• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Headphones

Rwr4539

nice one, guys
Yeah I'm curious to know what kind you people with headphones.
I used to wear random crappy earphones, but recently I pinched my brother's Technics RP-DJ1200 and they work quite nicely.

I use creative zen in-ears that came with my Creative Zen. In-ears are wonderful as you can use extremely low volumes while maintaining a good sound (they block out other shit).

i use sennheiser hd 457s once in a while. they take some getting used to, having used earbuds for a few years, but now they're amazing and i wouldn't have it any other way.

^ Amazing value? I can't find a pair of their headphones for less than about 25 quid ):

I either use the ear buds that my MP3 player came with (which are pretty decent; practically the same as iPod ones, but a fraction of the price) or a pair of dj-style headphones my sister got me for my birthday. They're nothing fancy, but they work for me - especially because ear buds really hurt my ears after more than an hour of play; I make long journeys quite a lot of the time, so it makes headphones very preferable.

Earphones - I normally just slap in whatever.

an actual Headset.. I'd probably lean more towards logitech, i'd spend a good $50-60aud for headphones that worked well.

I keep buying skullcandy and loving them, but my earbuds inexplicably died after like two weeks and my headphones broke in half last week after 3-4 months of being awesome. :(

Skullcandy headphones are gorgeous and have lovely sound, but apparently you can go deaf using them and they break easily.

I just use my iPod earbuds, haha.

I don't wear headphones/earphones anymore, my mp3 player broke and so am I...

Before, I'd wear whatever I had. First the ones that came with my second mp3 player, then my old ones when those broke, then a pair of studio headphones, the poofy sort, that I swear are almost as old as I am when the second pair of earphones broke, then I bought a very cheap yet reasonably good pair of earphones. Then, as explained above, my mp3 player broke.

Skullcandy headphones are gorgeous and have lovely sound, but apparently you can go deaf using them and they break easily.

I just use my iPod earbuds, haha.

I have no mp3...my bro took it. =[ Though my dad got me these nice red headphones. By some company called JVC...uh...I dunno.

I have Sony MDR-EX75 in-ear headphones. They're very low impedance, but they have a warm sound with nice treble and bass, and only cost $50. Worth the money.

Earbuds.
And whatever my mom happens to buy me when I need new ones.

Although the spares she got me for Christmas... horrible sound quality. ><
I HAD a set of purple ones that were really nice and had fantastic sound quality (not sure of the brand though), but given how fast I blow through them since the ones that came with my iPod died they were bound to die eventually ><

And quite honestly I can't tolerate anything with the sound quality of an alarm clock radio without the static blasting into my ears, like with these new ones ><

I don't really like the earbuds that much. The majority of the time, they begin to hurt my ears. I like to have earphones that cover my ears. The one I use right now goes on my hear, but I want to save up for one that covers and goes around my ears.

Headphones are better for your hearing in the long-term and produce much stronger sound quality overall... the only thing ear buds have going for them is the external noise reduction, if you're into that.

I prefer the external noise reduction a lot and I have mine set to low volumes anyway (like a quarter or so)

I don't know if I have deformed ears or something but earphones never stay in my ears, so I'm a headphone person. As for brand, I just get the cheap stuff in the €2 Shop. Suits me fine.

I just use normal earphones pretty much; I found them on a road when I walked home. :]

I used to have awesome pair of proper headphones - not sure what they were - and the sound quality was fantastic... but they broke, as so many of my headphones have done in the past.

I've had 2 in-ear pairs before, but I always find that they go better into one ear than the other, or they are constantly getting slowly pushed out of my ears (am I doing it wrong?), so I don't use them any more... my parents bought me some Skullcandy earphones for Christmas, but I gave them to my brother because they were in-ear. Bad idea?

I got decent JVCs today for about £10. No inline remote, but they're decent.

Used to have Sony ones with the inlines, lasted me about a year of abuse.

EDIT: Did I say decent? I meant sensitive. It only lasted a day and the right channel's fucked and the left's already giving way. I need suggestions for durable earphones for about £15 or less.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom