• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ulqi-chan vs Zexion

Skyman

Well, it's been a while hasn't it?
Pronoun
she
Format: 2vs2
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, perish song
Arena Description: A nondescript, plain stretch of grassland. It has a few wild flowers here and there but otherwise has no distinguishing landmarks. It's probably really good stargazing material though.
Additional Rules: i mean you can go all out and demolish me but maybe you could be merciful and use first-stage babies like i am i mean i dunno just do your thing i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[size=+2]Ulqi-chan vs Zexion[/size]
Ulqi-chan's Active Squad

mareepJudas Fleece the male Mareep <Static>
wooperAlice Wooper the female Wooper <Water Absorb>
raltsKurt from Maine the male Ralts <Synchronize>
seedotDennis the Young the male Seedot <Early Bird>
sandileCreedence Clearwater Revivor the male Sandile <Intimidate>

Zexion's Active Squad

cyndaquilCinders the male Cyndaquil <Blaze> @ Fire Stone
shinxSparky the female Shinx <Intimidate>
nincadaJarfly the male Nincada <Compound Eyes>
aronIron the female Aron <Rock Head> EXP: ⚫
slowpokeKing the male Slowpoke <Oblivious> @ King's Rock
ruffletCaptain the male Rufflet <Sheer Force>
chespinChippy the male Chespin <Bulletproof>
cherubiCerise the female Cherubi <Chlorophyll> @ Leaf Stone
bergmiteBergmite the male Bergmite <Own Tempo> @ Quick Claw
yanmaMeadowhawk the male Yanma <Compound Eyes>

Ulqi-chan sends out.
Zexion sends out and commands.
Ulqi-chan commands.
I ref.

Last edited:
wooooo first battle

I'll start this out with Kurt. and i guess i could make extremely clever nirvana references the whole time but eh i am not that creative sometimes

Meadowhawk, it's your time to shine.

Alright, buddy, let's try and not to lose this upperhand too much. Let's go with a back and forth on Bug Buzz and Signal Beam. If he tries to protect himself, go with a Tailwind.

Bug Buzz/Tailwind ~ Signal Beam/Tailwind ~ Bug Buzz/Tailwind

Okay, Kurt, let's show them what your made of, which surprisingly isn't all grunge! Don't give me that look, either, I get you're bored or whatever but we gotta be a team here. >:T

Well, I guess since Meadowhawk is so fast we'll just have to take that first Bug Buzz--not to worry, though, because we'll shine a Confuse Ray on him for it. Let's follow up with Charge Beam after that, but if he ends up not attacking out of confusion, use Calm Mind and build up some power. Finally, let's hit him with a Thunderbolt and send some sparks flying.

Confuse Ray ~ Charge Beam/Calm Mind ~ Thunderbolt

Round 1

Format: 2vs2
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, perish song
Arena Description: A nondescript, plain stretch of grassland. It has a few wild flowers here and there but otherwise has no distinguishing landmarks. It's probably really good stargazing material though.
Additional Rules: i mean you can go all out and demolish me but maybe you could be merciful and use first-stage babies like i am i mean i dunno just do your thing i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A rather empty, isolated grassland greeted the three people as they were teleported in. After gaining their footing, the two battlers separated from the ref and his Kirlia and went to their respective "sides" on the field. The ref, meanwhile, pulled out an updated ASB rulebook and skimmed through it a bit. Quite a bit had changed since he last reffed under the old ASB, after all - like his Kirlia gaining a new type suddenly, for instance - so it was probably a good idea to have a reference always on hand.

The battlers, after a moment's deliberation, sent out their first pokemon - a Ralts and a Yanma. After giving their commands - and some argument/back-talk from the Ralts to his trainer - the battlers backed away from their Pokemon and the ref signaled the beginning of the battle.

Ulqi-chan OO

ralts.gif

Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
(Kurt) Ralts [M] <Synchronize>
Commands: Confuse Ray ~ Charge Beam/Calm Mind ~ Thunderbolt

Zexion OO

yanma.gif

Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
(Meadowhawk) Yanma[M] <Compound Eyes>
Commands: Bug Buzz/Tailwind ~ Signal Beam/Tailwind ~ Bug Buzz/Tailwind

---------

The moment the round began, Meadowhawk's wings began to vibrate, faster than anyone's eye could see, and a crack sounded through the air as his wings hit maximum speed. The battlers covered their ears - and the ref hid behind a protect barrier from his Kirlia - as a sonic wave crashed through the area towards Kurt, causing him to try in vain to cover his ears up to avoid the noise, worse than a horribly tuned guitar on a far too loud amplifier.

When the dust finally settled (and with several eardrums being at least slightly damaged), Meadowhawk was left flying around, pleased with himself, and a very annoyed (and temporarily hearing-impaired) Kurt giving him a death glare as he began to move his hands in an odd pattern. Meadowhawk, giving a curious look, starts to float over a bit closer before his eyes are suddenly filled with lights - many lights, all dancing about as far as he could see, almost obscuring everything else.

These lights, as pretty as they were, was also greatly disorienting, to the point that Meadowhawk struggled to think clearly, or even move properly. As he tried to right himself and do his trainer's command, he ended up somehow falling to the ground rather hard, hurting himself and not helping at all for his dancing light problem. Kurt, meanwhile, took the moment's reprieve to calm down a bit, collect his thoughts, y'know, maybe mentally play a song to get the horrible buzzing sound out of his mind.

Meadowhawk waited a couple minutes before trying to lift off again, managing to get into the air, before he began to try and vibrate his wings rapidly again. This time, however, instead of causing a sonic wave, all he managed to do was destabilize himself again, his wings vibrating completely out of tune with one another, making him crash into the ground again - at least this time cleared out some of the lights in his eyes. By this point, however, Kurt had finished his mental song, and thought it time to take a little revenge on his prior assailant. Gathering electrical energy from within his body, and using his now-focused mind to help strengthen the bolt, he pointed his hand at the collapsed Meadowhawk, before letting loose a powerful bolt of lightning, striking the bug right in the wings, causing the poor thing to let out a rather loud yelp of pain. The referee, upon the bolt hitting its target, immediately called the round over, as Kurt's got a huge grin on his face seeing how things ended up working out.

-------------

Ulqi-chan OO

ralts.gif

Health: 89%
Energy: 90%
(Kurt) Ralts [M] <Synchronize>
Commands taken: Confuse Ray ~ Calm Mind ~ Thunderbolt
Status: Has a cocky grin on his face, the match already in his favor. +1 Sp. Att, +1 Sp. Def

Zexion OO

yanma.gif

Health: 77%
Energy: 92%
(Meadowhawk) Yanma[M] <Compound Eyes>
Commands taken: Bug Buzz ~ Confusion smack ~ Confusion smack
Status: On the ground, trying to get his barrings. Moderately confused, 25% chance to hit self.

Notes:

-Sorry this took so long, I was surprisingly busy the past week.
-No crits were rolled, although thunderbolt came within like 15 of getting one.
-No Sp. Def drop on Bug Buzz. Similarly, no paralysis from Thunderbolt.
-Poor Meadowhawk rolled badly on both confusion checks.
-Meadowhawk's confusion went down after hitting himself the 2nd time (down to 40% confusion), and then down again due to the thunderbolt's power (25% confusion)
-Meadowhawk being on the ground is just flavor - he is still immune to ground-type attacks. Just thought it prudent to make that fully clear.
-For the next round, Ulqi-chan commands, then Zexion, and then I ref again.

hey heeeeeey i did a thing

Okay, so! He'll get over his confusion soon and I don't believe he's gonna be happy, so maybe we ought to try and paralyze him? Use Thunder Wave first. Let's try and follow that up with a good ol' Psychic. Then another Thunderbolt should do it. If for any reason he's unable to be attacked, use Calm Mind.

Thunder Wave/Calm Mind ~ Psychic/Calm Mind ~ Thunderbolt/Calm Mind

oops, busy week makes me forget things. oops.

either way, goodness how did i forget fairy types. whelp, meadowhawk, i made a mistake. hmm, difficult choices. let's launch a double team up first, hopefully we can get that rolling for us and make that thunder wave miss. follow that up with couple of air slashs. if for any reason your clones are gone or never appeared, replace with another double team.

double team ~ air slash/double team ~ air slash/double team

Back
Top Bottom