• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wow, everyone seems to of really liked it. I saw it, and it was... OK. Pretty good, but nothing special. People will probably forget it by next year. The special effects were really, really good, but other then that I just didn't quite "click" with the characters. I think it was dumb how partially everyone dies in the end, even the nice people. I hate it when that happens.

Everything else aside, no one is going to forget Avatar any time soon. Most successful film ever: Avatar, $2.7b. Second most successful film ever: Titanic, $1.8b (corollary: smuggest director ever, James Cameron).

Also, nice people die.

Yeah, but puppies die. Doesn't mean I'd enjoy seeing a film about it. If I went to see a film about puppies dying and someone asked me if I liked it, I'd say "No, the puppies died.".

They could, and it might actually be an enjoyable film otherwise, but I'm a person who doesn't like puppies dying, and seeing such on a giant screen would ruin the film for me. People have things they like to see in films, and things they don't. My enjoyment of a film, among other things, rests on there being no puppies dying.

(101 Dalmatians came dangerously close, let me tell you)

Back
Top Bottom