• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

The announcement was made only yesterday, so we were unable to include them in the supplementary document for this financial briefing, but the latest installments from the Pokémon franchise, “Pokémon Omega Ruby” and “Pokémon Alpha Sapphire” will be released globally for Nintendo 3DS in November this year. They are full-remakes of the Game Boy Advance “Pokémon Ruby” and “Pokémon Sapphire” games, which sold more than 5.44 million units in Japan and more than 16.22 million units worldwide.
Fret not, they are indeed remakes.

Granted, "remake" might not mean exactly the same thing to Japanese business executives as it does to us.

So hey, has anyone noticed how the cover legendaries look slightly different?

Is it possible, perhaps, that they could be mega evolutions?
I did, and it's weird. Groudon reminded me from the one from the Jirachi movie. Kyogre just looks awesome.

Yeah, I did too, but it's really pretty subtle redesigns. If there were mega evolutions I think they would have been in the XY code. Actually, there are mega evolutions for Latios and Latias in the XY code.

Yeah, I did too, but it's really pretty subtle redesigns. If there were mega evolutions I think they would have been in the XY code. Actually, there are mega evolutions for Latios and Latias in the XY code.
I think they're going to add several new megas and then just patch it in to x/y. After all, they proved they could with the lumiose city thing.

Japanese press is calling them "new Pokémon" which is PR talk for a new forme or Mega Evolution.

They can always just patch XY for compatibility.

I think they're going to add several new megas and then just patch it in to x/y. After all, they proved they could with the lumiose city thing.

What I am clearly missing something

EDIT: googled it, oh yeah I vaguely remember that.

What I am clearly missing something

When XY first released there was a bug that broke the game if you saved in Lumiose city. So they released a free update on the eshop that fixed it. I think it changed some other minor things but I'm not sure about that.

The problem with that though is that it doesn't reach people who don't play online. What if someone had a mega Sceptile in ORAS and tried to battle (locally) against someone with an unupdated XY?

Changing the subject, am I the only one who thinks it's reasonable, perhaps, that Volcanion could appear naturally somewhere in Hoenn? I mean, considering the obvious dichotomy between magma and aqua...fire and water...Perhaps inside Mt. Chimney or something, in a place accessed via what was the Magma Hideout in Emerald (considering they're probably going to be using the Lilycove hideout for both teams again)

I know it's unlikely and Volcanion is probably just another event legendary, but one can hope.

The problem with local battling is interesting. Perhaps it would just deny the fight from happening since it would be able to detect which version of X/Y they'd be using? That's assuming they patch X/Y to begin with, since they would just force new things in the same generation to disappear for stuff like Giratina and Rotom's new forms. I do hope they go the extra mile, assuming once again that there are new things in OR/AS besides just the game itself.

Just had another thought, maybe the roller skates will replace the acro bike.

[EXUBERANT TRUMPETING]
Just had another thought, maybe the roller skates will replace the acro bike.
i friggin' hope not. X was kind of ruined for me by naturally using the circle pad to run and then hitting every single thing because i didn't turn fast enough.

also really hoping we have a better camera than in XY. or better yet, a camera we can actually move on our own to some degree.

RespectTheBlade said:
So hey, has anyone noticed how the cover legendaries look slightly different?

Is it possible, perhaps, that they could be mega evolutions?
THE SPHERES ARE MEGA STONES!!!!!!!11!!!1

I...

I might actually get this game.

Though this means I'll have to buy a 3DS... Flip. I mean, Emerald was the last newgen I played... Secret. Bases. All of them. I want them all.

I'll make a prediction: the Red Orb and Blue Orb will be renamed the Alpha Orb and Omega Orb.

Maybe there'll be a Pokémon with two megas, but instead of being called Name X and Name Y, they'll be Name Alpha and Name Omega

I've decided. I'm going to complete the Pokédex in whichever game I get, under my own willpower, regardless of what I have to do. And it's going to be a living Pokédex, so I am going to have at least one of all 713 species of Pokémon somewhere in the PC. I did this with Platinum and I'm going to do it again now. The only thing I'm worried about is event legends. I have all the event legends through fourth gen in the aforementioned Platinum cart, though I'd prefer not to use those for the Hoenn game unless necessary (Celebi's already available through Pokémon Bank.) What I am worried about is the re-distribution of the fifth-gen legends, of which I have none. But at the same time, Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and Jirachi were all released at some point during DPPHGSS's life span, so I have no reason to believe that the fifth-gen legends will not be re-released for XYORAS. I'm gonna start working my way toward that tomorrow with White.

I feel it's the most fitting tribute I can give to my favorite region and I'd be kicking myself if I decided not to do it further down the road.

That box art... Is Groudon actually wearing an Omega on the back of his hand? Oh, and I guess Kyogre always looked a bit like the letter Alpha (it looks like a fish too). But then one is uppercase and one lowercase...

That box art... Is Groudon actually wearing an Omega on the back of his hand? Oh, and I guess Kyogre always looked a bit like the letter Alpha (it looks like a fish too). But then one is uppercase and one lowercase...

Yeah I think that's stretching it a bit.

But not as much as the people pointing out that the Team Magma/Aqua symbols look like an omega and alpha. They don't, they look like an M and an A. And A is obviously going to look like an alpha since they're basically the same letter.

I saw a theory online which said that Hoopa the teleporting ghost thing could represent Mt. Pyre, Diancie as Meteor Falls and Volcanion as Mt. Chimney. Also secret bases! I loved the underground in DPP, but the secret bases were so much better because instead of walking around endless tunnels looking for a hole you could build it in a tree. I still can't think how that tree could be big enough to accommodate a whole giant room.

It would also motivate me to finish a Hoenn game! I gave up on Norman ages ago... I was hoping he'd go easy being my father and all.

I never did get back to you with playing the Gym Leader Theme from RSE on trumpet. And I promised that like what, five, six damn years ago?
Don't sweat it, I don't even remember asking for any such thing. :D

but now youve jogged my memory gimme

Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile revealed.

Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon with Lightningrod, and Mega Swampert retains its typing but gets Swift Swim.

The CoroCoro leak also reveals new designs for the Team Magma and Aqua admins and some images of grunts, as well as a picture of Steven Stone with a gameplay shot that looks like something out of X or Y, fortunately for all of us looking for a beauteous Hoenn.

There's also a picture of what appears to be Mega Diancie.

Last edited:
aaaaaaaaaah I need Mega Swampert it's so ADORABLE ahhhhh *u*
Mega Diancie is ~sparkly as fuck~ oh my god. Bling much?

On a less squealy note, uuugh why did they redesign Tabitha into something not at all cool. He was my favourite Magma dude. :C
Steven is sufficiently fabulous, though! I can't wait to see the gym leader redesigns and gameplay footage or customization options or other cool stuff :O

Back
Top Bottom