• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockingham! It's still snowing a little bit, but snow's snow! :D

@Superbird & Leafpool:
Yes, I live in NC! :D

Holy fuck he did email me! Unfortunately he can't go to the movie but HE FUKKEN EMAILED ME. I'M VERY VERY HAPPY NOW 8DDDDD

having a wonderful self-esteem boosting conversation with a friend that confirmed that my friends can't hate me.

I'm going... somewhere tomorrow (or later today, rather)! With my crush and our third friend.

I have no idea where, but probably for coffee. We don't usually opt for Sunday excursions unless we miss a Tuesday for some reason (usually because of our third friend and his college business), but the other two managed to organize themselves and invite me for a change, instead of me scrambling to get them to make up their minds as to when and where we'll go when they decide they want to do something. Because even when they know they want to do something, they never know what. :T Since they got themselves together first and then texted me, for an extracurricular trip at that, I'm hoping they have a plan in mind. Even if they don't I'm glad they've taken a little initiative.

also, I went to a double-birthday-party last night and obtained many sausage balls! I love sausage balls.

Last edited:
So, maybe this isn't a fwee moment, but it certainly isn't a grr thing, and I'd be pretty happy about it if it weren't for...well, lemme just explain.

My dad got mad at me again for getting mad at him for deciding "oh, I've got five minutes before my daughter is done at her concert that I did not go see because I don't care, let me stop and get something from Walmart" and then not coming for half an hour. So I finally decided that I just won't feel anything anymore.

Now usually when I try that, I fail. But today, I actually succeeded; I really don't feel anything right now. Which makes me happy - well, sorta.

GUESS WHAT GUYS

NEW YORK CITY HAS SNOOOOOOOOOW.
sureitmaybeonlyaslightflurryandnobodycanseeitbutheckit'sstillsnow.

Also, Minks has got Student of the Month because she participated and won in NaNoWriMo. I'm loving it.

MORE GOOD NEWS

I've been entered into the Schoolwide Spelling Bee, and then Citywide, and then Statewide, and so on if I win.
ALSO OUR CLASS IS GOING TO MANHATTAN. I know it's not much, but it'll be so fun to be listening to my Hetalia songs (oyabun <3) on the train and arguing over KFC or McDonalds. xD
And I just feel giddy right now. I have no idea.

MORE GOOD NEWS

I've been entered into the Schoolwide Spelling Bee, and then Citywide, and then Statewide, and so on if I win.
ALSO OUR CLASS IS GOING TO MANHATTAN. I know it's not much, but it'll be so fun to be listening to my Hetalia songs (oyabun <3) on the train and arguing over KFC or McDonalds. xD
And I just feel giddy right now. I have no idea.

Hey, congrats! I was in a spelling bee when I was your age. I went to Nationals, too :3 Good luck! :D

My chorale's singing at the Philly airport on Tuesday and my best friend and I are doing a duet again~

and we get to see how we improved from last year! :D

Wikileaks - most interesting story of the year. Damn right. Thanks, Wikileaks, for getting me interested in politics at a time when I thought perhaps it wasn't worth it to keep up.

alsoooo I'm seeing Tangled with my date tomorrow~. Should be fun! :D And I got an A on my math test, keeping up my 4.0 in that class (why do I have a 4.0 in my least favorite class and a B in my favorite class?). The chemistry test was also moved to next week. I'm aiming for straight As this period. The only B I'll really need to work to improve is chemistry. I think I can do it, though!

I've also made good progress on my piano piece; we're almost done playing it slowly. It's coming together rather nicely.

Only thing bringing me down is LOTS OF HOMEWORK TODAY but other than that things seem to be looking up for me. It's like a whole bunch of things are coinciding to make Friday an awesome day. :D

Yesterday the Science Club went on a field trip to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and it was awesome.

So, 12 high schoolers and our teacher got into a short bus and left around 7:30 in the morning, stopping at Starbucks along the way. It was really cold out and everyone though one of my friends and I were really crazy since we ordered mocha frappuccinos (sp?), but they were delicious anyway.

We reached our destination, and discovered hundreds of geese near our parking spot. One of my friends and fellow trumpeters chased a few around until he got tired, and then we went inside. We first went to a new Amazon exhibit, which was really awesome. One person in a film talking about the 7 deadly fish of the Amazon River said something that summed a lot of the exhibit up:

There are hundreds of fish for you to enjoy in the Amazon, and seven to enjoy you.

They had live pirahnas and stingrays (with stingers!), along with several cockroaches and one of those tanks with a bubble for you to view from underneath.

So we step out into the hallway, and find a bunch of pirates (fake, naturally). Cue us all going "what the hell?" and taking pictures before we proceed to the Hall of Wildlife. We examined the African wildlife exhibits for small little details, which just goes to show how much thought the guys who design these things put into them. There are little insects and birds and piles of poop everywhere, just like in real life.

We left to see a scheduled IMAX show IN 3D about the Hubble Space Telescope. The 3D was awesome and there was a burrito IN SPACE; you should check it out should you get the chance.

Then we ate lunch, consuming more Pringles than sandwhiches. There was a fat little squirrel by our picnic table; I started feeding it bread, and then others took over with feeding it Pringles. We walked by a huuuuuuge flock of geese, and four of the kids ran through it. I took pictures :3

We went to Expedition Health next, which pretty much just told me that I was really bad at riding a bike. There was a cool activity where you could try to control your brainwaves to roll a ball into a goal; the ball moved towards the goal when you relaxed. It's a two-person deal, and we all went over to two of our kids and started talking to them just to make it harder.

Teacher: *tells a joke that I forgot*
Boy: *brain wave activity goes all the way down for a second*
Other Boy: ...I guess that was a really bad joke.

And finally, we went to the planetarium to view a show about black holes. Our club made quite a ruckus:

*theater goes dark and silent*
Boy: MUAHAHAHA

Narrator: But, just how warped can space get?
Teacher: Ahahaha

Both instances cued laughter from the whole audience.

P.S. Our teacher tried to start a conversation and failed.

Teacher: Remember that time we went to Akron to view the air show?
Everyone: Yeah?
Teacher: That was fun.

My class went to Lower Manhattan to chill today. And learn about Colonial America, but I don't think anyone really learned anything.
It was cool. Suure it was around 36 degrees and my neck is a bit cricked from staring at those huuuge buildings that everyone's seen a million and two times, but it was fun.

The McDonalds at Wall Street across from Trinity Church has amazing hot chocolate. And then we went to the Borders next door and had a hell of a time going around in the manga/Harry Potter/How to Make Sushi section.
Life was cool today, to put it in a simple sentence.

OH MY F***ING GOD.

I just heard from my parents that a family friend knows the producer for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. And they said we can get free tickets to go to a show in Grand Rapids, Mi. LIVE. I repeat: I'M GOING TO SEE THE TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA LIVE A FEW DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS OMFG.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom