• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Idea Center: Part Deuce

I am thinking about a "The Walking Dead"-ish style RP. If anyone is willing to co-GM it with me, that'd be a big plus. Even if you don't know the show that's okay, since it's your standard zombie campaign.

*trapses in quietly*

Zombies, hunh? Yeah, I guess I'm down for that...so long as it doesn't go the same way a the last one I partook in.

(BTB I'm back...)

Ok, I am working on it, anyone willing to help me out at all? I mean I can do it on my own, but it always helps to have people give their opinions.

I was thinking of a few things. One that it takes place somewhere neutral, not in a known country or anything like that. Just a small maybe county sized area with a large city, suburbs, and on the wayouts country/farmland. And it's happening DURING the outbreak, not after as I've seen others do before.

As far as GMing goes I'm quite new, at least at RPing, but I run D&D and other tabletops, and have played in a wide variety; D&D, Doctor Who, Lotr, a D20 Modern Zombie Apocalypse, WWII, The One Ring, Vampires, and Dragon Age. In short, I'd run it more like a GM, basically throwing things at you from time to time, but not having an OC. Basically I'd lay railroads and you can follow them or not, your choice.

Ok, I am working on it, anyone willing to help me out at all? I mean I can do it on my own, but it always helps to have people give their opinions.

I was thinking of a few things. One that it takes place somewhere neutral, not in a known country or anything like that. Just a small maybe county sized area with a large city, suburbs, and on the wayouts country/farmland. And it's happening DURING the outbreak, not after as I've seen others do before.

As far as GMing goes I'm quite new, at least at RPing, but I run D&D and other tabletops, and have played in a wide variety; D&D, Doctor Who, Lotr, a D20 Modern Zombie Apocalypse, WWII, The One Ring, Vampires, and Dragon Age. In short, I'd run it more like a GM, basically throwing things at you from time to time, but not having an OC. Basically I'd lay railroads and you can follow them or not, your choice.

Sounds good, not sure I like the "During the Outbreak" bit, but I suppose it could work...

So I was thinking... I think that we should stick with a real location.

My idea?

Twin Cities MN: I live here, and I've run a zombie campaign that took place in the city. It worked pretty well. It's easy to navigate, and has a good ratio of city/suburb/county. My party fled to Anoka, MN easily and took over a ammunition plant nearby. (I said it was cheating, but eh.)

citymap_minneapolis_mn.gif

vfiles13437.jpg

I've an idea on a roleplay. Perhaps it can be something where five or so people are locked in a mall with no chance to escape, and there's a killer on the loose. Everyone dies, but the question is, who lives the longest? The killer will kill someone based on how little good deeds they have done with their life.

Thoughts?

-How about a pokemon RP in a medieval setting? With pokemon being treated as their real life counterparts or something like that

-The zombie RP idea is really neat!

Ok I'd be down for the Zombie RP but I agree with a no name county because it gives us more freedom to make up our own area.

I tried two ideas. They failed, but maybe lack of ads? (if you guys don't lie the idea, tell me. No feelings will be hurt):

-Fire Emblem post-hostile takeover. Ike, my OC, and another/Marth take it back

-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - group from Ivalice taking over Cinquleur.

Hi guys, did I miss anything during my massive absence?

Anyway, being that it's the middle of the night over here, I am just going to leave you folks my possible RP project and go to bed.
How long has it been since you were conscious?

Perhaps the better question is: "Were you ever conscious to begin with, and are you now?" You let the words sink in for what might be a second or an eternity and you realize that you barely remember what it means to be conscious.

You find yourself floating through a sea of swirling darkness.

Or maybe you're not IN the darkness at all. You might as well be the darkness itself, because you can't find a way to make yourself distinct from it.

Every little word shaped in your mind echo out through the infinite void surrounding you, repeating itself over and over in a meaningless choir. Even then, you have difficulty keeping a coherent thought, as if you were barely awake, or even barely alive.

"Alive." This one word sticks to you, as though it would hold some form of significance. You don't remember the meaning of the word, but you remember that it is considered very important, and is very desirable.

And whatever it is, you are not right now.

As though a complex piece of machinery had been turned on, your mind is suddenly inundated with memories and thoughts. No details come up, but you still REMEMBER. You once had a life, a home. There were others that you cared for, and now everything is gone. The experience is, needless to say, unpleasant.

You start searching the darkness in distress, desperately attempting to find a way to return what you have lost. After looking around in what feels like 720 degrees, you see something in the distance. Or maybe it isn't distant, but just really small. It looks like light, but it doesn't shine, fluctuating in the middle of the abyss you have found yourself in. Whatever it is, you reach towards it, and a sensation floods through you, as though you were beings cleansed by immaterial water. As you touch the lightless thing, which you are unable to comprehend the form of despite clearly feeling it, your senses are overwhelmed and you're robbed of your consciousness once more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oi, you."

The voice you awaken to is coarse, but clearly feminine. A cold three-fingered hand places itself upon your head and shakes it softly.

"As much as I hate interrupting your little nap, you have to get up now if you value your freedom."

Gathering the mental and physical strength to open your eyes, you are greeted by the sight of a orange reptilian creature with shed skin decorating its shoulders and legs and a red crest upon its head.

"You're awake, then? Good for you. You're lucky you appeared at night, or the pale ones would have found you. Now get up, we gotta bail."

Just by moving, you can feel that your body is alien to you. Whatever it was you once lived as, it was not this. Looking around, you find yourself in a forest of seemingly impossible structures of steel, stone, glass and wood. Realizing that you've yet to actually move, the reptile sighs at you.

"Listen pal, I know you're confused about the situation and I'd love to answer your questions. But this ain't the time, alright? The pale ones don't understand you, and there are others out there who hunt Dustborn- I mean your sort. What I'm saying is that I am helping you and you better get off your behind and follow me if you want your answers.

As she talks, she pushes a wooden beam, causing it to fall and move a large bin, revealing an opening in one of the structures. She crawls into it, and you having no better option, decide to follow her.

I'm taking flavours from the World of Darkness, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and the good ol' grimdark Pokémon setting to create something of my own liking. It will be set in Castelia City, and you'll be able to play as Pokémon from the New Unova Pokédex.

Anyone interested?

Back
Top Bottom