• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Region Lock

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
Anyone here know how to circumvent a SNES Region Lock? I think I have a North American SNES, but I have a PAL SMRPG (damn region locks and the bastard who created them). I think. The SMRPG has two extra things at the bottom of the cartridge and won't enter my SNES. Does anyone know how to get around it, because it wouldn't be fun if I wasted $40 for a game that doesn't work.

Yes, I did Google it, but the results weren't helpful. They didn't specify whether they were NTSC to PAL or Japanese to NTSC, etc.

Break out the hacksaw.

I'm serious. The easiest way would just be to cut little slits in your SNES where the two extra things would go.

Hmm, I don't think there were software based.... oh wait, there was. Looks like you might be out of luck if you want to play the game. Try taking the advice anyway, that always helps.

Heh, false alarm. It turns out I wasn't pushing it down hard enough. :P I seriously though it may have been a SNES problem or a Japanese cartridge, though.

Yeah... There's no such thing as a PAL SMRPG. :P

*head desk*

Dude, I said in my last post that I thought it was a Japanese Cartridge.

Read the whole thread, people, so you can learn about updates on people's situations. The exact same thing happened in Starmen.net.

Also, all the files got erased for no reason at all. :/

Dude, he was just pointing it out, because he didn't think you knew

You never posted you figured out there is no PAL version of SMRPG here. You just said you thought it was Japanese in the other, and that was that. There is no need to get rude about it over something you didn't tell. Not everyone has even heard of starmen.net.

I can't help you on the thread over there. The people haven o excuse, cause I saw the thread. *Is a starmen.net regular*

But if I mentioned later that I thought it was Japanese, then he should have forgotten about the PAL thing. Yes, I've been told on another forum (gfaqs) there is no PAL SMRPG. OK. I get it. That still doesn't solve my problem. If you want, you could say I overreacted, but I've had 5 people say the same thing which doesn't help me at all so I was tired of it.

Soz, Crazy Weasel.

Back
Top Bottom