• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Zritty's Artz

Skroy

Eh... =P
To start off this thread, let me first say this: I finally got my very own Wacom Bamboo tablet! As of present, it has been very useful to me when it comes to drawing stuff (and also when taking notes in class and doing my homework). :D

Moving along now.... So yeah, I finally decided to make an art thread just 'cause. :P Knowing me, though, I probably won't update much since college is consuming a lot of my time. =/

In any case, here ya go:

Blue_capped_Shinx_by_Zritts.png

Cookie__by_Zritts.png

Umbreon_Portrait_by_Zritts.png

Look familiar? For those who have visited my albums, the above pictures should be familiar (I deleted my art album just so you know). The only difference is that they've all been revamped.

Now here are two a new pieces of work:

Winking_at_Ya_by_Zritts.jpg

http://zritts.deviantart.com/art/Love-is-in-the-Air-139870970
^The size of this image is too large to fit onto here. ^^;

And that's all there is for now. For those who are interested, here's my DA account where I'll be posting my artwork obviously: http://zritts.deviantart.com/. And... I guess that's all I have to say.

P.S. The Umbreon image is the only drawing in which I used the tablet. Everything else was done by mouse or pencil crayons.

Last edited:
Umbreon piec- Very good for a revamp. At least compared from the last one, shading here's a bit smoother.

As for the Shinx the only beef I have on it is that this (along with that picture of Skroy himslef, the kinda human one..?) is it seems a bit too identical on both sides. Especially the eyes, at least it gives off that effect.

The Shinx pic.... Yeah, it is too symmetrical now that I look back on it. For this drawing, though, I was experimenting with Photoshop tools I never used before plus trying out a new colouring/shading technique I learned. I wasn't really thinking about details at the time, so I pretty much copied/flipped horizontally at most three sections of his face (namely the eye, that yellow mark on its ear and... uh, I can't remember the third one). Everything else was drawn with the mouse (and it still made Sparx look symmetrical. ^^;).

Copying and flipping. Not a good thing sometimes, and if do you at least change the shading D: It's not a problem from anything else I see, and nothing looks too stiff on here.

True, copying/flipping is not a good technique sometimes. This drawing, though, was entirely an experimentation of art & Photoshop techniques you could say, such as colouring, shading, inking, highlighting, layering, etc.

Update! *Le GASP!*

Jolteon_Portrait_by_Zritts.png

^Another revamp of an old image of mine.

...Hmm, taking into consideration my speed when it comes to drawing, I might as well update this thread one picture at a time. =)

Okay, for those of you who have or don't have a DeviantArt account— whether it'd be guests or TCoD members— there is hat contest being held by this person. (Click on the link for more details). Now, the following link will direct you to my entry:

http://zritts.deviantart.com/art/I-want-THIS-hat-145084200

Please check it out and read the description written there. I would very much like to win the Umbreon hat and I need your help to win. Any and all help will be very much appreciated. I'll even return a favor if you so please. =D

Another contest entry, whoo! ^w^

The link above will lead you to an image of mine for another contest entry. This time it's for the "Wacom - Bring Your Vision to Life: Dreams" contest. Unfortunately, my piece did not make it to the semi-finals. However, I can still win this contest! All I have to do is to get the most votes on my entry from December 16 until the 22th. You don't have to help if you don't want to, but if you do I would really, really appreciate it! :D

Been a while since I posted in here. Anyway, let's get started, I got a few pieces of art I would like to share— starting with my hat design entries!

Entry no. 1 (Buizel hat)
Entry no. 2 (Om nom hat)
Entry no. 3 (Minish cap hat)

Those are my current entries for this contest. I'll be making more hat designs later but for now I'm taking a break and I'm pretty busy with other stuff at the moment. Hopefully somebody here would like to buy one of these— especially the Buizel hat. :D (See this person's journal for more details of contest: http://calgarycosplay.deviantart.com/ ).

And by "break", I meant that I'm taking a break from drawing hat designs that hopefully will buy. Instead, I've done three more doodles (and practicing a bit with my Japanese writing. =) ):

Buizeru_by_Zritts.png

Arekkusu_by_Zritts.png

Akuseru_by_Zritts.png

I should note that the images above have solely been done on my tablet and Photoshop (in other words, I did not sketch them on paper, then scanned it and used Photoshop to edit them). It was also an excuse to experiment with Photoshop's filters and other stuff, which came out nicely I must say.

I'm proud with the outcome of those drawings (especially with "Akuseru"). =DDDDD

Back
Top Bottom