• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Twilight

She wrote you up for saying you didn't like a book?

I'm... pretty sure she's not supposed to be allowed to do that. :|

Yes. She wrote me up for saying I didn't like a book. Then tried to convert me. When are they gonna get it...?

I bet if I still had Lorine as a teacher this wouldn't be a problem. At least she has taste. >>

Zora, that is absolutely cruel of your teacher.

I read the series. I don't think it is a revolution in literature as we know it, though. It's okay, but there are definately better and more interesting books out there.

Haven't read it yet, but dear God...sparkling vampires. Sparkling FUCKING vampires. There is nothing about that that doesn't just scream "Bizarrely Successful Sue-fic". It might be fun to read just to see how bad it is.

And I liked Harry Potter, because at least Harry was, in my opinion, written well enough to not seem like a total Mary Sue, despite having pretty much every trait of one.

Yes. She wrote me up for saying I didn't like a book. Then tried to convert me. When are they gonna get it...?

I bet if I still had Lorine as a teacher this wouldn't be a problem. At least she has taste. >>

Complain to the administration! Fight the oppression!

Wow, people still post in this thread. XD

I've read the second book now, which on its own is much better than the first. It doesn't deserve most of the crap it gets, but it DEFINITELY doesn't deserve all the positive attention and fans and all that either. They're okay, they aren't bad, but they aren't masterpieces and there are still some pretty glaring problems.

I do like the way Meyer handled the obligatory werewolves though~ The vampires all kinda get on my nerves though. Except Alice. She is awesome. 8D

Neh, I like it.

Although, I don't know why, even though its generic and not my usual read.

Then again, this is one of those things that most people either hate it with much intensity, or love it to death. I usually end up like those kind of things <.<;;

Most of the stuff about mary-su-ness is pretty much true though. And Bella is kind of getting on my nerves now that I'm half-way through Eclipse. I mean, no one can be that selfless. She need to think about her own safety, not the safety of immortal vampires/werewolves who most likely won't die D<

I'm sure if I shanked one of the werewolves, they'd live.

Hehe, that's a nice thought.

Oh, and I keep getting weird looks from people when I'm reading the books on the bus or in class. Apparently, according to some random girl who talked on me on the bus about how great the series was, I'm the second boy she's seen reading and liking it :P

Neh, I like it.

Although, I don't know why, even though its generic and not my usual read.

Then again, this is one of those things that most people either hate it with much intensity, or love it to death. I usually end up like those kind of things <.<;;

Most of the stuff about mary-su-ness is pretty much true though. And Bella is kind of getting on my nerves now that I'm half-way through Eclipse. I mean, no one can be that selfless. She need to think about her own safety, not the safety of immortal vampires/werewolves who most likely won't die D<

I'm sure if I shanked one of the werewolves, they'd live.

Hehe, that's a nice thought.

Oh, and I keep getting weird looks from people when I'm reading the books on the bus or in class. Apparently, according to some random girl who talked on me on the bus about how great the series was, I'm the second boy she's seen reading and liking it :P

^This. I feel so awkward reading the book in class, for not only am I the only person in my school who has read the books, never the less LIKES them, but I'm a guy.

So I hide the cover behind a binder.

That would be mildly funny. Gather all your minions! Fight for your freedom!

You know, I laughed so hard when
Bella punched Jacob in the face and broke her hand.

Now that the movie came out, I've found out that students at my school have read the book. I'm not sure what to think about that.

I've read the first chapter. It's not that interesting, but I haven't checked out the book from the library yet, so I can't read the rest to see if it's as bad/good as people say.

I may see the movie in theaters, but I'm not going to go to the theaters to see it for another few weeks if I do. I don't want to be stuck in a theater with a bunch of over obsessive fan-girls of the series.

Lol, funny story. My friend was at school today, and at the end of school, every other girl in her class climbed into a bus and took off to see Twilight on the opening day. My friend was the only girl in the class for the afternoon.

True story.

As much as the movie may possibly fail, its soundtrack is made of awesomeness.

I think it's okay, hmm.

But I tend not to get too enthusiastic about much. Especially not series. I don't really fangirl anything, so yeah. I don't really get why it's such a big deal, but I don't hate it. I just think it's okay. I'm just like: "Oh... Twilight... yeah? It's fine... yeah." I've only read half of the first book and still haven't gotten past it. Why? Because I'm lazy. Uh-huh. Everyone's pressuring me to read it faster, but I take my damn time.

In other words, I mildly like it. Mildly. I'm probably incapable of fangirling anything, as I've said.

Though I don't like how Edward is so controlling and Bella so helpless. This I do find annoying. But I don't hate it intensely, nor do I fangirl squee over it. Overall, it is decent. Not the best, not the worst. Just decent.

Movie? Oh right, that. That that EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN MY SCHOOL is talking about. Well umm... I don't really care if I see it or not, to be honest.

Last edited:
Just saw the movie and it was amazing. =D Like soooo totally girlfriend! But that's the way to do it: you get together with all your little friends and go out in a squealing horde of fangirls and complaining guyfriends and giggle your head off.

And through the movie, we successfully managed to convert my friend Regi into a Twilight fan. This is a 170-pound football player guy, and he's going to show up at school next week reading Twilight. Victory is ours.

I'm just reading this to get an impression of what the book's like.
I'm sort of thinking about getting it to see how bad it is exactly but I don't want to waste money on something like this. whattodowhattodo

I counted around 30 different girls wearing Twilight junk on Friday... I'm a little creeped out.

No. I don't like Twilight. Sparkly Steak-Sauce Head (Edward Cullen) just irritates me to an extreme.

Back
Top Bottom