally I want Electric and Grass for both. Or maybe even Ground or Steel. I just hope they aren't Fire, Water, Dragon, or Ghost.

And it'd be cool if the starters were Dark/Fighting/Psychic, but I doubt that'll happen. D:

I think we need a stegosaurus Pokemon :D I'm not a dinosaur expert, but we've got pterodayctl, diplodocus, t-rex and triceratops (and could Grovyle pass as a parasaurolophus?), and I want a proper Land Before Time team :D
Haaa that's awesome. Land Before Time rocks <3

It is rather interesting that the names are so simple. Some of the recent names I think are kind of flashy, but now we go to something as simple as Black and White; it makes me think that maybe the games are going to be almost... more mature, or less gimicky-sounding features, or something like that. I'm not saying that the recent games are like that, but when I hear "Black and White" after stuff like "HeartGold and SoulSilver", I get an impression of something like that. Haha, I don't know if that made any sense.

I'm interested to hear more about these games.

It is! Dark/Psychic/Fighting, not Dark/Fighting/Psychic.

Fire is super effective on Grass which is super effective on Water which is super effective on Fire. Fire is not very effective on Water which is not very effective on Grass which is not very effective on Fire.

Dark is super effective on Psychic which is super effective on Fighting which is super effective on Dark. Dark is not very effective on Fighting which is not very effective on Psychic which has no effect on Dark.

No.

So? Why do we need to hold ourselves so closely to old traditions? As I said, I'd doubt it'd happen, but I don't see why one minor difference would affect something like that.

So? Why do we need to hold ourselves so closely to old traditions? As I said, I'd doubt it'd happen, but I don't see why one minor difference would affect something like that.

Would you make Fighting/Rock/Fire a starter triangle? What do you mean, Fire isn't super effective on Fighting? But it's such a minor difference, it's not going to affect anything!

lololol, that's completely different. Fighting/Rock/Fire isn't a triangle.

If Psychic was super effective against Dark, or even neutral against it, the triangle wouldn't be complete, right? But since Dark resists Psychic, it is. Instead of it being "not very effective" though, it's completely ineffective. But does that really matter? Dark still resists Psychic, so it's still a triangle. Again, such a minor difference is not something to get all butthurt over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom