• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Does holding Down + B when catching something do anything?

Ever since I first read about it I've always pressed Down+B right when the Pokeball pops open. Just because, I mean, why not? Also, it's a habit.

I've never heard of tapping A to do more damage but I do bark at the screen sometimes. :U

I did this, only with Up+B. I also heard you needed to hold it until the ball made contact with the Pokémon and then LET GO IMMEDIATELY OR ELSE.
I also used to think pressing A really hard/holding A would make attacks stronger.

I always pressed down+B.

I thought pressing A would make it break open :V

Although I know it doesn't do anything at all, I always hold down B as the ball shakes. I've been doing it since I was 7, so it's a hard habit to break.

IIRC, it did matter in the original RBY-- button presses at the right time could alter the type of ball thrown, turning an ordinary Pokeball into a Masterball for example. (I'm going to need a fact check on this, but I distinctly remember being able to catch high-level Pokemon without weakening them through using this trick.)
No.

It messes with the RNG in RBYGSC, though, which alters your chances of capture. It doesn't alter them in any reliable way, though, so there's not much of a point.

A Long Time ago my friend told me that pressing b continuesly, just like making a pokemon stop evolving, would scare the pokemon and let me catch it. I got really good at pressing a button fast. Then I realized it doesnt matter.

I mash 'B' personally. But it's just out of habit. All the button combos are Urban Legends of Zelda (Look, ma! No link!).

On Diamond and Platinum, I hold the Pokeball on the bottom screen closed. If you don't understand what I mean.... I put my fingers on the top and bottom of the ---( )--- part and i draw locks or something. :/ ~first post ^___^~

On the other games I usually tap 'A' or yell at the screen.

Back
Top Bottom