• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

My current project is to train a specialty team that I came up with. (ratings are not necessary but would be appreciated)

What I have so far

Gallade Lv. 54
Psycho Cut
Leaf Blade
Stone Edge
X-Scissor

Kabutops Lv. 43
Aqua Jet
Slash
X-Scissor
Mud Shot

Absol Lv. 60
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Swords Dance
Me First

Sanslash Lv. 28
Shadow Claw
Crush Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Scyther Lv. 53
Razor Wind
Night Slash
Air Slash
X-Scissor

Zangoose Lv. 54
Shadow Claw
X-Scissor
Crush Claw
Close Combat

Well, what do you think?

Last edited:
Too colorful. But looks pretty good. Can any of them take a hit?

Well, they all have very high speed, high attack and some of them have type resistances
(for ex: Scyther takes 1/4 damage from fighting, Kabutops takes 1/4 from fire)
but defese does seem to be a problem.

EDIT: suberbird was rught, so I got rid of the color

Restarted! For unknown reasons. Anyhow...
Quilava is the best Pokemon I work with!

Quilava
Blazen, Female, Level 14/15
Tackle
Quick Attack
Smoke Screen
Ember

Rattata
Ratti, Female, Level 4
HM Slave.

Dunsparce
Cloud, Female, Level 8
Rage
Defense Curl
...Never used it, really. May never...

Togepi
It's an egg! :O​

Falkner = joke

The good thing about Cyndaquil is that it evolves the earliest of all starters, at Level 14, with Chimchar evolving at 15, close behind. Also, Quilava has a very decent moveset! :D
Also, fun fact: Blazen has a Quiet nature, and yet its Speed is very high despite being hindered by the nature. Probably the fact that Cyndaquil has reasonably decent Speed.

Also, fun fact: Blazen has a Quiet nature, and yet its Speed is very high despite being hindered by the nature. Probably the fact that Cyndaquil has reasonably decent Speed.
A reduction of 10% makes a difference of like 2-3 points at such a low level.

I... just figured out how to move the Snorlax in front of Diglett's cave with the radio.

derp

Major progress :DDDD
Quilava
Blazen, Female, Level 38
Dig
Headbutt
Lava Plume
Fire Blast
Never evolving her whatever you say. >:(

Fearow
Kenya, Female, Level 32
Mirror Move
Attract (>:D)
Pursuit
Aerial Ace

Togetic
Gemwing, Male, Level 32
Wish
Drain Punch (0.o)
Extrasensory (Wow. Stayed on for 31 levels...)
Fly

Eevee
Sunniji, Female, Level 8
Sand-Attack
Tackle
Iron Tail
Shadow Ball
♪ Lalala Espeon ♪

Wooper
Surf, Male, Level 6
HM Slave

Natu
Natee, Female, Level 24
Lucky Chant
Pluck (Omnomnomnom!)
Me First
Swagger (>:))

And a few others placed inside a PC.​
Falkner = joke
Bugsy = joke
Whitney = semi-joke
Morty = semi-joke (Stupid Hypnosis)
Chuck = semi-joke
Jasmine = joke
Pryce = joke (Dewgong + Rest = annoyingness)
Clair(e?) = probably will be harder... don't know.

I plan on remaking my long-lost Gold version team. And then some.
Fuck I miss that team...

I have begun to do this in my Soul Silver of my long lost Silver team, my best game.

I am only in Ekrotek but I have caught about half the pokedex as I want to fill it, and I have so far caught a son for my beloved Silver(traded from Yellow) Pigeot, Windy II, and a daughter of my Furret Muffin II. Both parents were at level 100 along with one more whose child is not available in the game yet, my dragonite Norbert.

Soul Silver: I'm planning to restart for a Totodile, and trade over the Heart Gold Cyndaquil, Butterfree and Hoppip. HEY SILVER! YOU AND YOUR CHIKORITA ARE GOING DOOOOWN!! *maniacal laugh*

Heart Gold: I have a neglected female Cyndaquil (Blazen), and a female Butterfree (Cat!) waiting to be traded to Soul Silver. Oh, and a neglected Hoppip (Kitty :3)

Eh, not much happening on Soul Silver since I can't be bothered to play it, I've gotten up to Claire I think and that's it. I traded over a bred Dragonair from my Diamond game. Claire should probably be a piece of cake, but I can't be stuffed playing it. Eh, oh well.

I decided to pick up HG again after not playing it since..May, pretty much. Long story short, my aunt was battling cancer and passed away in late August. I was very close to her so I was in no mood to play Pokemon.

I had left off at Erika's gym, so I went ahead and beat the rest of the Kanto gym leaders, caught Suicune and Articuno and blah blah blah. Blue kicked my butt the first time so I had to go and train my guys up a bit more before I could beat him.

My team's switched around a bit since I started. I just switched Ampharos out for Lanturn, and Ho-Oh out for Rapidash. It now consists of:

rapidash.png

Elizaveta. F. Lv. 51
Lanturn.png

Akita. F. Lv. 54
Feraligatr.png

Grimmjow. M. Lv. 64
pkrs220.gif

Maka. F. Lv. 58
Espeon.png

Espeon. F. Lv. 56
Umbreon.png

Umbreon. F. Lv. 52

Umbreon was good early on, but I've been having trouble with her so I'm going to train up another Pokemon to replace her eventually. What I'd really like to do is create teams for wifi battles, and EV train some of these guys so I can have a snowball's chance in hell of beating Red. ;p

Planning to trade everything over to Pearl soon (making most non-canon) and restarting using only a lickitung/licky.

SO I am considering restarting again....maybe. I have done everything except beat Red....I have to train all of them like 10 levels. XD
I don't know. I knind of want to use Chickorita...never used it. Comments?

Hmm, completed Soul Silver ages ago.
Restarted Heart Gold recently, it has 6 badges (the first 4 going up to Eucruteak, the 5th is from Mahogany and the 6th is from Olivine) And currently working on training 4 pokemon to level 70, (they are level 50+ right now, trained them all on the current file)
Epic level grinding ftw.

So! I am trying to beat Lance. He is a nurf.

Team:

157.png

Ej
lv46

071.png

Nesubosu
lv43

195.png

Bill
lv43

176.png

Float
lv41

196.png

Mei
lv41

463.png

Bfi
lv39

LANCCCCCE.

icba to put in moves atm.

After reading some of these pages, I have decided to post my team. I am currently attempting to catch the puppies, then train for Red. ( JOY :/ )
(NOTE: I am extremely bored, so I have spent a lot of time on this.)

Crobat
Relaxed | Inner Focus | @None
Level 48
HP: 157 Attack: 109 Defense: 102
Special Attack: 91 Special Defense: 88 Speed: 134

Fly | Mean Look | Air Cutter | Poison Fang

Jolteon
Sassy | Volt Absorb | @Amulet Coin
Level 59
HP: 151 Attack: 101 Defense: 94
Special Attack: 161 Special Defense: 144 Speed: 170

Charge Beam | Iron Tail | Thunderbolt | Shadow Ball

Golem
Bashful | Rock Head | @Muscle Band
Level 49
HP: 152 Attack: 125 Defense: 147
Special Attack: 77 Special Defense: 84 Speed: 63

Strength | Earthquake | Double-Edge | Stone Edge

Typhlosion
Serious | Blaze | @Cleanse Tag
Level 50
HP: 157 Attack: 105 Defense: 91
Special Attack: 129 Special Defense: 108 Speed: 123

Flame Wheel | Quick Attack | Flamethrower | Lava Plume
* I want to replace Quick Attack, but I don't know what with....

Gengar
Quirky | Levitate | @None
Level 49
HP: 135Attack: 75 Defense: 72
Special Attack: 150 Special Defense: 87 Speed: 119

Dark Pulse | Psychic | Mean Look | Shadow Ball

Tentacruel
Calm | Clear Body | @NeverMeltIce
Level 54
HP: 166 Attack: 88 Defense: 88
Special Attack: 103 Special Defense: 157 Speed: 134

Ice Beam | Poison Jab | Surf | Hydro Pump

So any moveset ideas would be appreciated. I have LOTS of training to do before I even THINK about going further into the game. :D

I've been neglecting my Pearl version (which I never really got very far on) in favour of Soul Silver which, personally, I find to be far more enjoyable.

Badges: 16

This is my team that I had been using in-game:

feraligatr Lvl 54
Thrash
Crunch
Hydro Cannon
Ice Fang

lugia Lvl 56
Extrasensory
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Aeroblast
Evs so far: HP: 23 Def: 54 S.Att: 63 Spd: 71 (accidentally - wasn't paying attention when I overshot the mark on the speed EVs. Oh well.)

victreebel Lvl 54
Razor Leaf (missed leaf blade)
Sludge Bomb
Wring Out
Sleep Powder

magneton Lvl 54 (still haven't figured out how to evolve it)
Thunder Wave
Magnet Rise
Mirror Shot
Discharge

magmar Lvl 54
Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Confuse Ray
Faint Attack

scizor Lvl 53
Night Slash
Iron Head
Focus Energy
X-Scissor

I'm also concentrating on some new pokemon more seriously:

dragonair Lvl 35
Aqua Tail
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Twister
EVs so far: Att: 93 S.Att:72 Spd:87

gyarados Lvl 31
Bite
Waterfall
Rest
Sleep Talk
Evs so far: Att: 1 Def: 15 Spd: 4

Recently I was trying to do some pokeathlon events and I completely suck at them. I come last on every event. Because my shiny seviper has rubbish IVs and a rubbish nature, I thought I'd try to make it a little useful since its stamina and skill is decent. Oh well at least we still get some points for losing.

I lied...I restarted a while ago and have a new team.
It's cool. (:
I'll post it after I beat the E4.....then I may restart for a monotype. :D

Restarted for the sake of transferring to White when I'm done. But I may as well enjoy this in the meantime while I can.

WEEPINBELL
GetB*tches Lv21
(Cuz Bellsprout gets 'em all)
Mild/Chlorophyll
Vine Whip / Growth / Wrap / Stun Spore
@ Miracle Seed

BUTTERFREE
Friendly Lv22
Serious/Compoundeyes
Confusion / Sleep Powder / Gust / Whirlwind
@ none

QUILAVA
Vesuvius Lv22
Lax/Blaze
Quick Attack / Leer / Flame Wheel / SmokeScreen
@ none​

Three badges, all with relative ease (even Whitney, who is infamous for making me want to pull my hair out).
Kinda stuck on who else to catch and actually train for now, but I'm sure that will sort itself out in time.

Back
Top Bottom