• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Platinum Discussion

Yarnchu

Yarn is comfy and easy to wear
Well....I guess just discuss Platinum here.

Some Pokemon Changes:

*Giratina has a new form, called the Origin Forme.
*Shaymin also has a new form, called the Sky Forme.
*The three Regis can be caught in Platinum, but only if you have the event Regigigas.

And then, the story changes:

*Sinnoh's climate is becoming colder, causing two new characters to start studying why this has happened.
*A new area, called the Torn World, will be explored.
*Dialga and Palkia are both awaken, then Giratina appears.

Finally, cosmetic changes:

*The main characters now wear clothing to suit the cold.
*The Pokétch has been redesigned.
*Floaroma Town has been changed slightly.
*Spear Pillar appears to have been changed slightly also, though right now it is hard to tell.

The Sky Forme looks like a DOGDEER. ._.

On the top side, nifty outfit changes and I'm pretty sure it'll be a great game, even if there're just minute changes in the overall storyline and all.

What about this rumour of wifi underground?
I'm not sure how it could work. Maybe different rooms, so it doesn't get clogged up?

This is gonna be the most fun third version since Emerald. Torn Dimension looks pretty sweet since it utilizes the third dimension, the new outfits are a welcome addition,(Especially since this is the FIRST game where the playable characters wear winter clothes) and it stars one of my favorite Pokemon. I can't wait to hear about other upcoming features for this game

I don't think they're going to have a WiFi underground...there'd be secret bases everywhere, wouldn't there? And more than one secret base in the same place...no, I don't think much of those rumours.

The Platinum game box looks cool, though. But is it shiny like the oens for Diamond and Pearl?

I'm not really too thrilled about the design of Shaymin's sky form, either. But Giratina's origin form looks cool.

Is anything known about the Torn World besides its name? It sounds interesting :P

This is gonna be the most fun third version since Emerald.

It'll also be the only third version since Emerald -_-

Is anything known about the Torn World besides its name? It sounds interesting :P

I've seen a screenshot where it's in an isometric perspective, with characters walking up walls and stuff. Looks a bit like a platformer game, but without all the jumping.

Torn world seems interesting, it's certainly different from the uniform plane of most places. I'm not too thrilled about Shaymin's sky form, but perhaps it'll grow on me. Giratina's origin form seems interesting, though. The only thing is that the forms seem more superfluous than anything, and it'll leave D/P players behind. I mean, at least the previous third editions had the decency to not introduce new pokemon that only the lucky owners of those versions could get. (Granted, Emerald had Speed Deoxys, but they got to miss out on Normal Form(e) Deoxys). The new Lucas form seems weird, I mean what self-respecting kid wears a giant napkin tie like that? At least D/P Lucas had an outfit a kid would actually wear, at least if you took away the beret. I guess I'd get used to it, but still... complaints aside though, looking forward to this. *prays for Battle Frontier-esque area*

I think that there is going to be a Battle Frontier type area, judging from some screenshots. Don't know 100% though. Just a guess.

I quite like Shaymin's sky forme although it does look a little silly. Lucas is now wearing what looks like a cravat and I have grown on Dawn's new outfit.

If Platinum is as much of an improvement on DP as Emerald was on RS, this is gonna be one heck of an awesome game. :)

The new outfits are win. Especially since the guy has a cravat-thing.

...Woah, dang, the latest update on Filb.de - is that the box art? Really awesome box art, if that's the case. :D

Pokémon also apparently have moving back sprites now.

I think Platinum will be pretty awesome, all things considering. It appears to have more drastic additions than the previous third games had, which is always nice.

Also, concerning the possible Wi-Fi underground - I find it quite obvious that of course you wouldn't see everybody who is in the underground at the same time as you. It would work just like Wi-Fi battles and trading (non-GTS) work right now - you invite some Wi-Fi friends who are online to go underground with you and then you can see them there but nobody else.

I hope you can do wi-fi underground. It would be so cool to see your friends move about in the game. I wonder if you would be able to find new items in the underground?

I disagree with most of you.

I think this game will be horrible. Isn't Crystal and Yellow third versions? o.o

That's what I thought.

Origin Giratina looks horrible.

Sky Shaymin looks like it will be hawt.:P

Back
Top Bottom