• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P competetive battling team

zpwert277

here is the team that i am working towards in my Diamond version:

Ninjask (leftovers)
Speed Boost
Jolly
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Swords dance

Tyranitar (life orb)
Sand Stream
Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Togekiss (leftovers)
Serene Grace
Modest
- Thunderwave
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Air Slash

Skarmory (leftovers)
Keen Eye
Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Charizard (Salac Berry)
Blaze
Adamant
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Fang
- Substitute

Gallade (Wide lens)
Adamant
Steadfast
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

for you doubters out there i do have all of these pokemon in there base stages and am currently breeding them for IVs. i am just looking for critique. i know i have three physical sweepers in my team and if anyone has a suggestion for me on how to fix that i would appreciate it. :grin:

My two cents: that Ninjask will not live long enough to use those lefties if it gets hit, the thing dies really fast. I recommend a Focus Sash (I think that's what it's called? damn me not playing Pearl lately)

zpwert277 said:
Ninjask (leftovers)
Speed Boost
Jolly
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Swords danceUgh. I don't see the point of swords dance, but that's just me.

Tyranitar (life orb)What the heck is a life orb?
Sand Stream
Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Togekiss (leftovers)Ah, the best one I've seen so far.
Serene Grace
Modest
- Thunderwave
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Air Slash

Skarmory (leftovers)Teach it some damaging moves!
Keen Eye
Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Charizard (Salac Berry)The almighty sweeper.=3
Blaze
Adamant
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Fang
- Substitute

Gallade (Wide lens)nice.
Adamant
Steadfast
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

Teach Skarmory some damaging moves, tell me what a life orb is, and replace swords dance.

Um. Brave Bird does Damage, there buddy. Swords Dance is VERY useful, and a Life Orb boosts attack power in exchange for HP.

There is not much I can do without EVs, which this team should have if its competitive, but I'll do the best I can.

here is the team that i am working towards in my Diamond version:

Ninjask (leftovers)
Speed Boost
Adamant
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Swords dance

Tyranitar (life orb)
Sand Stream
Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Togekiss (leftovers)
Serene Grace
Calm
- Thunderwave
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Air Slash

Skarmory (leftovers)
Keen Eye
Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Charizard (Salac Berry)
Blaze
Adamant
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Gallade (Life Orb / Expert Belt)
Adamant
Steadfast
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

for you doubters out there i do have all of these pokemon in there base stages and am currently breeding them for IVs. i am just looking for critique. i know i have three physical sweepers in my team and if anyone has a suggestion for me on how to fix that i would appreciate it. :grin:

Also, I think you need something that can take special attacks (togekiss doesn't count because it's weak to the 2 most common special moves out there)

thanks for the tips guys. don't worry i will be EV training them i just forgot to put the EV's up there. idk if i want to have a blissey on my team or not. what are some other special walls?

Snorlax, Regice, Cresselia? Leichi or Starf or something > Leftovers on Ninjask IMO. Also, I'd personally prefer something like Drill Peck > Brave Bird (heck, even Sky Attack could work to be honest with rocks up) considering the whole point of a tank is not to take much damage. Self-damaging attacks barring Explosion defeat the point of the tank!

The Life Orb multiplies your attack power by 1.3, but you loose HP when you attack.

Um, Shadowstar... I think you should at least have enough knowledge to know what a Life Orb is before you go on to full-on team-rating, you know. :/

I find that Taunt works better on DDtar than Stone Edge does. Anyway, I think you should replace either T-Tar (his sandstorm will only harm four members of your team) or Togekiss with a Starmie, as this will give you more special-based offence and give you a Rapid Spinner (which is absolutely crucial to Charizard's success as Stealth Rock can do a brutal 50% to it)

I find that Taunt works better on DDtar than Stone Edge does. Anyway, I think you should replace either T-Tar (his sandstorm will only harm four members of your team) or Togekiss with a Starmie, as this will give you more special-based offence and give you a Rapid Spinner (which is absolutely crucial to Charizard's success as Stealth Rock can do a brutal 50% to it)

Stone Edge >>>>> Taunt.

Seriously, its his STAB move, and a damn good one at that.

But I'm all for getting rid of t-tar.

Stone Edge >>>>> Taunt.

Seriously, its his STAB move, and a damn good one at that.
Yeah, but it doesn't give all that much extra coverage. and the 80% accuracy is very costly sometimes. Taunt stops you from getting phazed or status'd, making many walls that would previously laugh at you run in fear. I'd go as far as saying Ice Beam is a better option, as it lets you beat Hippowdon, Donphan and Gliscor who are three of the only pokémon that can stop you when you set up

I need EVs, but...

Ninjask (leftovers)
Speed Boost
Jolly
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Swords dance

Tyranitar (life orb)
Sand Stream
Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Togekiss (leftovers)
Serene Grace
Modest
- Thunderwave
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Air Slash

Skarmory (leftovers)
Keen Eye
Impish
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Drill Peck

Charizard (Salac Berry)Stealth Rock eats this thing alive.
Blaze
Adamant
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Fang
- Earthquake Sub+BDrum=BAD idea

Gallade (Life Orb)
Jolly
Steadfast
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash

Crazy Weavile: Sub+Drum is kinda the point. If you've got an even HP IV, they will get your HP low enough to activate the Salac Berry, letting you sweep. That said, Stealth Rock will destroy him. Get rid of it for Garchomp.
Also, if you're using Leftovers on Ninjask (not recommended, really) Protect>Substitute, since you won't get the Berry boost when you're low on HP.

I'd say replace the berry before Substitute, Substitute actually allows Ninjask a few turns to boost speed. Protect really only guarantees one.

Back
Top Bottom