• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Tcod Plays Sburb

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
Chayer shook his head, eyes clamped shut. He was thoroughly disheartened, to say the least. "This is pathetic," he complained. "They won't last a minute." His skin changed colour abruptly, allowing him to blend into his surroundings. It was almost as though he had disappeared, but his black clothing still gave away his location.

"I can still see you, silly!" chirped a shrill, mirthful voice. "And they aren't hopeless. Don't feel so sorry for yourself all the time!"

Chayer did not feel much better about where he stood. He had damn near killed himself, and was forced to do nothing but watch as all his friends were slowly picked off, in order to get this far. And as a reward, he was left with a great lot of absolute idiots. "It doesn't seem fair," Chayer said at last, becoming translucent again. "We worked so hard to get this, and this is our reward? It's utter bullshit, if you ask me."

The girl behind him shrugged, her grey dress fluttering briefly in the wind. "Well, the game didn't ask you! And it really isn't fair. Sometimes you just have to play with the hand you're given, nay?"

Chayer frowned and turned about, facing Mocone. She was angelically beautiful, as she always was. Thick black hair fell in curls down her back and at the sides of her pale grey face. Her yellow eyes, now tinted a slight lilac. Her hands were folded behind her back, and she looked up at her moirail innocently.

"You're right, I guess," Chayer admitted, returning to full opacity. He enveloped Mocone in a loose hug. "As usual. I just don't like it, is all."

Mocone smiled at Chayer. "Well, I don't think they're idiots, if that helps at all!" She winked slightly, and squeezed Chayer a little tighter. "I think they're really cute! Maybe we can have some fun with them, nay?"

Chayer couldn't help but grin a little, too; but he suppressed most of the smile. "Hm. I guess that isn't out of the question." Chayer pulled away from Mocone and walked over to his computer, his Trollian window popping up upon prompt. He typed a name that he had seen through the Walls into the program:phantasmalTendril

CI: Chello.
PT: chello??? what does that even mean, lol!
CI: Chm. I chadn't accounted for your lack of experience. It's a typing quirk of mine. I suppose what I meant to say was chello.
CI: *chello
CI: **chello
CI: Wchatever. You get tche point.

PT: uh i guess!!! who are you?? are you one of those Nasty Trolls?? my friends told me to stay away from you!
CI: You could say I'm a Nasty Troll, if you're into labels.
PT: ugh!! i knew it was only a matter of time before you guys started bugging me!!! go away, shoo fly!!!
CI: Wchatever. Chave fun dying a terrible deatch, you patchetic chuman.
PT: ok!! byyyeeeee!!!!
** PT blocked CI
"Yeah," Chayer said, sighing. "Yeah, they're hopeless. I suppose if they perish awful deaths... it's their own fault. I won't worry about it." Chayer grinned and grabbed Mocone's hand, leaving the room.

He needed to get out.

Willow closed her computer aggressively. She hated Internet trolls! They existed solely to bother other people. It didn't make a lick of sense to her; why would you ever bother someone on purpose? Some people just had no sense at all.

She looked around her room. It was a cute little house, really. She lived in the Giant Willow Tree; the pods on the end had a special mechanism for flushing excess fluids and the like, but Willow had negotiated with the tree and it had allowed her to live in one of the pods. What a nice tree!

A few colourful posters were pinned on the surrounding walls; a hammock was perched in the corner somewhere, and her clothes had been strewn all over the pod messily. She wasn't really holding up her part of the deal with the tree; she had promised to keep the room tidy! Gathering up the clothes, Willow pulled out her clothes hamper and tossed all her dirty garments into it, like a basketball pro. She was getting good! With a little more practise, she could be the best.

Now that her room was tidy, Willow could resume transmission. Reopening her laptop lid, she began a conversation with one of her chums. The technical term for conversation-starting was "pestering," but Willow didn't like to think of it that way! She was sure all her friends enjoyed her company very much.
**phantasmalTendril began a conversation disconsolateSpume
PT: hi!!
( OOC: Bad writing, sorry! I'm awful at starting roleplays, someone let me know if you want me to add anything to the first post! )

Rory sat on the edge of his twin bed, staring down at his laptop. Illuminated only by the light of the laptop screen, Rory's room was in almost total darkness. He turned to look at the alarm clock to his right, with its red LED lights like menacing eyes piercing their way into the night. 4:13 a.m. At such a time, most people would be sound asleep. Rory, however, hadn't slept for weeks.

The floor of his room was littered with pill containers - some were empty, while others were full. Across the room from his bed was his chemistry equipment. Beakers, flasks, and test tubes were neatly arranged on a lab table, many filled with curious liquids. Rory had even spent a few thousand dollars installing a fume hood for his lab.

Letting out a small yawn, Rory decided to check his Pesterchum. In their respective time zones, most of his chums should be awake by now.

**somniferousPolymer began pestering phantasmalTendril
SP: tell me
SP: more
SP: about this game
SP: im starting to become interested =_=

Last edited:
A new window appeared abruptly on Willow's screen. Curious, she tapped it. It was a message from her friend, Rory. He was an interesting enough fellow. Willow liked him quite a lot; he was really smart, and always seemed to know what he was talking about regarding everything. He loved chemistry, which Willow found odd; she couldn't stand the subject, and it was the main reason she had dropped out of school. Who even cared about that, anyway? Well, other than Rory.

**somniferousPolymer began a conversation with phantasmalTendril

CT: oh, hi, rory!!
CT: the game?? well, i dont know much about it myself!! The Beta is coming out tomorrow, so i guess well see then!!!
CT: i hear its kind of like the sims, but apparently its a very powerful game!!
CT: whatever that means..
CT: hey, youre in a different time zone dealy, right??? did you get your beta yet??

It didn't take long for Willow to respond. It seemed she was online.

CT: the game?? well, i dont know much about it myself!! The Beta is coming out tomorrow, so i guess well see then!!!
CT: hey, youre in a different time zone dealy, right??? did you get your beta yet??

SP: not yet
SP: that is
SP: it should be here in the morning
SP: by which i mean
SP: in a couple of hours =_=
SP: have
SP: you talked
SP: to
SP: the others?

Landon shook his head. While the world around him came into focus, he started getting his bearings. He was... in his room, yes. Surrounded by... his stuffed animals? And... everything was all over the floor. His clothes covered almost every square centimeter of his room; that shit looked like a tornado hit it. Huh. He must've put a little more powder into his chocolate milk than usual... "Wait. It's clear now," he thought. "The tin was almost empty... Argh! Shouldn't have dumped the whole thing in... Sis always reminds me that I have to carefully measure exactly 1 and 7/8ths of a tablespoon, or else I go into a sugar rush..." A throbbing sensation inundated his cranium, and just then a beep went off. Landon shook his head; maybe he made up the sound, he couldn't be sure.

Then he saw his computer monitor. That damned glowing screen. What a thing to be beholding during such a horrible bender.

He got up from the floor, and walked slowly towards the electronic apparatus.

DS: hy. what's up?
DS: to skyp the usual commencyng pleasantryes
DS: Y am not good
DS: Y'm on a chocolate mylk hangover. and damn yf Y hate yt.
DS: anyways
DS: whats up wyth that game everyone keeps talkyng about??

Last edited:
Having conquered Sgrub one and a half sweeps ago, Krinei had engaged in "trolling" some of the humans that formed part of the reward. Although the humans had always rejected her suggestions, especially Landon, she had only wanted to see them beat Sburb, though not in the way they would necessarily expect.

Rubbing her unibrow, then placing her contact lenses into her glance nuggets, or "eyes", as humans called them, she changed into another one of her many black Scorpio T-shirts, then hit up Landon via her husktop.

**blackoutInspector [BI] began trolling disconsolateSpume [DS] --
BI: Hey +hëre, ßhådow drppr. |:P

Last edited:
Landon's mood had felt slightly better talking to Willow; she always had a very soothing effect on him. His head-throbbing was now at a low enough intensity to handle, when he noticed another window pop up on his monitor.

Oh no.

DS: oh my god
DS: you've got to be kyddyng me
DS: not you agayn dammyt
DS: what do you want now you yncessant blyght
DS: you can stuff your recommendatyons up your rumpus collyder or whatever you wyerdos call butts.

Last edited:
Sadie yawned loudly, stretching her arms up to the ceiling as she hopped out of bed. No classes today, which meant she could stay at home! And talk to her friends! She slipped into the kitchen doing mini-pirouettes (hey, if she wasn't in a show she had to practice somehow) until she caught Big Sis giving her incredibly weird looks. She grinned sheepishly, sitting down at the table and turning on her laptop.

The first thing she opened after her laptop started was Pesterchum. She took a few seconds to look over the friends list, checking who was on; oh! Willow's on! She bagan pestering her relentlessly; Sadie never was a patient person.

**dramatisPersonae [DP] began pestering phantasmalTendril [PT]
DP: willow!!!!!
DP: willllllllllllllowwwwwwwwwwwww
DP: on the willowwwwws theeeeere~
DP: how are you doing????

She couldn't resist the musical pun, of course.

yooooooooo after every post with a musical pun i plan on writing a little bit to explain it

"on the willows there" is the first line of a song called On the Willows from Godspell, which is a lovely musical, and a lovely song~

What Landon didn't know what that this was actually the first time Krinei had ever spoken to him - it was just that she was not using the timeline in a linear manner.

Krinei was still bemused by the fact that Landon had such a negative reaction to her, though.

DS: you can stuff your recommendatyons up your rumpus collyder or whatever you wyerdos call butts.

BI: "Å9aíñ"? This iß +hë firs+ +ímë I've ëvér spökeň +o ý!
BI: Yøu sée, Í'm nø+ "+rołlïn9" yóü ïn ã łiňëär mñnr.
BI: Äñd Í'm wãrňın9 ýóu 9ň.
BI: The 9amë yöü'łl bé 9++ň9?
BI: İf ÿöu dóň'+ wån+ tø çâušé +he åpòçałýpşe, döñ'+ bo+hêr wï+h +. |:)

(OOC: ILS, could you change "dröpper" to "drppr" in your post's chatlog? I forgot the quirk for that one, in which Krinei omits all vowels in the last word of each sentence.)

Landon couldn't believe this. Nonlinear trolling? Can these douches get any more annoying? Before he could get angrier, he doubled in pain, clutching his cranium. Damn chocolate milk.

DS: ok what the actual fuck
DS: how do Y know you're tellyng the truth?
DS: Y mean you've embarrased me or made me embarrass myself on numerous occasyons, and my fryends started to questyon my sanyty because Y know what you guys are: alyens. there, Y sayd yt.
DS: my fryends thynk you're actual humans trolls
DS: as yn those douchebags who patrol message boards and youtube comments. and another thing-
DS: wayt a mynute.
DS: how do you know Y'm gettyng a game.

Agnes woke up abruptly. "Holy crap, i've been asleep for this long?!" She no longer remembered the day, it felt like she was asleep for four days. She looked around at her surroundings; she was still in her room, it was still covered in cheap posters she either printed out or asked her parents to buy, much to their chagrin. Her bed was covered with comic books and textbooks on mythology that she got for her birthday a while back and already read. Her stomach growled, making sense since she didn't eat for several days. She grabbed her laptop, which was miraculously still on with a moderate amount of battery left, and was about to message some of her chums as she went downstairs to get something to eat. She grabbed an apple and opened Pesterchum.
No one has messaged me recently...bummer...she thought to herself. She thought that she might as well wait for someone else to message her first, she hated initiating conversations herself. Unfortunately, that never occurred so she decided to start the conversation.

**lackadaisicalLamia [LL] began pestering somniferousPolymer [SP]**
LL: dude what up
LL: i don't know what day it is
LL: i think i slept for four days but i'm not sure
LL: but no one messaged me in the time that i was asleep so i thought you guys wanted to ignnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
She started typing, but as soon as she tried typing "ignore" she fell asleep on her keyboard.

Krinei realized that Landon knew the trolls' true identity, but she still thought, He just doesn't get it, does he?

DS: Y mean you've embarrased me or made me embarrass myself on numerous occasyons, and my fryends started to questyon my sanyty because Y know what you guys are: alyens. there, Y sayd yt.
DS: as yn those douchebags who patrol message boards and youtube comments. and another thing-
BI: Ï åłrēadÿ +òld ÿøü - ñônłíňéår +rłln9.
BI: İ hävé ñö+ bêën špêäkıň9 +ö ýoú ïñ çhrønöłogíčäl rdr.
BI: Î čäň sêē ïn+ö ÿøūr f+r. |:)

Willow took a break from pestering her friend Rory to ease Landon's mind. She was certain that it was visibly pulsating right now. That boy knew no limits! She couldn't wait until he discovered Red Bull.

DS: hy. what's up?
DS: to skyp the usual commencyng pleasantryes
DS: Y am not good
DS: Y'm on a chocolate mylk hangover. and damn yf Y hate yt.
DS: anyways
DS: whats up wyth that game everyone keeps talkyng about??
PT: i was just telling rory about it!!!
PT: i dont really know much about it myself. i guess rory will be the first one to get the game, maybe he can tell us then!!
PT: apparently its a lot like the sims!!
PT: but its more powerful??? thats what they say anyway. i dont know what that means, maybe its faster or something???
PT: and you need to cut it out with the ovaltine mister!!!

DS: haha no
DS: chocolate mylk ys heavenly nectar
DS: and ovaltyne's for plebs. get your facts strayght wyllow. Y only drynk blends. myne is 1/4 ovaltyne and 3/4 kresto. google yt yf you must.
DS: and you're talkyng to rory, huh?
DS: yeah ryght now I'm talking to one of those 'troll' scrubs. those guys bother me all the freakyn' time.
DS: syms? really? that sounds... boryng, actually. by more powerful they probably mean somethyng NEW and YMPROVED lyke more noses or somethyngl

PT: well maybe it will be boring!! i guess well see..
PT: but really i was pretty impressed with the noses from sims 3!! i mean really!! it was a pretty huge step!!
PT: ok actually what am i even talking about??
PT: also ovaltine is not for plebs!!! youre a pleb!! youre a stupid stupid pleb landon!!
PT: i didnt mean that I am so sorry.. :(

DS: yt's okay, yt's okay. many tymes Y've found myself ryled up because of my favoryte beverage. epysodes lyke that usually end wyth me yssuyng death threats, but that's besyde the poynt.
DS: yeah, Y /guess/ Y can concede that poynt about the noses. on a related note, a fryend of myne told me syms 4 sucks. don't buy yt, Y guess.
DS: ovaltyne ys actually for plebs
DS: Y often drank yt as a chyld but yt's actually of an ynferyor qualyty. yt's good yn small doses; thys ys why Y I cut kresto wyth ovaltyne.
DS: Y'm a chocolate mylk connoysseur yf you haven't notyced.
DS: Y have a certyfycate from the chocolate mylk lover's assocyatyon. have Y ever showed yt to you?

Willow chuckled and minimised Landon's tab for a later date. Perhaps he would cool off on his own; she seemed to be making the situation much worse. She opened the tab with Rory again, and began typing her response.

SP: not yet
SP: that is
SP: it should be here in the morning
SP: by which i mean
SP: in a couple of hours =_=
SP: have
SP: you talked
SP: to
SP: the others?

PT: yeah im talking to landon right now!!
PT: no one else really knows anything about the game so you have to tell us all about it!!!
PT: im not really sure if im going to get my copy, most mail doesnt ever reach my house......
PT: i mean i live in a tree for crying out loud!!
PT: and if i do get my mail the mailmen usually take a part of it...
PT: ive received just envelopes before...
PT: probably because they think they can take from the stupid girl in the tree and get away with it!!!
PT: well i wont have it. anyway if i dont get my game then you know what happened... 3:

SP: ah yes
SP: the disadvantages of living in an arboreal abode =_=
SP: i forgot to ask
SP: did your parents
SP: have some twisted sense
SP: of humor
SP: when they named you willow
SP: or do they just have a massive hard-on for trees
SP: =_=

PT: uh well...
PT: i dont really know!
PT: i havent seen my Parents!! apparently they had me during their honeymoon and theyre still on it???
PT: i mean really whose honeymoon lasts Sixteen Years??
PT: i guess they didnt really know i would live in a tree!!
PT: but now the joke is on them.. theyre all saggy now and still in their honeymoon phase!! bwahahaha!! >:3

Just as Rory was finishing his conversation with Willow, a new window appeared. This time, it was Agnes pestering him. Rory read over the chat log and began to type.

LL: but no one messaged me in the time that i was asleep so i thought you guys wanted to ignnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

SP: how can you even
SP: sleep that long
SP: i swear to god
SP: its like
SP: youre sleeping for the both of us =_=
Rory sighed and shook his head. Although he thought it was pretty lazy behavior, he couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy when listening to his friend's sleep habits.

Agnes woke up, startled, and realised she was still typing a very long message consisting of the letter "b" over and over and over. She quickly got to typing a response to Rory, who was probably waiting for sometime.

LL: shit sorry how long was i asleep again
LL: ik ik but i've been falling asleep a crapton lately and i don't know why
LL: if it's narcolepsy i'll cry but oh well
LL: anyway what's shakin bacon is it all good in the neighbourhood
LL: christ that was lame
LL: anyway
LL: have you talked to any of our other friends because none of them have contacted me and you know how i am about starting conversations
LL: i've been getting kind of worried and whatnot

Rory was surprised when he heard the notification sound on Pesterchum. He didn't expect his friend to wake up anytime soon.

LL: have you talked to any of our other friends because none of them have contacted me and you know how i am about starting conversations

SP: you were asleep through a whole
SP: episode of breaking bad
SP: idk how you can do that =_=
SP: ive told you
SP: about that weird power i have right?
SP: the one where i can
SP: put people to sleep
SP: (and no)
SP: (not by lecturing them about electron tomography)
SP: (dont even fuckin ask)
SP: well ive tested it with willow
SP: and it doesnt
SP: work over pesterchum
SP: so rest
SP: assured it aint that =_=
SP: speaking of which
SP: i have talked
SP: to willow
SP: she is still
SP: waiting for this sburb
SP: or whatever its called

Landon couldn't believe how intrusive this nuisance was, but his curiosity was piqued. His future? Maybe he could ask the troll if his love life would be any good, if they'd fail horribly... No. He couldn't ask that; he'll form expectations, and then the butterfly effect would send them hurtling towards something God-knows-what... He shook his head once more, and began typing out a reply.

BI: Ï åłrēadÿ +òld ÿøü - ñônłíňéår +rłln9.
BI: İ hävé ñö+ bêën špêäkıň9 +ö ýoú ïñ çhrønöłogíčäl rdr.
BI: Î čäň sêē ïn+ö ÿøūr f+r. |:)

DS: before Y contynue my rant, Y just realyzed Y forgot my manners
DS: good day, syr/madam, my name ys landon perryvyew spader. yt's an astoundyng unpleasure & dyshonor to make your aquayntance.
DS: anyways, what are you doyng lookyng ynto my future, you nosy bugger?dyd Y gyve you permyssyon? no, Y dyd not. stop ryflyng through my lyfe, you syck extraterrestryal. can you only look ynto my future, or can you also look ynto my past?

The mother of all headpulses afflicted Landon now. It must be some sick combination of my allergies, my hangover, and this exasperating troll, he thought, wiping away some stray boogers with a hanky. To take his mind off of it, he decided to bother one of his other friends.

**disconsolateSpume [DS] began pestering lackadaisacalLamia [LL]**
DS: yo there pardner
DS: how are thyngs?
DS: excyted for that sbubble game wyllow keeps talkyng about?

Last edited:
Zephyr lay miserably on his floor, watching several screens that adorned the ceiling of the room. Most were filled with static, but one was following this Landon human. These humans intrigued Zephyr, predominately because he had nothing better to due now that he was suffering from some sort of illness and was forced to seclusion. A few other screens had various GrubTube videos playing, Zephyr feeling the need to sub-consciously get caught up on them.

The Landon human looked frustrated, and Zephyr quickly deduced why. Reaching lazily above his think-pan, he grabbed his headset and opened a Trollian window.

**vaguelyboundWanderer [VW] began trolling blackoutInspector [BI]**
VW: ~OH GOG MY CARTILAGINOUS NUB~
VW: ~HOW, ON SUCH A DESOLATE PLACE, DID I GET SICK, IT MAKES NO SENSE~
VW: ~ANYWAYS, THAT'S NOT THE REASON I CONTACTED YOU~
VW: ~WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING THE LANDON HUMAN?~
VW: ~I UNDERSTAND YOUR CURIOSITY, BUT CLEARLY HE HAS NO INTEREST IN MAINTAINING ANY FORM OF COMMUNICATIONS~
VW: ~IF I MAY MAKE A SUGGESTION, PERHAPS YOU SHOULD CONTACT A MORE FRIENDLY ONE?~

Willow was getting ready to close her laptop to go to sleep, but something interrupted her.

Beep!

Willow lifted the lid to investigate, and an obnoxious, lime-coloured string of text stood alone in a conversation box.

Willow sighed. It was this Nasty Troll again! She debated on whether she should just close her laptop and go to sleep or carry on the conversation. Perhaps the Troll had changed in the past two hours, after all. Willow would give him one more chance.

** covertIntelect [CI] began trolling phantasmalTendril [PT]
PT: hi!! howd you get past the block??
CI: If I was truly chindered by a simple block, I wouldn't be a very good troll, would I?
PT: i guess not!! it still doesnt really answer my question though.........
CI: Ach. Yes. Your insolent little question. Well, if you must know, I don't use tche Pesterchum client like you. I use Trollian; and Trollian doesn't really care about blocks.
PT: fair enough i guess!!!
CI: Indeed. Well, I'll get to tche point, I suppose.
CI: Wchen I said I choped you would die a terrible deatch, I wasn't just being a chaughty ass. This... game of yours may very well send you to your makers... in more ways tchan one.
CI: I won't spoil the game too much for you, but it's a tricky one indeed. I schould know.
CI: I chelped invent it.
CI: At any rate, I want you to be very careful, Willow. I like you. I do not wish to see you perisch.
CI: Be careful out there. The Medium can be a chard, chard place.

** covertIntelect [CI] ceased trolling phantasmalTendril [PT]

Willow closed her laptop, somewhat perplexed. She had no idea what the Troll had said or what it meant, but she supposed she would find out in the morning. Willow had the strangest feeling that the Beta she was receiving as more than a Beta. She had a great journey ahead of her.

SP: you were asleep through a whole
SP: episode of breaking bad
SP: idk how you can do that =_=
SP: ive told you
SP: about that weird power i have right?
SP: the one where i can
SP: put people to sleep
SP: (and no)
SP: (not by lecturing them about electron tomography)
SP: (dont even fuckin ask)
SP: well ive tested it with willow
SP: and it doesnt
SP: work over pesterchum
SP: so rest
SP: assured it aint that =_=
SP: speaking of which
SP: i have talked
SP: to willow
SP: she is still
SP: waiting for this sburb
SP: or whatever its called

LL: sburb? what the hell is that 8|
LL: actually i think i may have heard about it from maybe sadie or someone
LL: maybe one of the trolls
LL: but its not like they talk to me anymore anyway
LL: i'm really not sure but its not surprising you heard about this from willow of all people i guess
LL: has she explained it at all or said anything about it??
LL: i suppose i'll ask her about it or some shit idk

Agnes was still a bit sleepy, but her conversation with Rory was at least going somewhere interesting. She decided that sburb started to intrigue her, so she messaged Willow about it.

**lackadaisicalLamia [LL] began pestering phantasmalTendril [PT]
LL: sup stranger
LL: you like never talk to me anymore
LL: is it cause im asleep all the time
LL: anyway thats not the point
LL: rory mentioned something about you mentioning some game called sburb and i wanna know more about it
LL: does it have mythology in it
LL: you know like mythical creatures and shit

Back
Top Bottom