• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Fakemon Starter Suggestions?

Ok, the "colorchiis" are finished!

The mouths are smoother, there's more shading, and the shiny form is different. Much less eye irritating now, ;)

Hey, new Pokemons! Three to be exact!

These Pokemon are slugs based off of the pH scale- Green being Neutral, Blue being Acid, and Red being Base. The green is the pre evolution, and evolves into one of the two by using a sun stone for Acid, or Moon stone for base.

But I'll put the pic on here when i can figure out the names. Any suggestions for slugs that are acidic, basic, and neutral?

Wait, shouldn't the red and blue be swapped?

As for the starters, a chipmunk? Grass starters are supposed to be reptiles.

Except the Shiny one is exactly the same as the Fire-type one.

It has lighter wings.

Luxcario, read the text for the Karachiis. I mean, honestly! >=U

Sv, what do you mean by swapped? And who says grass types can't be mixed up a bit? ;)

And yes, the shiny form has lighter wings and lighter feet AND a lighter antenna.

Fun fact! Kara means Colors in Japanese. Given the fact that Karachiis are all about colours, it's a very appropriate name. ^v^

I thought "iro" was color? According to my Japanese class, "kara" means "empty"...

Anyway, yes, these are very adorable. :3 I especially like the blue one because blue is my favorite color... and Water is my favorite type, too.

As for the starters, a chipmunk? Grass starters are supposed to be reptiles.

There are no rules for starter Pokémon; it doesn't have to be a reptile. True, they all kind of are (not sure what you'd call Chikorita), but that doesn't mean they have to be. There are plenty of Grass types that aren't reptiles.

And the shading is looking much better, DarkAura! I'm glad you added some more!

Luxcario did have a point, though; having a shaded outline adds more depth to your sprite and makes it look more realistic. Take a look at this sprite of Squirtle:

007.png

See how the top of Squirtle's head has a light blue outline, but then dark places like the bottom of its feet have black outlines? This shows more of the shadows and highlights and makes it look less cartoony and more real.

There are no rules for starter Pokémon; it doesn't have to be a reptile. True, they all kind of are (not sure what you'd call Chikorita), but that doesn't mean they have to be. There are plenty of Grass types that aren't reptiles.

But Grass starters... Bulbasaur is one of those prehistoric mammal-like reptiles. Chikorita is a dinosaur. Treecko is a gecko. Turtwig is a tortoise. Snivy is a lizard/snake thing (that is in the egg group which is meant for mammals and snakes).

But Grass starters... Bulbasaur is one of those prehistoric mammal-like reptiles. Chikorita is a dinosaur. Treecko is a gecko. Turtwig is a tortoise. Snivy is a lizard/snake thing (that is in the egg group which is meant for mammals and snakes).

Indeed, so far all of the official Grass starters happen to be reptiles. But there is no rule or even guideline that Grass starters have to be reptiles. If that were the case, then why aren't all the Fire starters mammals, or all of the Water starters amphibians? There just isn't any rule that says that a particular type of starter has to be a particular type of animal. Pokémon is more flexible than that.

Back
Top Bottom