• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Good Ol' Fashioned PokéMafia

Re: Good Ol' Fashioned PokéMafia

With what could have been a nokill if he didn't make a stupid joke, Abra-ham Lincoln is lynched. He had a lot of elixirs on his person and seemed to have been using teleport a lot recently. His dying words were, "Goddamnit."
Finchwidget is dead.
He was INNOCENT.

The town meets. Hippocrates the Audino is not present. Without their doctor, the innocents' job had just become that much harder.

Negrek is DEAD. They were INNOCENT.
48 HOURS FOR DISCUSSION.

Venus Fire-Trap will not stand for this senseless murder! Reveal yourselves, evil doers!

Anyways, there's four of us left now so there are probably two innocents and two mafia.

I'm going to vote for MF.

Defend yourself in the face of these accusations if you're innocent, Metallica Fanboy!

uh, all right.

to boot: sorry finchwidget. :(

secondly, why would you vote to lynch MF, of all people? he's arguably been the most helpful and vocal of us— we have no reason to assume he's mafia, and his helpfulness ought to make him the very last person we'd want to lynch. i'm a bit more wary of you, really. for a supposed psychic you've offered precious little valuable insight, and are pointing fingers at obviously useful and contributing members. almost like something the mafia would do! fufufu!

so, uh, i'm against lynching MF, and place my vote on cynder instead.

With a 2:1 vote and a case of crippling inactivity, Sha-Purr III is killed. You find lots of money and torture devices in their house. It seems as if your most helpful villager was working against you the whole time.

Metallica Fanboy is DEAD.
They were MAFIA.

Notes: since this is Gzhoom's first mafia game, I'm allowing just this one unbolded vote. Any future votes, however, mus be bolded.
48 hours for night actions.

I'm not sure if this will have any impact on the game, or if corrections can be made retrospectively (especially considering we now know that MF was mafia) but the reason I didn't put MF's name in bold was because I wasn't voting. I just wanted to see what they had to say in the face of Cynder's accusation. I had no intention of it being read as an additional vote. I'll try to be more clear in the future about whether or not I'm voting.

Day 4: Nir-and Far
Ice T and Venus Fire-Trap awoke to find Marcel Marceau dead, with a Golden Bullet Seed lodged in his skull.
Cynder is DEAD.
He was INNOCENT.

"Oh, god... what have I done?" said self-appointed vigilante, Venus Fire-Trap.
"You lost."
"No..."
Ice T smiled. "If somebody wants to kill a person, they don't need a gun to do it," he said, conjuring a fan of ice shards above his head.
"But... but why? I knew he was guilty, I knew it!"
"Guess you were wrong."
"I hate you! You must think you're so cool for doing all this, don't you, you filthy-"
Seven ice shards entered his body as he tried to make a final stand.
"Never mumble some sarcastic shit to somebody who can obviously fuck you up."
Venus Fire-Trap fell to the ground, dead.
Gzhoom is DEAD.
They were INNOCENT.

"I did this because I wanted the experience. Once I get something going well, I'll risk fucking it up just for the action."
Ice T walked away coldly. What was his partner going on about again? An empire? That sounds like it could be worth a shot.

THE MAFIA WINS.
Role PM's coming shortly.

Explanation: Gzhoom killed Cynder. Cynder jailed Nira. There would have been a tie vote in the day phase, resulting in a nokill. Nira would then roleblock and kill Gzhoom. I saw no reason to keep the game going after this.

Ahhh well, I definitely did a lot that game. Mafia games seriously need to stop coinciding with trips back home for me.

Good game to the mafia, and thanks for running this, RedNeckPhoenix! Hopefully we'll see more mafia games starting up in the future.

Hey there! By chance, you are NOT the very bestest, meaning you're innocent. Now I know how much you like to mess with people, so I'm giving you the role to suit that. You're an Abra! Specifically, Abra-ham Lincoln. Your signature move is Teleport, meaning that you can swap two players around. This always occurs first, because Abra is annoying. You win when the Mafia kick the bucket.

TL;DR You are an INNOCENT aligned BUS DRIVER. You can SWAP THE PLACES of TWO PLAYERS. You win when ALL MAFIA ARE DEAD.

Good luck!

Hello there, Superbird. In this Mafia game, you're playing as a Gardevoir. Specifically, Sylvia Browne, renowned psychic. You read the minds of players each night to find out whether they are mafia, innocent. However, I'm calling this one Inspector+, because you also get to figure out who they targeted with their night action. However, if that player is roleblocked, you aren't told, so be careful.

TL;DR You are an INNOCENT-ALIGNED INSPECTOR+. Once per night you may SEE WHETHER A PLAYER IS MAFIA or INNOCENT. You may also see WHO THEY TARGETED WITH THEIR NIGHT ACTION.

Good luck!

Hello, Nira. You're a very evil Mafioso. You're an evil Glalie. Specifically, Ice T. Once per night, you can freeze a player solid, disabling them from using their night action. This will block anything but the highest-tier roles. However, if you yourself are roleblocked, it will disable not only your roleblock, but your mafia kill as well. If your compatriot, MF, uses their skill, and you are roleblocked, MF will carry out the kill. In essence, whoever uses the skill is the one who kills.

TL;DR You are MAFIA. Once per night you may BLOCK A PLAYER'S NIGHT ACTION. Your goal is to KILL ALL INNOCENTS.

Hello, vigilante. You are a Carnivine. Specifically, Venus Fire-Trap. Once per night, you may decide to kill one player with your Golden Bullet Seed. You also may decide to not kill anyone. This would be smart to do on Night Zero, as you have no info. Your goal is to help defeat all Mafia.

TL;DR You are an INNOCENT aligned VIGILANTE. Once per night you may KILL A PLAYER. Your goal is to help KILL ALL MAFIA.

Good luck!
(note:i gave gzhoom a bit of a push for his first mafia game)

Hello, Jailer. You're a Mr. Mime, specifically Marcel Marceau. Once per night, you may trap a player in an invisible box, preventing them from both being killed AND using their night ability. This could prevent the doctor, the mafia kill, the mafia ability... whatever.

TL;DR You are an INNOCENT aligned JAILER. Once per night you may choose a player to PUT IN JAIL, PREVENTING THEIR DEATH AND THEIR NIGHT ABILITY. You win when ALL MAFIA ARE DEAD.

Well hellllllo there! You've drawn the Mafia card, meaning that you gotta KILL THEM ALL. See, you're a Persian. Sha-Purr III, to be exact. Those innocents are getting in the way of you starting your self-titled Persian Empire again. You see, you're very rich. You do know Pay Day after all. Once per night, you may private message me (or say in the Telegram chat) that you wish to bribe a player to take control of their night action. If they have a night action, I'll tell you how many targets the action has, and you choose.Keep in mind that only 1 mafioso can use their special ability per night. You win when all Innocents are dead.

TL;DR You are MAFIA. Once per night you may TAKE CONTROL OF A PLAYER'S POWER. You win when ALL NON-MAFIA ARE DEAD.

Good luck!

Hello, Doctor. You are an Audino. Specifically, Hippocrates. You use your special powers to prevent one player from kicking the bucket per night. Your goal is to defeat all of the Mafia. Use your medical knowledge to achieve this.

TL;DR You are an INNOCENT DOCTOR. Once per night you may PREVENT ONE PLAYER FROM DYING. Your goal is to DEFEAT THE MAFIA.

Good luck!

Link to the Mafia Telegram Chat: https://t.me/joinchat/Fn2DmkRPn4e8bWJ7EswgyQ

Well, that was a bad time to let fullscreen games take over my entire life again. Eh, still worked out, even if I didn't get to squeeze the persian thing for every drop of questionable humour.

Anyways! That wasn't bad for a first-time GM flight. Now I wonder if we can get more people back into it, so as to have a decent playerbase going... If that happens, maybe I'll even manage to dust off the ol' MFia.

I would definitely be up for a round of MFia if you were to put it together!

I'd wanna play in a Fandom Mafia more'n anything else, honestly.

Back
Top Bottom