• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Psychic was super effective against Dark, or even neutral against it, the triangle wouldn't be complete, right? But since Dark resists Psychic, it is. Instead of it being "not very effective" though, it's completely ineffective. But does that really matter? Dark still resists Psychic, so it's still a triangle. Again, such a minor difference is not something to get all butthurt over.

My point is that resistances matter just as much as anything else. It's not a triangle.

If they could pull it off, I'd like to see a Flying/Fighting/Rock triangle.

What if they did something cooler and different with the starters like, say, randomizing your choices at the beginning of the game?

Bug/Fighting/Psychic is a triangle. Fire/Steel/Rock is a triangle. Grass/Ground/Poison is a triangle. Flying/Fighting/Rock is a triangle.

There are many options, but not Dark/Fighting/Psychic because it is not a triangle. If they wanted to do something different there are plenty more perfect triangles to work with before they go with a broken one.

Edit: Whoops, Psychic isn't NVE against Bug like I thought.

k.

I didn't know Water and Steel Dragons were associated with Diamonds and Pearls, nor did I know Gold and Silver was related to Fire and Water.

Dialga has diamonds on its body, and diamonds are very shiny and metallic. Pakia has pearls on its body, and pearls come from oysters, which live under the sea.

The legendaries' types will have nothing to do with the titles, but their appearances will.

Black's legendary will be black, and White's will be white. Duh.

My point is that resistances matter just as much as anything else. It's not a triangle.
And my point is that Dark/Psychic is a weakness.

If they could pull it off, I'd like to see a Flying/Fighting/Rock triangle.
My least favorite types in the game. D:

There are many options, but not Dark/Fighting/Psychic because it is not a triangle. If they wanted to do something different there are plenty more perfect triangles to work with before they go with a broken one.

Edit: Whoops, Psychic isn't NVE against Bug like I thought.
Well,I completely disagree, but oh well, I'm not gonna aruge my point any longer.

The legendaries' types will have nothing to do with the titles, but their appearances will.

I mean, there's always the possibility of the legendary to be Dark, but I don't think we should go making it set in stone. The names usually refer to the actual color of the Pokemon, not the type.
k.

Fire is super effective on Grass which is super effective on Water which is super effective on Fire. Fire is not very effective on Water which is not very effective on Grass which is not very effective on Fire.

Dark is super effective on Psychic which is super effective on Fighting which is super effective on Dark. Dark is not very effective on Fighting which is not very effective on Psychic which has no effect on Dark.

No.
so? there's no reason why these three types still couldn't be used as the starters. the only purpose of the starters forming a triangle is so your rival can easily pwn your starter, therefore forcing you to train more than just one pokemon. it's not as if psychic having no effect on dark would ruin this whole system by giving those who chose the psychic starter a huge disadvantage - you'd just have to swap out for a fighting or bug type either way.

edit: also with the addition of secondary types for each starter in gen IV, the three fully evolved starters don't really form any sort of a type triangle by the end of the game

Last edited:
edit: also with the addition of secondary types for each starter in gen IV, the three fully evolved starters don't really form any sort of a type triangle by the end of the game

Fire/Water/Grass still do; it's just coincidence that the secondary types happened to cancel the main triangle out some.

Yeah, alot to discover is a good thing, but it feels as though you're rushed through it all. Also, trainer battle every 35 seconds not counting the time during a battle.... .____. too. much.

I LOVE POKEMON :DDDD
it's so like... GRAGGLE you know?

or some other made up word to express euphoria.
I think I'll get white just because my DS is black with a white GameBoy slot filler thing and a white stylus, :v so a white cart would be cool, hopefully they don't go with generic gray this time, SoulSilver is Black, I dunno about Heart Gold is it gold?

EDIT:
well, not gold, per se... but a different color than BLAH

I think I'll get white just because my DS is black with a white GameBoy slot filler thing and a white stylus, :v so a white cart would be cool, hopefully they don't go with generic gray this time, SoulSilver is Black, I dunno about Heart Gold is it gold?

EDIT:
well, not gold, per se... but a different color than BLAH

Nope. D:

Dialga has diamonds on its body, and diamonds are very shiny and metallic. Pakia has pearls on its body, and pearls come from oysters, which live under the sea.
Not to mention steel is an alloy of iron and carbon, and diamonds are made of carbon. /nerd

The only true dual-type triangle that I can think of is Fire-Flying/Water-Fighting/Grass-Rock. If Water has Rock, Grass has an unfair advantage, if Fire has it, Water does. And the only other triangles already have one of the types, so yeah.

Hehe, mine's the exact opposite of this! :D I didn't like the white of my DS Lite, so I swapped bits with my friend who had a black one.

Also, I want the Vs. Seeker back. And Secrets Bases. Just sayin'.

Ooh, that would be neat if they added those again. Secret Bases were definitely a cool part of RSE. I wish they could have had a little more function, though; it would be nice if you could fly to them or heal your Pokémon there or something. Or at least not have the item restrictions >(

fuck yesssssssss. I loved secret bases D: (only in RSE though, they were not cool in DPP)

DPP's base thing was cool in that it existed... but that's about it. The bloody rocks were too much of a hassle to bother trying to remove, and the item limit was a pain, again.

I agree that they should have some actual use, too. At least in RSE you could battle friends there after mystery gift or linking with them or... well I forget how to activate it, but it was cool. That should come back. And probably some other features too so that they're not otherwise pointless. You can get a fake healing machine in DPP if I'm not mistaken, but you can't use it. Why not? New feature, please.

I really want the RSE style secret bases back. I had a SLIDE. And a SKITTY TV. And a WHOLE ISLAND ALL TO MYSELF. Can't get those in DPPt, can you? CAN YOU?!

Secret bases need to come back. >:( I demand it. I never liked them my first few playthroughs of Sapphire and Emerald, but then I finally realized "hey these are actually pretty cool". I remember searching through all of Hoenn for a good base...good times...good times...

On another note, we need to eliminate the sucky D/P/Pt contests and bring back the R/S/E ones that were actually fun. D/P/Pt just lost its charm, and appeal rounds were no longer fun.

Or they could replace Contests with something much better *cough*pokeathlon*cough*. I'm just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom