• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Should AIDS be cured?

Should people try to find a cure or vaccination for AIDS?

• um yeah

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • No, because [something about overpopulation goes here]

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • No, because people who make stupid decisions and those who consort with idiots deserve whatever they

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Doesn't affect me so I... don't really care

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That-is-what-you-call-over-kill-he-al-ready-said-he-feels-stupid-and-wrong-way-to-be-dick-heads.
yeah but he should feel stupid and wrong for having fucking stupid opinions.

Just a question here, by that train of thought should we stop trying to find a cure for cancer as well. I mean the only one we can sort of prevent right now is womb cancer but it serves those cheap whores right for having sex. And those fuckers who smoke, they deserve to die too. And those guys who like to catch some rays. And those guys who become old I don't care about their prostates, jeez, let them keep 'em.

I'm not gonna dignify this with a proper argument since Eevee beat me to it and said it so much better so I'm ranting.

So you'd rather let millions of people die because "it's punishment"? That's nice. Maybe we should remove every forest within sight because it impedes our natural development. Or let the oceans choke from our waste because it's "survival of the fittest".

And don't use the condom argument. Would you entrust your whole well-being on a balloon?

AIDS is a pandemic. It affects people worldwide. If we let it roam we're dead in a century or so.

It's getting to be less of a problem in developed countries, with better education as to how to prevent it, clean needles being available to IV drug users and the odds of getting it from a blood transfusion is absolutely miniscule, but it's absolutely ravaging the third world countries and leaving millions of children orphaned.

While I agree that there certainly needs to be a cure - or at least better treatment, what with AIDS and HIV becoming increasingly AZT resistant - the biggest emphasis needs to be put into education in third world countries. Babies can get AIDS from their mother's breast milk - the mother is sentencing her child to death without even realizing it and I can't think of anything more sad. It's so easily preventable, but ignorance allows it to kill so many people.

Fer-Snazzle, you should watch RENT ;;

...This thread is a joke, right?

Sleeping around is not worthy of death. I fail to see why someone who's raped should be forced to die if it can be avoided.

well if i get raped tomorrow i might as well commit suicide.
hell, it's faster and slower than AIDS™ death!

So, Fer-Snazzle, you're saying that not only should everyone who "sleeps around" die a painful death, but that they deserve to die just because they had premarital sex? Okay then, if THAT's the punishment for having premarital sex, I guess that a two year old that unknowingly stole something from a store deserves to get AIDS. I suppose all of those people who spend their lives making the world a better place, who just happened to have premarital sex a time or two, deserve to get AIDS as well. Oh, and for the hell of it, why not go punish the child that was born because of the premarital sex? And what about that poor little girl being raped, hmm? Oh what the hell, give them AIDS as well, because after all, they "did nothing wrong".

Of course AIDS needs to be cured! Everyone who has AIDS deserves to have it cured. Whether they're the lowliest scumbag on the earth or not, there is no reason that we can't find a cure for aids and distribute it. The entire idea that everyone who has premarital sex has to be killed because of it is absolutely idiotic.

Sometimes I wonder how people with such low brain capacity survive in the world.

Hahaha no aids should not be cured its your fault, unless of course you fell victim to rape... THATS IT they should make a cure but only provide it to rape victims and people born with it!

Hahaha no aids should not be cured its your fault, unless of course you fell victim to rape... THATS IT they should make a cure but only provide it to rape victims and people born with it!

well if we should all die for having sex who the hell is going to raise our children.

HEY BY THE WAY, CONDOMS AREN'T FOOLPROOF

besides, if you have aids DONT have sex dee-dee-dee.
before constructing any more enlightened knee-jerk opinions on the fate of the human race, you may wish to take into account that untold millions of people are infected with HIV and do not know.

also wow stealing a catchphrase from a mediocre racist comedian trying to fill the void left by a slightly less mediocre racist comedian. aren't you edgy

before constructing any more enlightened knee-jerk opinions on the fate of the human race, you may wish to take into account that untold millions of people are infected with HIV and do not know.

also wow stealing a catchphrase from a mediocre racist comedian trying to fill the void left by a slightly less mediocre racist comedian. aren't you edgy

Carlos isn't racist! He just tells the truth! :D and the show is funny.
back to aids we should make it illegal to have children, or kill every human that is born for the next 20 years to bring down the population a bit then make it a law that you can only have 1 child!

Carlos isn't racist! He just tells the truth! :D and the show is funny.
back to aids we should make it illegal to have children, or kill every human that is born for the next 20 years to bring down the population a bit then make it a law that you can only have 1 child!

You know, things like that (communism) sound good on paper, but it's not really a good way to run society

Either way, I'm confused as to why I started this thread. 'Tis very stupid when I read through it again.

...And yes, we do survive in groups...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom