• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crowning Moments of Awesome

I suppose Butterfree's TVTropes Mafia game also counts. I mean, it has 50 people in it. That's basically most of the active forums members.

Going on from RvB the finale. The Crowning Moment of Awesome:

*Sarge approaches the Meta with his shotgun and the 'Hog tow cable. The Meta grabbes the shotgun and tosses it away, then holds Sarge up by the neck.*
"Oh no! I've lost my shotgun, Grif. What will I do without my shotgun? I can't solve this problem because I don't have my shotgun!" - Sarge
"Shotgun...Simmons, come on!" - Grif
*Grif and Simmons push the 'Hog towards the edge.*
"Hey, tell me, does that thing look like a big cat to you?" - Sarge
*Sarge points towards the 'Hog, which is falling off the edge.*
"Gggraar?" - Meta
*Sarge attatches the 'Hog tow cable to the Meta's shoulder plate.*
"Graah!!!!" - Meta
*The Meta is dragged away and falls off the cliff, grabbing Grif's leg as he goes. They both fall over the edge.*

Followed immediatly by the Crowning Moment of Funny:

*Sarge and Simmons stand on the edge of the cliff, mourning Grif*
"I can't believe it...he's really gone!" - Simmons
"He was a good soldier. He will be missed. Until we get a replacement, of course." - Sarge
*Tucker arrives*
"Hey, you know, sometimes in action movies, when the hero falls off the cliff, he's really just hanging just below the edge on a tree branch." - Tucker
"Nah. I'm sure he's dead." - Sarge
"I think I'll take a peek." - Simmons
"Seems like a waste of time to me." -Sarge
"It'll only take a second." - Simmons
"Don't consider it an order." - Sarge
"In that case..." - Simmons
"OH COME ON! JUST LOOK OVER THE DAMN EDGE ALREADY!" - Grif.
*Cuts to Grif, hanging from the wall from the blade of Meta's Brute Shot*

From the Saga of Darren Shan:
When Darren goads a dying Steve into knifing him in order to fuck up Mr. Tiny's apocalypse. "Destiny rejected."

From the Redemption of Althalus: 1. When Eliar appears suddenly from a door and mindrapes Pekhal with the Knife. 2. When Althalus sends Ghend and Khnom to Nowhere and Nowhen after they give up their chances to repent.

From Artemis Fowl:
When Artemis outgambits Spiro. "About my name - Artemis - you were right. In London, it is generally a female name, after the Greek goddess of archery. But every now and then a male comes along with such a talent for hunting that he earns the right to use the name. I am that male. Artemis the hunter. I hunted you."

From the Old Kingdom: When Yrael helps seal Orannis.

From the Dark Knight: When the supposedly-dead Gordon captures the Joker. "We've got you, you son of a bitch."

From Iron Man:
When Tony tricks Iron Monger. "How'd you solve the icing problem?" "Icing problem?" "Might want to look into it."

From the Bourne Ultimatum: When Jason and Landy send Vosen on a wild goose chase so Jason can break into his office. "If you were in your office right now, we'd be having this conversation face-to-face."

From Scrubs: 1. When Perry decks Kelso for being needlessly horrible to Elliot in "My Dream Job". 2. When JD gives Turk, Carla, Elliot and Perry a verbal smackdown about their relationships in "My T.C.W."

From the Mentalist: When Patrick escapes from jail using a pen, a piece of muffin, and the warden's muscaphobia.

From Family Guy: When Quagmire delivers a Reason You Suck Speech to Brian.

From the Simpsons: Homer finally giving Patty and Selma a dose of their own medicine at Bart's birth.

From the Office: An American Workplace: Andy outwitting Dwight by sneaking up on him in his hybrid.

From Frasier: Niles finally calling Mel out on all her shit and dumping her in public.

From South Park: Cartman obliterating Saddam Hussein with his lightning powers. "RESPECT MY FUCKING AUTHORITAH!"

From Futurama: Slurms' last stand as he literally brings the roof down to stop the Slurm Queen.

From Les Miserables: Valjean giving himself up to save Champmathieu, then handily defeating an armed Javert with nothing but the leg of a chair to escape and raise Cosette for Fantine.

From Chicago: Billy manipulating Roxie and the District Attorney by giving Velma fake evidence against Roxie to use to get a deal from the DA, then pointing out the obvious falsehoods within the diary and framing the DA for giving it to Velma, to get both Roxie and Velma off the hook and discredit the DA.

From Oliver!: 1. Oliver, after a lifetime abuse, standing up for himself and laying into Noah. 2. Bronlow calling Mr. Bumble out on the abuse of his powers and promising to have him stripped of his office. 3. The mighty Bill Sykes finally being killed by a randomer.

The series 2 finale of The West Wing. So much. It didn't make me smile, per se; I think my jaw was actually slack from how utterly awesome (and I use that word in the proper, I-have-just-seen-the-face-of-God sense) it was. The review on the back of the DVD box said "sometimes the dialogue reaches such levels of perfection I could weep" - it sounds ridiculous, but this is so, so true. Actual tears in my eyes and shivers down my spine every time.

Which one is that again?

the first time I ever beat an elite four & champion, just mere seconds before my friend. I was epic. Especially considering I started /after/ he did.

Which one is that again?

The whole episode is really one giant CMoA (I have to fight the urge to weep every time I hear Dire Strait's Brothers in Arms), but the absolutely ultimate scene is - you know what, sod the spoiler warning, it might get more people watching TWW - The President of the United States standing in the middle of the National Cathederal and shouting "to hell with you" at God in untranslated Latin.

Last edited:
It could just be me, but "I did it thirty-five minutes ago" has always been one of my favourites.

It's not just you.

There are probably other things I could name but they all escape me at the moment, though I will say that, while the battles themselves weren't anything special or challenging (doryuuzu will do that), BW's Elite Four music made the otherwise pretty standard fights feel like CMoAs. I was grinning and muttering "oh my god" while playing. On the train. I imagine I looked like an idiot.

The whole episode is really one giant CMoA (I have to fight the urge to weep every time I hear Dire Strait's Brothers in Arms), but the absolutely ultimate scene is - you know what, sod the spoiler warning, it might get more people watching TWW - The President of the United States standing in the middle of the National Cathederal and shouting "to hell with you" at God in untranslated Latin.

... oh, yes. Yes, I would have to agree.

Speaking of, there's also the President's first lines. And of course "when the President stands, nobody sits".

Oh pffff this is why I shouldn't post things when I'm sleep deprived.

I meant that you should've had a Big No moment when Butterfree closed the game.

LOL, sorry I think I took it the wrong way....

But I definately think it was more of a "DO NOT WANT" moment anyways.

Back
Top Bottom