• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015 [ENDS SATURDAY 21st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultraviolet

sorry, i'm never going to stop being mad about it.
Staff member
Pronoun
she/her
Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015

In an event of seemingly last-minute Halloween cheer, a decrepit-looking mansion has appeared near Central Asber, surrounded by cold, creepy fog. Judging by the run-down state of the building, it seems to be abandoned, and judging from the howling and spooky aura the area gives off, it appears to be haunted (or Haunter-ed, as it were). Those who've been lucky enough to visit Sinnoh have recognised it as the Old Chateau, which normally resides in Eterna Forest. So, whether through some interdimensional-haunting-wormhole or some kind of spoooooky coincidence, there's a great big creepy building that's appeared in the middle of the night on Halloween. As usual, the citizens of Asber are keen to go have a look or maybe poke something with a stick, and the Asber League Staff just so happen to have a good excuse to let them do so...

Well, we can't leave this great big Chateau in the middle of Asber just haunting up the place, so we need to figure out why and how it's appeared here. What we do know from our scientific observations* is that it looks like it's going to stay for about a week, and that the resident Chateau Ghosts will eject you from the premises after a while. We have also uncovered a strange new variant of the Cornn Berry, Candy Cornn, inside the Chateau. While they don't taste very good and don't have the same effects as regular Cornn Berries, it seems likely that they're linked to the appearance of the Chateau, so we want to gather as many of them as possible so we can ... see what happens, I guess. Look, none of us are really experienced in paranormal shenanigans, okay?

*we made Negrek go and look at it
Scavenger Hunt
A1qQvOZ.png
A1qQvOZ.png
A1qQvOZ.png
A1qQvOZ.png
A1qQvOZ.png

So, given that we can only explore the Chateau for a small amount of time before being kicked out, we propose a Scavenger Hunt.

Rules:

• Each player can enter the Old Chateau once with a pokemon from their team. It doesn't matter if the pokemon is in your active squad or not. All players will start in the Entrance Hall. If you want to play, simply post in this thread with your chosen pokemon. You'll receive a reply from ultraviolet, Music Dragon, or Eifie telling you what's transpired.
  • Once in the Chateau, the aim is to collect as many pieces of Candy Cornn as possible. There are a few different actions you can take while in the Chateau - you can move to an adjacent room, examine an object, or command your pokemon to use a move. A map of the Chateau is available for you to browse at your leisure, in case you want to know how to reach the different rooms.
  • You can choose to interact with anything you want in a room. We'll post a picture of the room you're in for reference.
  • Each player gets eight (8) actions in the Chateau before you are whisked out of the building by ghosts, so think carefully about what you want to do in there!
  • You can only move to adjacent rooms. So, if you want to get to Bedroom 1, you must first go from the Entrance Hall to the Bedroom Hallway, and then to Bedroom 1. You can't use a pokemon move (like Teleport or Dig) to bypass rooms. You can backtrack and go back to rooms you have already visited, but it will still cost actions to do so.
  • We will tell you if you have found everything in a room.
  • This event is free and will go on until Sunday the 8th of November. At that point, all of the Candy Cornn will be tallied up, and you'll be able to exchange your Candy Cornn for fabulous prizes!

Map

xayBr1c.png

Disclaimer: The Asber Pokemon League is not responsible for any supernatural or natural injuries, deaths, hauntings, curses, or general feelings of creepiness sustained while exploring the Old Chateau. Any complaints should be redirected to the Pokemon League of Sinnoh, or any Halloween-themed Government Body. Participation in this event signifies your agreement to these terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015

Come along, little Barfie! <3

CIuryuD.gif

Can we pretend he's still a baby Zigzagoon?

Eifie:
Come along, little Barfie! <3

CIuryuD.gif

Can we pretend he's still a baby Zigzagoon?
Actions: 8/8
Candy Cornn: 0

m2a9VI6.png

You're the first to enter the Old Chateau! How exciting! Barfie is a little more reluctant, though. The Entrance hall is a bit dusty and grimy, and there are more than a few cobwebs hanging about. From here, you can go North to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and head West to the Storage Room, North to the Bedroom Hallway, or East to the Library. Or, maybe you'd like to examine something in the room?

Barfie snufts the floor, getting his nose all dusty.

Last edited:

Eifie:

m2a9VI6.png

You're the first to enter the Old Chateau! How exciting! Barfie is a little more reluctant, though. The Entrance hall is a bit dusty and grimy, and there are more than a few cobwebs hanging about. From here, you can go North to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and head West to the Storage Room, North to the Bedroom Hallway, or East to the Library. Or, maybe you'd like to examine something in the room?

Barfie snufts the floor, getting his nose all dusty.

Cute! :3

That statue's gotta be haunted, right? Barfie, think you can Charm its resident spirit into handing out some candy?

Eifie:
Cute! :3

That statue's gotta be haunted, right? Barfie, think you can Charm its resident spirit into handing out some candy?
Actions: 7/8

m2a9VI6.png

You and Barfie walk up to the old statue. It's a marble sculpture of some unrecognizable creature, frozen in a stern gaze. Barfie trots up to the base, and rubs against the statue with an unmistakable purr. You notice a rosy tint at the statue's cheeks... is it... blushing? Barfie winks, and the statue averts its eyes.

"W-we're supposed to keep these hidden... but you can have one of these. Just don't tell anybody, okay?"
A1qQvOZ.png

The statue hands you one piece of Candy Cornn, but you can tell it's a bit hesitant to do so.

Eifie:

m2a9VI6.png

You and Barfie walk up to the old statue. It's a marble sculpture of some unrecognizable creature, frozen in a stern gaze. Barfie trots up to the base, and rubs against the statue with an unmistakable purr. You notice a rosy tint at the statue's cheeks... is it... blushing? Barfie winks, and the statue averts its eyes.

"W-we're supposed to keep these hidden... but you can have one of these. Just don't tell anybody, okay?"
A1qQvOZ.png

The statue hands you one piece of Candy Cornn, but you can tell it's a bit hesitant to do so.

H-hey, Barfie! That's not what I meant! You have a dead wife at home!

Let's just head upstairs, okay?

If we can pretend that Barfie is still a baby, then why not pretend that a fucking whale is miniaturized?

wailord
smol whale

Eifie:
H-hey, Barfie! That's not what I meant! You have a dead wife at home!

Let's just head upstairs, okay?

Which room are you entering? Going up the stairs on their own doesn't take an action, but moving to a different room does.

Keldeo:
I'll do the thing with the esteemed Pedri Nanezgan - er, a totally real small ghost friend!

gourgeist

m2a9VI6.png

You and Pedri Nanezgan enter the Entrance Hall. You can hear a giggle echo around the high-ceilinged room, but you're not sure if it's from creepy spirits, or from other Asber Citizens exploring the Chateau. Pedri Nanezgan shrugs, unable to tell if the laughter is ghostly or not. However, you do see Eifie and Barfie poking around with a statue on the other side of the room.

From here you can go North to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go West to the Storage Room, North to the Bedroom Hallway or East to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your pokemon to use a move?

Vipera Magnifica:
If we can pretend that Barfie is still a baby, then why not pretend that a fucking whale is miniaturized?

wailord
smol whale

m2a9VI6.png

You walk into the Entrance Hall with a fucking whale, who is miniaturized and floating next to you via the magic of Halloween. There are a few footprints in the dust, likely from other Asber citizens - wait, did those footprints just disappear? You notice Keldeo and Pedri Nanezgan nearby, looking around the Hall quizzically. a fucking whale looks around the room gloomily and feels out of her depth, for once.

From here you can go North to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go West to the Storage Room, North to the Bedroom Hallway or East to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your pokemon to use a move?

cmon, Delve! with your ghost powers, and my standing far away from this entire situation, I we have nothing to fear!
haunter

let's head up the stairs. say, don't those paintings look interesting? yeah. go check those out. I'll just be here. safe in my bed.

Eifie:

Which room are you entering? Going up the stairs on their own doesn't take an action, but moving to a different room does.

Oh, I thought the only adjacent upstairs room was the bedroom hallway? That's where I meant to go, anyway.

edit: oh now I get it, haha. don't mind me and my map-reading skills, Barfie, just... follow your nose...

Keldeo:

m2a9VI6.png

You and Pedri Nanezgan enter the Entrance Hall. You can hear a giggle echo around the high-ceilinged room, but you're not sure if it's from creepy spirits, or from other Asber Citizens exploring the Chateau. Pedri Nanezgan shrugs, unable to tell if the laughter is ghostly or not. However, you do see Eifie and Barfie poking around with a statue on the other side of the room.

Assuming Pedri is Illusioned as a Gourgeist, I'd like him to go up to the same statue, pretending to be an angered Chateau guard-ghost or whatever, and Snarl at it for the intimidation factor. Maybe also say something like "hey I saw what you did with that Zigzagoon over there, not cool, for safety reasons I'm going to have to divest you of the remainder of your Candy Cornn" or something while I stand around innocuously and pretend not to be his trainer or anything I guess? (sorry Eifie)

Otherwise, we'll just examine one of the plant pots over there. Even if we don't find anything, we'll at least have some mud balls to throw at the bad guys, right?

Poor li'l Bun Two Three Four is a bit scared, but she also loves candy corn(n), so she'll accompany me!

buneary

This looks fun.

Bringing my Meowth CateGory, time to search for berries in a spooky mansion!

Going in with Xero the (possibly murderous?) Aerodactyl.

aerodactyl

Deru, you're holding a Sachet, right? That'll attract ghosts, who will give us things, right? That's definitely how it works. And if it's not, you're a Dark-type, so ghosts can't really hurt you. And you have fire, in case we see zombies. Let's go.
houndoom

Meursault:

cmon, Delve! with your ghost powers, and my standing far away from this entire situation, I we have nothing to fear!
haunter

let's head up the stairs. say, don't those paintings look interesting? yeah. go check those out. I'll just be here. safe in my bed.

m2a9VI6.png

You stand uncomfortably in the doorway while Delve explores. Thick cobwebs hang from the ceiling and dust covers the floor, but you can tell from the footprints that people have been here recently. The murky light that filters in through the windows makes it hard to see, but you can make out a pair of paintings hanging on the far wall of the second floor. Delve floats toward them and beckons for you to follow. You make your way up the stairs; they creak ominously with every step.

You look at the leftmost painting first. It depicts a moonlit castle with bats flying out of it - it's actually kind of tacky. But in the foreground, someone has painted a piece of Candy Cornn!

The rightmost painting is completely identical to the first one, but instead of Candy Cornn, someone has drawn a piece of salty licorice on it. Gross.

-----

Eifie:

Oh, I thought the only adjacent upstairs room was the bedroom hallway? That's where I meant to go, anyway.

edit: oh now I get it, haha. don't mind me and my map-reading skills, Barfie, just... follow your nose...

Actions: 6/8
Candy Cornn: 1

LIT3ijg.png

A cold breeze drifts across your face as you enter the Bedroom Hallway, and the potted plants that line the hallway rustle slightly. The doors to the five bedrooms are all slightly ajar, as if waiting for you to enter. Barfie seems nervous...

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your pokemon to use a move?

-----

Keldeo:

Assuming Pedri is Illusioned as a Gourgeist, I'd like him to go up to the same statue, pretending to be an angered Chateau guard-ghost or whatever, and Snarl at it for the intimidation factor. Maybe also say something like "hey I saw what you did with that Zigzagoon over there, not cool, for safety reasons I'm going to have to divest you of the remainder of your Candy Cornn" or something while I stand around innocuously and pretend not to be his trainer or anything I guess? (sorry Eifie)

Otherwise, we'll just examine one of the plant pots over there. Even if we don't find anything, we'll at least have some mud balls to throw at the bad guys, right?

m2a9VI6.png

Pedri marches up to the marble statue with a scowl on his face.

"Oi!" He knocks on the statue twice. Nothing happens. Unimpressed, Pedri bares his pumpkin teeth and snarls viciously. "I know you're in there!" He grabs the statue and rocks it back and forth.

"Alright, alright, geez! Calm down!" the statue says. "Whaddya want?"

Pedri crosses his arms. "Oh, I just figured, since we're apparently giving away stuff for free now, that I'd stop by and grab some off of you."

"Oh. You saw that, did you." The statue coughs and scratches the back of its head. "Look, it gets lonely in here, and - "

"I don't wanna hear it!" Pedri says. "Just give it here."

"But - "

"That's an order."
A1qQvOZ.png

The statue squirms relucantly, but finally gives up one piece of Candy Cornn. Pedri hands it to you with a wink.

"Wait a minute, who's that human?" the statue says. "Hang on, why am I taking orders from - "

But before it can finish, the two of you have already made off and are now hiding behind the staircase, well out of sight.

Last edited:

What's that, Fluttershy? You don't like spooky stuff? Nonsense, this will build your character :D

eevee

okay seaborne, you've always wanted to solve a big case and be a Cool Detective Dog. that's totally what this is! not. not a way for me to get mad cash. not at all.

Lillipup

Vipera Magnifica:

m2a9VI6.png

You walk into the Entrance Hall with a fucking whale, who is miniaturized and floating next to you via the magic of Halloween. There are a few footprints in the dust, likely from other Asber citizens - wait, did those footprints just disappear? You notice Keldeo and Pedri Nanezgan nearby, looking around the Hall quizzically. a fucking whale looks around the room gloomily and feels out of her depth, for once.

Let us go forth to the Storage Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom