• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meowth can learn thunderbolt!

Are you surprised that meowth can learn thunderbolt?

• Yes

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Sort of

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 40 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not surprising at all. Normal-types practically always learn elemental TMs and HMs.

Normal types are supposed to be versatile.

and after Rhydon and Nidoking with Surf, nothing surprises me.
Agrees.

I was really surprized when I found out that my Tyranitar in my Silver could learn surf :/ I mean, it's weak to water! Ground types learning water moves?

Nah. I'm a Meowth with Thunderbolt in PMD and one of my characters is a Meowth with a Pikachu tail. I see Thunderbolting Meowth all the time :P

It's not surprising anymore - my Persian uses it as an NP sweeper. But I remember when I first saw a Persian use thunderbolt in the orange league part of the anime and thinking that it was pretty stupid. Also, Tyson's Meowth :unsure:

Can anyone explain to me how Dugtrio learns Aerial Ace? I'd really like to see that on the animé. @_@

Agrees.

I was really surprized when I found out that my Tyranitar in my Silver could learn surf :/ I mean, it's weak to water! Ground types learning water moves?

An inspirational tale of Tyranitar, Rhydon, and Aggron overcoming their fear and learning... to surf.

Imagining them on surfboards now...

Can anyone explain to me how Dugtrio learns Aerial Ace? I'd really like to see that on the animé. @_@

You're surprised about Aerial Ace on Dugtrio? That wasn't surprising to me at all. You see, Aerial Ace is a speed - based move, and Dugtrio has an amazing amount of speed, therefore in the anime, they'd probably display it as a Dugtrio rushing towards the opponent.

If you want a REALLY odd combination of moves and Pokemon, get a Smeargle with Peck and Wing Attack.

Delcatty learns Hyper Beam, Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Psycho Headbutt and a load of good moves that it's stats can't use. There the answer to your question is NO.

From EeveeSkitty

If you want a REALLY odd combination of moves and Pokemon, get a Smeargle with Peck and Wing Attack.

I've always assumed it flicks a glob of paint at the oppoenent, and that paint shapes itself into the required appendage for the move (Ie. A wing, a claw, a horn and so on).

No, not really. If a cow can shoot thunderbolts and a bull can breathe fire, why not let a cat shoot thunderbolts as well?

Back
Top Bottom