• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Who are you?

Hello, my name is Daniel Edward Owens and I live in Virginia Beach. Believe it or not, I am really shy and like to be silent. Not less than a year ago, I started on forums. Less than two years ago, I was in foster care and was since birth. I don't even know my real parents. Now, I am living with an adopted family.

My hobbies are reading, writing, and play-fighting. I love Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon. Yet, I like other Animes as well. I always give somehing a try before I actallly say its terrible.

M favorite food is pizza and wll eat anything except for salad. I hate anything with the name Salad in it. I hate Tuna, which I call catfood.

I am in eleventh grade and fluet in both English and Japanese.

Thats all I can think of right now, but yeah, thats who I am.

Hello! My name is Adriane Chalumeau Fox. I've sort of gotten in the habit of using my actual name for my general online presence as I'm finding no real reason to not to. So, I have no real fixed "handle", though I tend to use Chalumeau frequently. I use Alvyren in my Pokémon games and as my PGL handle.

I am 20 years old, and in my fourth year of university as a music education major. I switched from pre-law last year, so I won't be graduating any time soon, unfortunately. As a full-time student, I don't have a regular job, but I occasionally give lessons and I'm currently commissioned by a local church choir as a descant flutist.

I have broad musical tastes. I'll listen to anything once, but I'm partial to orchestral, metal, jazz, and trance. Debussy, Beethoven, Holst, and Whitacre are my favourite composers these days; Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Youngblood Brass, and the Rippingtons come to mind for favourite bands. I also like Lady Gaga and P!nk, but dislike Katy Perry and Adele.

I live in South Carolina, but plan on moving "northwest" (could mean any of Oregon, Washington, B.C., Montana, Minnesota, etc.) after I graduate. I "grew up" in Wiesbaden, Germany (and I miss it dearly).

I am Hispanic, ~182cm/6'1" and ~95kg/210 lbs, Taoist, polyamorous, incredibly introverted and submissive, and liberal (-10.0, -9.7). I'm also genderfluid, though I usually tend to lean "girl". I am not too forward about it, but I'll mention it if anyone asks. Hiikaru ♥ here is my partner, and I love vim very much.

I suffer from borderline personality disorder, which is the root of nearly all my problems.

I like JRPGs and platformers and Mario Kart. I used to play Final Fantasy XI (as a Blue Mage and Beastmaster). I also like Glee, Sherlock, Firefly, and, of course, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I secretly (or not) loathe Homestuck and Invader Zim.

I have been a part of TCoD since I was 13-almost-14, but I'm not nearly as involved with the forums or IRC anymore; I'm mostly around as an emergency mod and for ASB.

Last edited:
Datura, Russian is pretty fun to learn! Go do it.
I'm really looking forward to it! I think I might end up doing a minor in Russian instead of the certificate, since then I can focus on Russian language/literature as opposed to things like Polish and Serbian history.

Honestly, I don't really look forward to continuing my German studies. If I didn't have a boatload of transfer credits I wouldn't bother. I'll be finished with my German minor in four or five semesters, so I'll just suck it up for now. Both languages will complement my major well.

I would love to learn Russian once I learn German to a level I'm satisfied with. Learning new writing systems has proven itself to be very difficult for me in the past though. :<

My name is Evan; I'm 21 years old, I live in Columbus, Ohio, and I also happen to be transgender. Unrelated to anything else at all, but I'm trying to teach myself Japanese and failing horribly at it. Makes for hilarity sometimes.

I consider politics anywhere from boring to disgusting, depending on how I feel when I'm asked and whether or not I feel like getting involved in any kind of discussion about it. Most of the time I'll change the subject or just stop talking completely when politics come up, since I rarely have any interest in the inevitable fight the topic tends to cause and even when I do, it's only interesting if I'm not part of it.

My belief in God is an important part of my life, I go to church nearly every Sunday, but I have no interest in trying to force my beliefs on anyone and I appreciate it when other people don't try to force their beliefs (or lack there of) on me. What you do or don't believe may not be what I believe, as long as you can respect that then so far as I'm concerned, we're cool.

I like video games and have a particular fondness for RPGs. Right now my soul is owned by Skyrim, but before that took over I spent my time playing Morrowind, Oblivion, Fable 2 & 3, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon and a couple different MUDs. I dislike shooters on the grounds that I suck at them, which makes my brother and his friends want to not play them with me. Strangely, the exception to this rule seems to be Borderlands, which I can play for hours by myself and not be bored at all.

When I'm not playing video games, or even sometimes when I am (I multitask a lot), I pass the time reading or writing. Mostly fanfic so far as the writing part of that's concerned, no one cares about my original fic so I don't bother posting it online.

Cartoons are pretty much the only things I watch anymore. Right now I'm watching Generator Rex, Ben 10, Young Justice and Thundercats as they air, and rewatching The Powerpuff Girls, Sailor Moon, Avatar: The Last Airbender and basically anything else that was ever good on television when I was a kid (thank you Tumblr peeps).

Huh, turned out longer than I thought it would.

Dātura;562605 said:
Hi! I'm Dātura. My real name is Ben and most of you probably know me as Furret, Retsu, or some other bizarre alias.

holy crap I didn't know you were furret! hurr

Hmm, what to say...

I'm a short lil' kid with messy brown hair and hazel eyes. There's a problem with my feet, so I walk screwy. I stay up late too much, and like mornings (Because I'm just that weird).

I'm a big anime fan, and I'd have to say my current favorite would be Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, even though I don't bother to get up early enough to watch it much.

I'm bored, so this will be edited later.

My name is Nikole, but everyone I know knows me by Nikki. I am 20 years old and live in Manhattan. I am medium height, a brunette-blonde mix, and have brown eyes.

I am bisexual, but lean more lesbian. I am currently in an estranged and separated relationship, and we'll end the separation at the end of this year.

I like a lot of guy things, and am not very 'womanly' to say. I am better than most of my male friends at video games, but I don't play online because I do.

I also ran out of time typing this. Will complete later.

Oh look at this gem of a thread I've happened upon!

Real name is Chase. I'm sixteen, white, livin' in America. (Colorado) In college, with a major in Psychology. Like, that crazy mind fuck shit.

I'm estranged from most of my family none of them like me much. I've had girlfriends. I've had one night stands. I've done drugs. I've been drinking. I've been arrested. Blah blah, same teenage bullshit.

When I'm not out, I'm not doing anything special. I waste my home life away playing video games and hanging out on the interwebs.

That's it, really. :/

Oh look at this gem of a thread I've happened upon!

Real name is Chase. I'm sixteen, white, livin' in America. (Colorado) In college, with a major in Psychology. Like, that crazy mind fuck shit.

I'm estranged from most of my family none of them like me much. I've had girlfriends. I've had one night stands. I've done drugs. I've been drinking. I've been arrested. Blah blah, same teenage bullshit.

When I'm not out, I'm not doing anything special. I waste my home life away playing video games and hanging out on the interwebs.

That's it, really. :/

>Age: 16
>College

You sure bro?

Hi, I'm James. I get called a variety of things, mostly Jay or Jamie. (No idea.) I'm from Northern Ireland to be exact, and I've never been any further than Newcastle in County Down. I'm ok with that; I'm not much of a traveler.

My great aunt took my mum in when she was homeless, and I basically grew up with the two of them. My aunt has dementia now, and she can't look after herself or be on her own for too long now, so I'm currently caring for her. It's tough, and there are days that I just want to scream, but I'm hopefully going to be getting some help in that regard. This means that I'm a bit stuck at the minute; I have the opportunity to move out and get my own place, but I can't take it.

I love cars a lot, and I'm currently studying at college to be a mechanic. I have a work placement at a garage. I don't know if a mechanic is going to be my permanent career, but I'm enjoying it a lot at the moment and the skill should come in handy. I'm also doing a part time I.T course and a creative writing class.

As far as hobbies go, the list in my profile is pretty much accurate. I like video games a lot (not surprising on this forum), and my favourite games are Prototype, Resident Evil, the (old) Spyro series and the Fallout series. Oh, and Pokémon, obviously.

As far as books go, I read nothing but horror and sci-fi. Stephen King is my number one favourite author. My favourite books of his are The Dark Half, Dreamcatcher, Firestarter, The Shining and Misery. My username is actually a reference to the alien virus from Dreamcatcher. He is a huge inspiration to me, but I like to think that I do recognize his flaws as a writer too, and I'm not completely blinded by hero worship. I would really love to be an author too, though even if that wasn't possible, I think I'd be happy enough just writing stories for myself. I have a lot of ideas, and I really would like to jot them all down.

Oh yes, I love horror. A lot. I'm obsessed with monsters and mutated beasts; the more gruesome, outlandish and over-the-top their design is the better. Giger's Alien is one of my favourite designs. Some horror movies that I love to death include Videodrome, They live, Brain dead, Evil dead, Misery, Scanners and a million more. I could ramble on about horror stuff all day.

I don't watch too much TV, though I do enjoy Dexter and occasionally Doctor Who. I like cartoons quite a bit, mostly ones with cool monsters and aliens. Ben 10 and Generator Rex are a few of my weaknesses.

I'm a big comic book fan. I read Spawn mostly, as well as Batman, Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four. Johnny and Susan Storm are my favourite heroes, and The Joker and The Violator are my favourite villains. (Also, Harley Quinn is pretty hot)

I collect Warhammer stuff, mostly Tyranids and Skaven. I prefer the inhuman and monstrous ones. Space marines suck.

I'm moderately athletic and I tend to walk a lot. I like wandering about, even if it's just going down to the shop. I tend to get all my story ideas when I'm on the move. Also, I have a German Shepherd, so yeah. I love beach combing. Just wandering around Lough shore and looking for interesting bits and pieces is one of my favourite past-times.

As far as sexuality goes, I'm straight. My last relationship ended a month ago. On good terms thankfully, and we're still friends. I would like to get into another relationship, and I've had a crush on a certain girl for a while now, but I dunno if I should make a move yet. Ergh. I'm really personal when it comes to this kinda stuff, and it's very rare I'd mention it to anyone.

yeah, OK, that turned out more rambly than I thought it would oops

Last edited:
Hello. I'm Adam Mumford. I'm 14 years old, and live in the quaint middle of nowhere called Middlebury, Indiana. I moved to Indiana when I was 12, up until that point I had lived in Chicago for all my life. (don't ask how we came to live here.) I'm about 5'6", and have green eyes and dark brown hair that tends to either be completely combed down, a complete mess, or in little strange waves like it is now. I'm a bit overweight, but I'm trying to lose some.

I'm a generally shy person at school, a bit more outspoken with friends and family. I love a good joke. I like to laugh a lot. I joke a bit, but mostly dry humor. I try to be helpful and friendly, except to certain people. I'm a bit of a cynic. I don't talk much, but I'm a very good listener. I procrastinate a lot, but that's a long standing problem I'm trying to fix.

I'm fairly intelligent. I'm good at science, math, history, english, spanish, a lot of stuff. I skipped 7th grade and am now a sophmore in high school with high grades to boot. I play a bit of piano. I want to learn guitar, and I'm going to take it up over the summer. I'm a fairly good singer, and am really good at maintaining pitch (I'm a baritone). At school I'm involved in choir and Science Olympiad. It's awesome. I draw a bit (thread up soon when I get a tablet), I like to write. As my forum name might suggest, I would like to pick up swordplay. I have a very basic knowledge of fencing, and can swing a plastic broadsword to a slightly-less-than-terrifying degree. Thinking of ordering a replica Master Sword and Hylian Sheild soon. For, you know, Darknut slaying purposes.

I LOVE videogames. Mainly Pokemon and The Legend Of Zelda. A large part of videogames for me is music. Gameplay too. Currently I'm in the Shipyard in the Lanayru Sand Sea in Skyward Sword. As far as books, I read everything and anything. For my favorite music, see my signature.

I'm... I view myself as a hopeless romantic of sorts. I know how to be romantic, but I'm too shy to date or anything. I haven't been kissed, haven't had a girlfriend. The closest thing to a girlfriend I've ever had was a certain... person on here. And it didn't end well. I worry about this aspect, because I'd really like to have a girlfriend, just someone to go to about things, someone to trust... but oh well, maybe later. If you couldn't gather, by the way, I'm fairly certain I'm straight.

I like to have a very optimistic outlook. No matter how bad something is, I always think time will improve the situation. I'm not that religious, but I do believe in God somewhat.

Oh, and quirks. I love to doodle a bit when I'm bored. I enjoy making jokes and acting different than normal. I'm very curious and retain random facts, so I'm a bit of an encyclopedia of sorts. I can play piano by ear.
That's about all there is to know about the complex workings of Blade. So, uh..... Oh yeah. I don't know how to end things very well either.

let's get biblical, biblical~ ♫

I would propose to you right now if I didn't think that your magic Australian fairy-king father would be angry if I did.

OH OH ALSO SHOULD I LIST MY DISABILITIES MAYBE?

I'm partially red-green colorblind, rather nearsighted, and I have vaguely overlarge pupils. My eyes have a lot of issues, apparently! Barubu has one pupil a teeeensy bit bigger than the other, too, so it's not just me.

My name is Nikole, but everyone I know knows me by Nikki. I am 20 years old and live in Manhattan. I am medium height, a brunette-blonde mix, and have brown eyes.

I am bisexual, but lean more lesbian. I am currently in an estranged and separated relationship, and we'll end the separation at the end of this year.

I like a lot of guy things, and am not very 'womanly' to say. I am better than most of my male friends at video games, but I don't play online because I do.

I also ran out of time typing this. Will complete later.
Building on this.

I love video games. I'm a devoted gamer, but not to the point of whittling away my life on them.

I am very near-sighted, and wore glasses since 1st Grade. However, I look horrible in glasses, and switched to contacts. I am partially blue-green colorblind, and for some odd reason, I am always very shaky.

I am very shy around people I don't know, but I am very outward around friends. I often am the butt of jokes because I'm a woman, and because of my features(leaving it here).

I procrastinate the day away. I always try to do a little bit a day, instead of just doing it at once, because the internet is always LOLNO to me.

To be continued...

Back
Top Bottom