• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Quotes

Hiker from Gen 1: "Hit me with your best shot!"
when you win: "Fired away!"

also "Pokemon battle! Ready, go!" Gundam reference ftw

the channelers in Pokemon Tower in Gen 1 all say weird and entertaining things, too

and Heatran's inspiring quote in B2/W2: "Gwogobobobobo gwobobobo!"

Ash: Maybe you think I'm a little too brash, but the master is here, and my name is Ash!
Forever <3 Even if i'm not really into ash anymore, I guess xD;

That quote has meaning to me...^__^

"...Breathing. Having a heart that beats. That is simple existence and nothing more for a living being. That may be the definition of living, but I don't think that defines life."
~Zinzolin of the Seven Sages

That's kind of a really inspiring quote to me.

everything in pokemon ranger: shadows of alima is pretty funny. especially the bad guys before we find out their names : "shady guy" "very shady guy" "extremely shady guy" it was so funny that i was sad when i found out the teams real name.

"We can't let 'what if' scenarios destroy our abilities to make decisions. We have to do what we think is right and just go with it." --Misfile

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." --Abraham Lincoln

"We can't argue with all the fools in the world; it's better to let them have their way, and trick them when they're not looking." --Brom

"Ever the sun traces it's path from horizon to horizon, and ever the moon follows, and ever the days roll past without care for the lives they grind away, one by one. Try though as they might, no being escapes death forever, not even the rich or powerful. To all, there is an end."--Brom

"One evening an old Cherokee told his son about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, 'My son, the battle between two wolves goes on inside us all. One is Evil- it is anger, jealousy, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
'The other wolf is Good- It is joy, hope, peace, love, serenity, humility, benevolence, kindness, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.'
The grandson thought about it for a while, and then asked his grandfather: 'Which one wins?'
After a moment, the old Cherokee quietly replied, 'Whichever one we feed'." --Author Unknown

Some Pokemon quotes.

One more Pokemon quote.

For funny:
"Oh no! I dropped the LIFT KEY!"
"Ha ha! This GYM is great! It's full of women!"
For inspirational value:
"Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."
And if we're counting other games too:
"Everyone is waiting for you, Lucas. Waiting to throw rocks at you, spit on you, and make your life Hell. Who's 'everyone'? ...everyone you love."

Nothing can beat Brock's "I'll use my trusty frying pan as a drying pan!"
I also distinctly remember that there's a Juggler that says "Whoops! Dropped my balls!" when you defeat him.
And of course there's the guy nearby that you battle that says "I've never lost a single battle!" And then when you VS Seeker him, he says "I've never lost a single battle! ...And if I have, I've forgot!"

EDIT: And as for Non-Pokemon quotes, I'll just quote a late-night Tumblr post:
WHAT IF YOUR DORBELL RANG AND YOU WENT AND WHEN YOU OPENED THE DOOR IT WAS JUST ANDREW HUSSIE STANDING THERE WITH NO PANTS ON AND IN THE DISTANCE YOU JUST SEE LIKE A BIG TRAIL OF SMOKE AND PEOPLE SCREAMING AND HOUSES WERE BEING BURNT DOWN

"You and your Pokemon... What are you striving for?" -N

"I AM PERFECTION!" -Ghetsis

"Heads up... I'm about to unleash my rage..." -Hugh (In the trailer; he says it a bit differently in the games: "Just to let you know, you're gonna feel my rage!")

"You're light years away from facing Brock!" -Gym Trainer in Brock's gym

“Develop amnesia conveniently and forget everything you heard!” -Team Rocket grunt on the Sevii Islands

“We need Pokéballs! P-O-K-accent E-balls!” -Barry

"This dress is comfy and easy to wear..." -Lady in Humilau Town

"If this works I'll eat my hat." (plan in question works) "Glad I don't wear a hat." -Max

"The chosen one? I feel more like the frozen one." -Ash

Anything Heath says.

"Firered and Leafgreen, eh?" -Mewtwo (I think) (In the manga so as to hint at the release for FRLG)

"That does it, I'm changing my name." -Butch

"Huh? What are you doing falling into a hole? Some genius you are." -Silver

"Rubber ducky, you're so fine~" -Brock, the Electric Tales of Pikachu

"All I'd ever known is a future's world of darkness. Coming upon this world and seeing the sun for the first time... It was staggering. Seeing it strengthened my resolve to turn history away from the future of darkness." -Grovyle, PMD2

"Be brave... be the bravest ever!" -Player to Partner, PMD2

"Though the parting hurts, the rest is in your hands!" -Grovyle, PMD2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom