• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Username Changing

Dude, I've had the same name for eight years of running this website and the literally one time I change it you start going "If she changes her name much more..."?

Actually I saw 2 other names, lol, so it was more of a joke. :P

The two other names was actually because when I changed my mind about having my name in allcaps, that turned out to be a headache to fix because usernames aren't case sensitive and the forum figured "oh, no, somebody already has that username!" So I had to change my name to Denchura in between. (And then there were more problems because it also refuses to let you change your name to a username another user, including yourself, had until recently, and I'm an unalterable admin so my username can't be changed in the admin CP, and blah blah blah.)

The two other names was actually because when I changed my mind about having my name in allcaps, that turned out to be a headache to fix because usernames aren't case sensitive and the forum figured "oh, no, somebody already has that username!" So I had to change my name to Denchura in between. (And then there were more problems because it also refuses to let you change your name to a username another user, including yourself, had until recently, and I'm an unalterable admin so my username can't be changed in the admin CP, and blah blah blah.)

Gotta love technology.

There's a neat trick. If you edit your post, you'll see a delete post button. From there it's self explanatory.

Pres "edit". Then, near the bottom, there is something that says "delete post". Click it, and a little tab will open, asking you if you really want to delete the message. There is also a reason for deletion, just like reason for editing.

What Kapton Jack is saying is that he can't delete green's post because he isn't green.

...except for the part where he already deleted his post. >>; I think he's saying that he can't see the option to change his username.

Well, one, I'm modly, so considering I'm changing names via the mod cp I don't think that would apply to me... but the very first thing I tried was to flip my name to 'Midnight', which it said was in use. Which, according to the thingy, was "already in use". Which, according to the members list, it is not. So.

Yes, like I said in one of my earlier posts, it won't let you change names to a name that has been in use recently except in the admin CP.

Yes, like I said in one of my earlier posts, it won't let you change names to a name that has been in use recently except in the admin CP.

Well, shoot.

How recent is recently? It seems to be more than a month, as opal changed Midnight to Jester on the ninth of October...

Well, shoot.

How recent is recently? It seems to be more than a month, as opal changed Midnight to Jester on the ninth of October...
I found the setting; it was set to two months. Set it to one month instead, since that rhymes with the name changing limit. Still keeping it around, because with people changing usernames, it is somewhat dangerous to let people register under a name somebody else has been using.

Back
Top Bottom