• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Denryu vs. Munchkin

Hiikaru

Run.
Pronoun
he
4vs4 single
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing
Arena: Just Another Forest Clearing

Yes, we'll be in Just Another Forest Clearing. Well, more like a huge field surrounded by the forest. Half of the field is occupied by a lake, with four small islands in it. A pile of rocks is lying at the very edge of the field, next to the water. Nothing special really happens... it's just a quiet grassy field, perfect for battle.

Other: Only basic- or baby-stage Pokémon allowed.

Denryu's active squad:
Gurdurr Caber the male Gurdurr <Sheer Force> @ Black Belt
Chingling Hohner the male Chingling <Levitate> @Soothe Bell
Wailmer Eileen the female Wailmer <Oblivious>
Buneary Romero Diazi the male Buneary <Run Away>
Horsea Preveza the female Horsea <Sniper> @Dragon Scale
Mareep Doppelgäng'd the male Mareep <Static>
Prinplup Constantine the male Prinplup <Torrent> @Lucky Egg
Alrunnik Zorrilla the female Alrunnik <Stench> @Lucky Egg
Klink Gemini the unknown Klink <Minus> @King's Rock, Engineered Rivalry
Feebas Magni the female Feebas <Swift Swim> @Prism Scale

Munchkin's active squad:
Charmander Sekitan Iki the female Charmander <Blaze>
Deerling Tsuri Taishi the female Deerling <Sap Sipper>
Shinx Arashi No Shishi the male Shinx <Rivalry>
Woobat Sutekina Kanakirigoe the female Woobat <Unaware>
Gastly Dokusei Tamariba the female Gastly <Levitate>
Nidoranm Kyohaku-Tekina the male Nidoranm <Poison Point>
Swablu Sora No Dansa the female Swablu
SneaselChishi Ansatsu-Sha the female Sneasel <Keen Eye> @Razor Claw
PsyduckKyofu No Ahiru the male Psyduck <Keen Eye>
AbraRyui-Ryoku the male Abra <Synchronize>

Denryu sends out first, then Munchkin sends out and posts commands, then Denryu posts commands.

Last edited:
I'll sound like a total noob for asking, but exactly what type is Alrunnik? 0-o I can't seem to find that =x

Regardless, I'll be using Dokusei Tamariba the Gastly, or Riba for short <3

So, Riba, you're faster! I want you to use Hypnosis on the first action, unless Zorrilla Protects, in which case you should just... well, sit there, I guess.

If she Protected on the first action, then try a Hypnosis again now. If she's asleep already, use Nightmare. But if your first Hypnosis failed (for a reason other than Protect), then Lick her now.

On your third action, use Nightmare if Zorrilla is asleep and you haven't already used it. If, even now, she's awake, then use Will-O-Wisp.

Hypnosis/Nothing ~ Hypnosis/Nightmare/Lick ~ Nightmare/Will-O-Wisp

I always feel like I've forgotten so many things...

I'll sound like a total noob for asking, but exactly what type is Alrunnik? 0-o I can't seem to find that =x

Normal/Poison! I also added a Pokedex link to the first post (it has the types, but you can't tell because they're broken images).

Close your eyes to block that Hypnosis, then when it's safe (you should feel the psychic energy dieing down or something) Disable the Hypnosis. Don't worry about the Lick, as you're Normal-type and it won't affect you, then throw up a small Substitute (10%). Finally, Crunch. If you do fall asleep somehow, Sleep Talk.

(Close eyes) Disable/Sleep Talk ~ Substitue (10%)/Sleep Talk ~ Crunch(Sleep Talk)

Denryu vs Munchkin

Denryu (4/4 left)
Zorrilla ♀ - Stench @ Lucky Egg
Alrunnik
'Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess...' Thinking to herself.
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Actions: Close eyes, Disable / Sleep Talk ~ Substitute (10%) / Sleep Talk ~ Crunch / Sleep Talk
Other: n/a

Munchkin (4/4 left)
Dokusei Tamariba ♀ - Levitate
Gastly
Bobbing nervously up and down.
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Actions: Hypnosis / Nothing ~ Hypnosis / Nightmare / Lick ~ Nightmare / Will-O-Wisp

----------------------------------------

- Round Start -

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful Alrunnik princess named Zorilla, who had gone on a journey to a spooky forest clearing to fight a dastardly Gastly. That terrible Pokemon had been terrorizing her kingdom for as long as anyone could remember! She had finally come all this way, and now... And now here she was, standing around with her eyes shut. Zorrilla gave her tail an impatient flick. She definitely didn't want to be asleep, but she wanted to do something. It was so not fair! Princesses shouldn't have to just sit around with their eyes closed, they were supposed to fight! Well, that's what she wanted to do, anyway; she didn't know if other princesses liked fighting, but she did, and princesses should, of course, always get what they wanted. But she supposed she could be patient for a few more moments. Because that was what good princesses did. So then she waited. And waited. And waited, and waited, and waited and waited and waited... But nothing seemed to happen. No psychic energy feelings of any kind. But she had to stay awake... With increasing irritation, Zorrilla closed her eyes tighter and focused her energies on invading the mind of the evil Gastly as had been asked of her, though the Gastly's mind was hardly one she wanted to invade. Who knew what evil thoughts lurked in that thing's head! Or, well, its whole body, since it was just a head. An entire being full of evil thoughts. The idea made her shiver a little bit. After about five seconds, which was really far too long for anyone to spend waiting, Zorrilla finally decided to just open her eyes. The Gastly was bobbing around in the air, watching a set of glowing blue rings float off into the distance. They passed through one of the surrounding trees, which took on a bluish glow and became perfectly still. Zorrilla supposed that maybe it wouldn't be growing any more leaves for a while. Useful. Well, she wouldn't try that again in a hurry.

Riba writhed uncomfortably in the air as she drifted over to the Alrunnik, dreading what she was about to do next. She didn't like fighting to begin with, but this was one of the things she hated the most about battling - having to leave her personal bubble to get close to her opponents and do things like... like... she didn't even want to think about it! Better to just get it over with and then forget it had ever happened. Zigzagging through the air as the Alrunnik hissed at her from below - what had she done to deserve that so far? she wondered - Riba popped up behind it, and with a sense of trepidation quickly stuck out her tongue and gave the Alrunnik's cheek a rough lick before jumping backward, shuddering and spitting out fur. Her opponent did not look happy. "What are you doing?" it hissed, fur bristling. Riba stammered an apology, but that just seemed to make it even angrier, and it swatted at the air. But why... oh. The Lick must not have worked, if it could move. Well, she was very, very glad she was floating, then. Her opponent muttered something about princesses as it released its fury on the dirt, which flew up and formed intself into a briefly transluscent, blinking duplicate of the Alrunnik. Oh, now there were two of the things! She was sure that would go well. She hadn't wanted to make it so upset, she was just following her orders, the same as it was... Sigh. Why did other Pokemon enjoy this?

That Gastly really was evil! Zorrilla reflected, glaring out at it from behind her Substitute. It hadn't hurt at all, but hadn't anyone ever told it that princesses were not to be licked?! She had tried to explain as much, but it didn't appear to be listening, busy frowning at her duplicate. Which was, naturally, also beautiful, but not also a princess. Zorrilla would only allow once princess in her kingdom, and that was her, because she was, of course, the best princess there was. Beautiful, and dashing, and heroic, and brave... Even when faced with licking Gastly! She hoped the Pokemon of her kingdom appreciated the kind of suffering she was going through for their sakes. As she watched, the Gastly's evil eyes glowed a terribly evil shade of red, and a tiny ball of evil fire materialized in front of it, flickering evilly for a moment before flinging itself at Zorrilla's clone. Zorrilla flinched back, but the flame vanished as quickly as it had appeared without leaving even a tiny scorch mark. The Gastly's no-longer-red-but-still-just-as-evil eyes looked slightly wet, but then it shook its head - well, its whole self - and the water was gone. A-hah! A moment of weakness! The poor thing must be feeling bad now for challenging someone as amazing as herself without being able to so much as scratch her clone. She almost pitied it. Almost. Before its weakness could go to waste, Zorrilla dodged around her clone, zipping and zooming across the field. Leaping into the air, she dug her teeth into the Gastly's side as hard as she could as payback. "That's for what you've done to my kingdom!" she screeched as she dropped back to earth. Tiny drops of sticky red liquid had appeared on the Gastly's side, and it seemed on the verge of tears again. For a moment, Zorrilla wondered if perhaps she took her games of pretend a little too seriously sometimes.

But just for a moment.

Battles were so much funner that way!

- Round End -

Denryu (4/4 left)
Alrunnik
"Take that, monster!"
Health: 90%
Energy: 87%
Actions: Close eyes, Disable (failed) ~ Substitute (10%) ~ Crunch
Other:Alrunnik (10%)

Munchkin (4/4 left)
Dokusei Tamariba ♀ - Levitate
Gastly
Trying not to cry.
Health: 88%
Energy: 94%
Actions: Hypnosis (failed) ~ Lick (failed) ~ Will-O-Wisp (failed)

Arena Notes:
  • n/a

Notes:
  • Sorry for the wait! :(
  • Denryu posts commands first next round.

Action Synopsis:
  • Hypnosis - Miss due to closed eyes!
    [~] 2% energy
  • Close Eyes and Disable - Disable missed due to closed eyes!
    [~] 5% - 1% type = 4% energy
  • Lick - Immunity prevents damage.
    [~] 1% - 1% STAB +1% effect = 1%
  • Substitute - -10% health to Zorrilla
    [~] 5% energy
  • Will-O-Wisp - 3% energy
    [~] Rolled 36 (needed <26) for accuracy
    [~] Substitute exists, no effect.
  • Crunch - 8% * 1.5 type = 12% damage
    [~] 4% energy
    [~] rolled 53 (needed <11) for Stench
    [~] rolled 12 (needed <6) for critical
    [~] rolled 73 (needed <21) for effect

Energy and Damage:
  • Zorrilla's health: 100% - Substitute (10%) = 90%
  • Zorrilla's energy: 100% - Disable (4%), Substitute (5%), Crunch (4%) = 87%
    --
  • Riba's health: 100% - Crunch (12%) = 88%
  • Riba's energy: 100% - Hypnosis (2%), Lick (1%), Will-O-Wisp (3%) = 94%

Last edited:
May I please have an extension until the weekend? As I said here, I'm kind of overwhelmed at the moment, and right now I don't have time to do much else but schoolwork. Sorry ;_;

Denryu vs Munchkin

Denryu (4/4 left)
Alrunnik
"Take that, monster!"
Energy: 87%
Actions: Swagger ~ Crunch ~ Crunch
Other:Alrunnik (10%)

Munchkin (4/4 left)
Dokusei Tamariba - Levitate
Gastly
Trying not to cry.
Health: 88%
Energy: 94%
Actions: Substitute (15%) ~ Psychic ~ Disable

- Round Start -

Zorilla watched with a morbid fascination as the evil Gastly's eyes glowed bright red again and a swirl of dirt went up all around it, quickly shifting into a disturbing ghostly shape... the very shape of the Gastly itself! That... that copycat! She let out another low hiss at the notion. Well, she supposed she couldn't exactly blame it. Even a terrible kingdom-terrorizing monster could surely see how amazing she was - perhaps all it wanted was a little bit of that amazingness for itself. "Is that what you're after?" she called toward it. "You want to be just as awesome as I am, don't you? But look at that silly doll of yours compared to mine! Where's the glossy fur? The gorgeous eyes? My mere duplicate is amazing!" Zorrilla peered as the Gastly, expecting the usual reaction - a confused meltdown as her opponent realized it would never be a tenth as great as she was - but instead, her performance had only reached the ghostly senses of... her opponent's Substitute. The real Gastly's body (was that what that thing was?) was glowing a dark (and evil) purple. Huff! It was like talking to a brick wall with these villains.

"I'm sorry!" Riba shouted into the air as she closed her eyes tight, concentrating. In her head, she sent out a searching pulse, digging around for the Alrunnik's mind - and grimaced at what she found. Beautiful stories of castles and dragons and knights, yes, but also the most self-absorbed thoughts she had ever had the displeasure of tapping into. Cringing at the feel of them, she clung reluctantly to the connection, feeding the bad feelings right back into the "princess"'s head, with a little less guilt than she would have normally had. After what felt like an eternity, her eyes snapped back open just in time to see the substitute Alrunnik burst, Zorrilla herself looking perfectly fine. ... oh. The Substitute. So all of that had been only an echo of the real Alrunnik's thoughts? Well! She was glad the Substitute had been there, then! Distracted, she didn't notice the Alrunnik zipping toward her - and landing directly on her Substitute. The Alrunnik ripped and tore at it with vicious darting motions, eyes flashing dangerously. Finally the poor doll gave a shudder and evaporated into the air, leaving the Alrunnik hissing in the grass. Shuddering herself, Riba refocused her mental energies. She opened her mouth wide and breathed a stream of glowing rings that unlike the last set found their target, passing smoothly into the Alrunnik's fur. The supposed-princess looked a bit lost, blinking confusedly up at Riba for several seconds before trotting back to where it had been standing before. There! It had worked! No more of those biting attacks for a bit - and thinking of what her opponent had done to her copy, she was very grateful for that. She just hoped it didn't know how to do anything worse.

- Round End -

Denryu (4/4 left)
Alrunnik
Disappointed about the broken Substitute, but having fun hissing.
Energy: 79%
Actions: Swagger (failed) ~ Crunch ~ [disabled]
Other: Crunch is Disabled (4 more actions)

Munchkin (4/4 left)
Dokusei Tamariba - Levitate
Gastly
Relieved that she didn't get bitten.
Health: 73%
Energy: 76%
Actions: Substitute (15%) ~ Psychic ~ Disable

Arena Notes:
  • n/a

Notes:
  • Sorry for the wait again! :(
  • Denryu sorry for not checking the absence sheet and sorry for not replying to the extension request!
  • Munchkin posts commands first next round.

Action Synopsis:
  • Substitute - 15/2 = 8% energy
    [~] -15% health from Riba
  • Swagger - 4% energy
    [~] rolled 51 (needed <91) for accuracy
    [~] Fail due to Substitute.
  • Psychic - (9% * 1.5 type) + 7% critical = 20% damage
    [~] 90/20 = 5% energy
    [~] rolled 4 (needed <6) for critical, scores critical! 90/10 = 7% (max)
    [~] rolled 78 (needed <11) for effect
    [~] Zorrilla's Substitute broke!
  • Crunch - (8% * 1.5 type) + 7% critical = 19% damage
    [~] 80/20 = 4% energy
    [~] Stench is blocked.
    [~] rolled 4 (needed <6) for critical, scores critical! 80/10 = 7% (max)
    [~] rolled 45 (needed <21) for effect
    [~] Riba's Substitute broke!
  • Disable - 5% energy
    [~] Zorrilla's Crunch was disabled for the next 5 actions.
  • nothing - Fails to use Crunch due to Disable.

Energy and Damage:
  • Zorrilla's health: 90% - n/a
  • Zorrilla's energy: 87% - Swagger (4%), Crunch (4%) = 79%
    --
  • Riba's health: 88% - Substitute (15%) = 73%
  • Riba's energy: 94% - Substitute (8%), Psychic (5%), Disable (5%) = 76%

I... completely forgot about this battle :x

Anyway, Riba, let's go with Taunt, Telekinesis, and Hypnosis.
If Zorrilla Protects, Chill whenever she Protects and move everything down one.

Taunt/Chill ~ Telekinesis/Taunt/Chill ~ Hypnosis/Chill/Telekinesis

[/braindead]

I keep putting this off because of how disappointing Alrunnik's moveset is. Ah well.

Shock Wave thrice. On the last action close your eyes again to stop that Hypnosis, and keep them closed even while you launch your attack. It should still hit thanks to perfect accuracy.

Shock Wave x2 ~ (Close eyes) Shock Wave

EDIT: Battle is ending as a draw as requested. Ampharos gets 1 rare candy, while Dokusei gets 1 EXP. Both Ampharos and Munchkin get $4. Hiikaru gets $3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom