• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokemon Remanants: Seeds of Chaos

IC - Katsu
He side-stepped the Scyther and glared at it. He pounced at it with Shadow Claw and swipped it across the face. It got to its feet and unleashed a Fury Cutter. Katsu managed to escape it after the second slash and shot a shadow ball at it. It fell to the ground and as it began to get up, Katsu used Pay Day and the Scyther was knocked out. Katsu sighed and picked up the poke left after his Pay Day. He saw that the Scyther had been holding at Metal Coat. Katsu picked it up and turned it over in his hand. "This could be worth selling to a Pokemon who needs it." He thought to himself

He contiuned through the Grass Fields and picked up anything he found that may be worth value.

IC - Saien/Sev/Violet

The three approched the beginning of Rage Beach. Saien was holding the chain around Sev neck tightly to avoind him rushing in.

"Ok you two, pay attention" He said to Sev and Violet "Before we go in, we need a plan"

"Kay Saien, what are we going to do" Violet said with her normal cheery tone

"Sev, do not use Flamethrower, that will be useless to a Poliwrath" Saien explained to Sev " Use Poison Fang to hold him in place"

"Don't use Flamethrower, use Posion fang........" Sev said, still tugging at his chain

He turned his attention to Violet. "You use Magical Leaf to bring it down and i'll finish it with Crush Claw"

Violet smiled and nodded. The three then procceded onto the beach to begin their search.

IC- Genevive/Hevont

Hevont flew over the opening of the well. They knew the dangers of the well as it switched pokemons speed stats with the speed of the Slowpokes within. He flew back to the ground and landed infront of Genevive. "So, whats the mission" He asked her as the two began their descent into the well.

"We're here to rescue a Ninjask who stupidly went into the well without realizing that the well switches his speed with the Slowpokes and got taken down by his own speed" Gevevive said, reading the request.

As the four of them travelled further into the temple, the amount of light quickly dimmed, leaving them in near darkness.

"Titan, try and sense if there is anyone, or anything in here," Atlas said.

Titan closed his eyes, and allowed his mind to explore the darkness around him. He suddenly sensed a creature calling for help, through its mind. "Over here! Something needs help!"

The team stumbled into a chamber with lit torches on the wall, illuminating the room around them. In the middle of the room, there were a trio of odd looking creatures. They were coloured black, and each had a single eye. While two of the creatures were floating, the thrid was on the ground, and seemed to be struggling to remain concious.

GM Annoyance time!

As Atlas, Titan, Harpy, and Athena trapsed into the chamber to aid the fallen pokemon, they had no idea that they were being watched. Above them was a Sneasel, perched in a low hanging root that had burst through the cieling years ago. He watched as the team proceeded to the unown he had just attacked. With relatively quick observation he determined that this team would be best to be left be, but ensured that their job would be a tad more difficult. and proceeded to use Icy Wind to blow out the torches.

Now, I watch...

Tag - Grass King

As Katsu made his way through the Grassy Feilds, a few pokemon were following closely, but out of sight. They were a group of Scorupi, and they had noticed that Katsu had been retrieving only items of value. They had already formed a plan to lighten his load, little did he know. As Katsu came around a corner of taller grass in the field he saw that a little Skitty was there, laying in pain in the damp grass.

Tag - Katsu

Last edited:
As an icy chill formed in the temple, the torches went out. Athena let out a startled yelp.

"Titan, use Mind Reader and Close Combat to attack the intruder. Harpy, try and use something that will give us some light." Atlas ordered. Harpy began to move her arms from side to side, before a vortex of fire appeared in front of her. Meanwhile, Titan was focusing on the presence of his hidden opponent. When he found him, he jumped up and rapidly kicked his opponent, while punching him a few times as well.

The fire spin managed to relight a few of the torches, and harpy was using one to relight the others.

The Sneasel fell to the ground after the attack, but Titan looked a little tired.

Feht hopped off of Raze's back at well, smirking slightly at the fact that she'd touched on what she deemed a sensitive spot in Raze's demeanor. She looked around as well and glanced at Darcy at his question before falling silent once again. This truly was a small island...and she wondered what they might find inside. Hopefully no Bugs, and plenty of curiousities.

The Sneasel, now highly injured, and finding that what he had done had gone to no avail, raised his clawed paws in surrender, and waited for what the team would do. He had not expected such an experienced Hitmontop who was that adept at locating his foes.

Tag - Team Naturals

IC - Darcy

Raze sighed in disgust to Darcy's comment, and led the two Eeveelutions into the cave. Raze had to take center position so as to keep the light at an even distance all around them. He let Darcy have the lead as the silly Jolteon was perfectly capable to scout ahead, and therefore Feht was put in the back, and was rear gaurd. After a while of nothing, Darcy suddenly cried out in disgust, stepping back quickly. Raze brought his tail forward to see that it was fecal matter.

"Hmm, texture from observation, along with location, and scent. Yep, Zubat dung." Raze said as he raised his tail so that everyone could look up, only to see a group of zubat hanging from the cieling. "Interesting..." Raze commented as Darcy wiped his paw off on a wall.

Tag - Feht

IC- Katsu

Katsu saw the poor Skitty and with a reluctent sigh turned to help her. As he entered the tall grass he got this creeping feeling someone was watching him. He passed it off as his own paranoia, but just as he did he was side swiped by something. He was side swiped two more times before relizing what had happened. Half of the stuff he had found was gone and he only had stuff like that metal coat left. He sighed thinked that he knew helping that skitty had been a mistake. As he walked up to her, he bent do to talk to her.

"You ok, need any help?" he questioned

(don't feel like posting Saien/Sev/Violet or Hevont/Genevive yet)

Feht snickered and smirked quietly, watching the Zubat carefully before glancing back behind them again. This place gave her the creeps, and whether it was nervouness at the unknown or a premonition, she wasn't sure. Either way, she'd better keep a close eye on her surroundings. Zubat weren't the only thing in this cave- of that she was almost positive.

Jaito smiled. "Meet new friends? That sounds great! And the Shuca berries will come in handy too." He dropped one arm a little bit, observing his own electric blue stripes. Rather strange for an Electabuzz.... he couldn't wait to see what he looked like when he evolved. "With a bit of strategy, we should be fine."

Raian's ears hung a bit in disdain with Jaito's enthusiasm. Oh, well... happiness often led to success. "We're ready to go."

OOC: @Darksong At the moment, just make up some reasonable random missions, and dungeons, and go do them, be creative. I'm sandboxing it until the proper plot comes to mind.

@All I may not be posting this weekend due to parental...restrictions, grrr...

IC - Favian

Favian nodded in agreement with the enthusiastic Electabuzz.

"That's the spirit Jaito. Well, we best be going, I don't wanna be late for dinner!" She looked at Raian, the other team's leader, and sighed inwardly, he seemed to negative for his own good. "Hey, don't worry, it'll be alright, plus, if we do get into something we can't handle, I've got a escape orb so that we won't have to worry!" Favian smiled brightly, she had planned perfectly despite her relatively carefree attitude.

Tag - Cryptica

IC - Darcy

Darcy sighed in disgust and continued forward. If anyone was starting to get the onimous feeling that they were being watched, it would've been Feht, and because Darcy's fur was standing up further than usual, he felt it too.

"Uh, Raze, are you sure of this? I'm not torchicking out or anything, but the feels too wierd..." Darcy said, trying to pierce the dark around them with his eyes. It was odd how he felt that something kept changing, and yet, there always seemed to be something right there.

"Quiet you, I hear something." Raze replied quickly, holding his tail higher, and looked about, only to have his head smacked by a rock. Out like a light, aze was on the ground, unconcioius for the time being. Darcy started coarsing electricity through his fur. If anything were to jump him, he'd shock it with all he could.

Tag - Feht

GM (Explaining the happening to Katsu in a little more detail)

Suddenly Katsu felt a wave of confusion come over him as multiple Scorupi circled around him. With little time to react Katsu realized that a hole was cut in his bag and and it was much lighter. The illousions of Scorupi dissipated, leaving him and the Skitty alone in the middle of the field. The Skitty started to come to just as Katsu was fully aware of the occurance, and said,

"Ugh, what hit me? Oh, hi, did you come to help me?" She had the cutest little smile when she said this, one that Katsu had a hard time reacting to.

Tag - Katsu

Feht growled slightly, stepping up closer to Raze. "Get ready, Darcy..." she said softly, the gem on her forehead starting to glow as her eyes flashed. However cautious as she might be, she definitely was not going to be taken by surprise and thought his idea the best for now. She focused carefully on the darkness, her ears listening for whatever sound Raze had heard.

Atlas and Titan stood in front of the surrendering Sneasel. "What did you attack this Unown for? And then to simply make our job harder... how dare you!" Atlas growled.

"Atlas, calm down for a moment," Titan told him.

"Harpy, help the Unown while we deal with him," Atlas commanded, indicating the Sneasel.

GM

The Sneasel flinched at the anger in the Torterra's voice. He hadn't been expecting such an experienced group of adventurers to arrive, let alone anyone.

"Uh, er...I dunno..." Was the Sneasels reply, defiant yet mostly true. He had blown out the lights to prove as a hinderance and to see how the team would deal with the sittuation, but attacking the Unown he was almost unawares of doing.

Tag - Grass King

IC - Darcy

Darcy nodded as he moved in closer. Normally, he would've blushed to move this close to her, but this was a serious situation and he barely had noticed. Suddenly a cold gust of wind blew through the cave and a Froslass appeared.

"What right do you have being here!?!" The Froslass exclaimed in anger, and providing dim lighting due to her ghostly aura. Darcy shivered in slight fear, but wasn't planning on backing down.

Tag - Feht

"I'll give you 10 seconds to run. And, if I ever see you again, I will destroy you!" Atlas growled at the Sneasel. As the Sneasel took the opportunity to run, Titan turned to Harpy.

"Is it going to be okay?" he asked.

"It should be, but I think it'll heal better in it's own dimension."

Feht growled slightly at the Froslass, watching her carefully. "We're explorers only...we'd never seen this island before..." she said, keeping her voice calm and relaxed though every nerve was ready to attack. She glanced at Darcy quietly before looking back at the Froslass, her fur fluffing a bit against the cold it seemed to radiate.

GM

The Sneasel dashed off, angered and furious with the lack of politeness shown by th Torterra.

IC - Darcy

The Froslass smirked and replied,

"Explorers, eh? Then I've got a warning for you. Me, I'm not hostile, I just don't appreciate fiery light waking me up. But many of the pokemon ahead, well, lets just say they aren't asleep, and they don't like intruders..." And with that, the Ghost was gone. Darcy sighed in slight relief and noticed a small diamond in front of him. Recognzing it as a reviver seed, he quickly fed it to Raze. After a couple of seconds Raze awoke, his tail lit once again.

"Uh, what happened?" He said, still a bit groggy from being whacked over the head with a rock.

"A Froslass whacked you over the head with a rock." Darcy replied, looking ahead.

Tag - Feht

IC - Lori

Lori just managed to clean up her second bounty and checke dthe remaining target, an Abomnasnow. Great, type disadvantage...well, best get moving. She thought to her slef as she continued on. The forest had little challenge to Lori because of her type advantages against the Bug and Grass types, and the few normals she came across she found weren't to hard to disatch. After a little while she felt a chill in the air, and it began to hail. Most likely, the Abomnasnow wasn't aware of her presence, and was probably just eating, or doing whatever criminals did while hiding out in dungeons or forests. She peered around the corner to see that he had grabbed a Zigzagoon by the scruff of his neck and was shouting angrily at him. Lori took the chance to throw a Flame Orb at the Abomnasnow. Flame Orbs were rare, but well worth owning, allowing one to project it at the foe, and force the foe to be burnt, and usually recovered the orb afterwards.

The Abomnasnow howled in pain as the burn to effect, and wheeled around, glaring towards where Lori was peering around the corner. She was already aloft, hoping to get an attack out before being caught.Suddenly she felt the temperature drop drastically as the Abomnasnow prepared a Blizzard. Quickly she countered it with a heat wave, forcing the frozen devastation away from her.

"So, you're the Adventurer who took my Bounty, eh?" Lori heard the Abomnasnows voice directly behind her, and quickly ducked as a frozen fist flew over her head. "You're pretty good, but you know what, I have no respect for that, and any previous bounties you may have fought compare nought to me!" And with that Lori had to move quickly as another Ice Punch flew at her.

"I don't need respect from someone who picks on smaller beings and forces them to hand over their most valuable item." Lori retorted as she slammed into the Abomnasnows side with a steel wing, immidietly following up with a Heat Wave.

Tag - None

Last edited:
Raian looked up. "Escape Orbs are always nice... I like your planning. Let's go." He ran a paw over one of his long ears, and then the bolt design on his forehead. He always did that when he felt reassured or unsure, and at this point it was nearly impossible to tell which one it was.

Jaito stepped forwards a little bit and tapped his leader on the back. "We may be a two-Pokemon team, but don't underestimate us!"

The Pikachu took a breathing laugh. "Yeah!"

IC - Favian

Favian nodded, and led the way. The location had been marked on their maps, and wasn't too far from Shadelight City.

Upon arrival Favian looked at the entrance. It looked like it was a pure crack in the rock, something that would suggest her own weakness, fighting. She hadn' thought of that, and wasn't prepared.

"Uh, guys, you might have to deal with any fighting types that may pop up, I hadn't thought of that..." Favian said, blushing slightly in her lack of complete preperations.

Tag - Cryptica

IC - Spatz/Ricolan

As Ricolan put his badge away after rescuing the last target, he looks to Spatz and says,

"Looks like we're done here, so, lets get home." Spatz just nods and raises the badge to teleport them out. Upon arrival at the guild hall, the clients for the handful of jobs they had completed were present, along with sheriff Rod, a Houndoom officer for this region.

After recieving their rewards Spatz bolts off to home as Ricolan proceeds to the drink house. I did agree to meet Zelx here after all...

Tag - None

IC - Lori

With an unexpected twist, the Abomnasnow reveals himself from what was apparantly a double team, making sense as to the lack of physical reaction to the last two attacks. With a well placed Ice Punch Lori finds herself on the ground in pain, looking upwards angrily to the Abomnasnow.

"I told you, they were nothing to me. You lost sight of me after you threw that orb, and that's when I double teamed, just so you know." The Abonasnow then raises his fist, Wood Hammer ready to slam down on Lori.

Tag - ...We'll see

Last edited:
Name: Zoltea
Species: Jolteon
Attacks:
HP Grass
Thunderbolt
Magnet Rise
Shadow Ball
Personality: Hyper and sometimes impatient, he likes doing things fast a lot of the time. Sometimes this speed can get him into trouble. He also loves to make friends, make people laugh, and be around people who are nice and funny.
Appearance: Seems like a normal Jolteon, however, there's a small Z-like mark on his front left paw.
History: Raised in a tribe of eeveelutions, but now has a desire to join a team.

Back
Top Bottom