• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon pronouncications you got wrong

Re: Pokémon pronouncications you got wrong

i always pronounced Groudon as Groundon when I was younger, adding an N
and nowadays I pronouce Yveltal as ee-vel-tal and i have no idea what's right and what isn't.

I keep going back and forth between ee-vel-tal and why-vel-tal. I don't even really care what the official pronunciation is; I just can't figure out which of the two sounds better to me personally.

I say why-vel-tal, but I assume it's wrong since Xerneas and Zygarde (I assume) aren't pronounced ex-urn-eas or zed-guard zee-guard.

Last edited:

I always believed Houndour was pronounced Hown-DOOR, like it was actually a combination of 'hound' and 'door'. It wasn't until watching a Johto episode that I found out the correct way, where it rhymes with 'hour'.

I used to pronouce meganium as "Meg-A-NEE-Um" XD My brother still says it that way...even though its really "Meh-GAIN-ee-um"

Back
Top Bottom