• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's your favorite Fire Starter?

What's your favorite Fire Starter?

• Charmander

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
Hm. I think it's a more or less a tie between Charmander and Cynaquil, although I admit that I like Charmander largely because it evolves into Charizard, one of my favourite Pokémon. I adore Cyndaquil even regardless of the fact that it too has awesome evolutions. It's just so sweet. :3

Charmander. Well... The 1st generation Pokemon are my favorites, and Charizard is an awesome member of my team.

Last edited:
I love ALL of them, but Blaziken is pretty awesometastic. I like its hippie pants.

For this post, Torchic, cuz something that cute becoming a fighting type appeals to me.

But my overall favorite is Fenniken because its line are all magical girls pretty much

:)

And i love magical girl anime (such as pretty cure) a lot x3;

Mine is Cyndaquil. It's just cute, and awesome, and the evolutions are also great. And they were my first starter. Charmander is my second. Also great and I like the design and it looks like a dragon and is fiercer than Dragonite, the og dragon.

Torchic is really cute and blaziken is just AWESOME, one of the only starters i actually kept on my team.
and then i also like the litten line, and i sort of like the fennekin line and i picked scorbunny because scorbunny is pretty cool. Actually i usually choose fire.

Gen 1 - Charmander
Gen 2 - I hate all gen 2 starters so i pick cyndaquil then dump it in a box
Gen 3 - I like em' all really but i usually go with torchic.
Gen 4 - I did a fighting-type monotype run of D/P the first time so i had to pick chimchar, named Chimmy (or was it Chim Chim? i forget) because 10 year old me had a dumb sense of humour.
Gen 5 - I don't like these either. So i put them in a box.
Gen 6 - I like them all, but... i do really like fennekin but i picked froakie.
Gen 7 - I play through this game, resetting and putting the starters in pokémon bank three times. If i only could pick one, it'd be popplio for primarina.
Gen 8 - Scorbunny is probably the best. But i don't mind sobble/drizzile/intellion.

My opinion on each gen fire starter...

Gen 1- Charmander and his evos are cool <3 I like them.
Gen 2- Cyndaquil's line has been one of my favorites. Typhlosion is awesome. I'm actually even huger a Chikorita line fan, though...haha <3
Gen 3- I LOVE the Torchic line. My general go to on this gen :3 yay for fire and fighting chickens x3
Gen 4- Chimchar's line is also my fav for this one :)
Gen 5- Probably my least favorite fire starter, the final evo is ugly to me.....lol xP
Gen 6- I ADORE THE FENNIKEN LINE <33333
Gen 7- Also adore the litten line <3
and
Gen 8- Scorbunny is best gen 8 starter, hands down :) So cute its a bunny omg x3 its evos are great too

For the record, I like most starter pokemon in general; though ones I find the final evos a bit ugly, I probably won't use as much lol.

I'm also a little mixed feelings about treecko.....he's cool, but i didn't like how he was the starter i picked when i restarted my sapphire file due to insecuritiy one time >_<;;; still, probably more like than hate, since his line DOES look very cool to me. But some bitter feelings too i guess.

EDIT: Ahhhh.....Probably won't give a like to Emmy's post, because I REALLY like johto's starters, overall.....haha :P

when i was in the boy scouts, i was always looking for the easy way out, so i was a big fan of low effort tricks you could use to get a big fire burning with minimal effort—packing the kindling with drier lint or soaking the wood in lighter fluid, for example. now that i've been away from all that for a few years, though, i find building a fire the natural way much more rewarding, though of course i allow myself a lighter these days rather than the old flint and steel i was required to use before.

when i was in the boy scouts, i was always looking for the easy way out, so i was a big fan of low effort tricks you could use to get a big fire burning with minimal effort—packing the kindling with drier lint or soaking the wood in lighter fluid, for example. now that i've been away from all that for a few years, though, i find building a fire the natural way much more rewarding, though of course i allow myself a lighter these days rather than the old flint and steel i was required to use before.
Sh*tposting at it's finest.

For the most part I prefer the final evolution in each line. Of those my favourite design is Delphox. But funnily enough, I have actually never used it - I never played Generation VI.

... that poll really needs to be updated.

I like Cyndaquil, Torchic, and Litten.

the rest... can perish.

*Hugs Charmander, Torchic, Chimchar and Scorbunny and Walks off with them in my arms so they don't perish.*

Nothing is stopping all the others Tepig from being destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom