• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters
I'm sorry, but I found this post to be a very silly one... we're talking Catholic school here. Do genderqueers really come into the equation?

Oddly enough I currently identify as bi, yet I voted hetero. This happen to anyone else?
Y...es, they do. Just because you're enrolled in Catholic school doesn't mean you can't be genderqueer or trans. Most children in Catholic school didn't choose to be enrolled there to begin with.

...okay, sure, you might run into a genderqueer student. I'm not denying the possibility here. But is it really that likely that you're going to run into one?

...okay, sure, you might run into a genderqueer student. I'm not denying the possibility here. But is it really that likely that you're going to run into one?
It's just as likely as you would in any other school; I mean, I don't know any "St. Darwin's School for the Queer and Curious", do you?

Fluttershy ♥;488724 said:
It's just as likely as you would in any other school; I mean, I don't know any "St. Darwin's School for the Queer and Curious", do you?

Okay. How likely are you to run into a genderqueer at any other school?

I'm sorry, but I found this post to be a very silly one... we're talking Catholic school here. Do genderqueers really come into the equation?

You can believe in a thing that says "being not cis-gendered is bad" and also be not cis-gendered, plus, you can be in a school with those beliefs without actually believing them. So probably there are just as many non-binary identified people there as in another school, only, they might be more in denial about it than the non-binary identified people in a school group that was okay with that would be (though there are plenty of other school groups that are not okay with that). Or they might not be in denial to themselves but they might hide it because they feel like they can't tell anyone.

Anyway, the point is that even if that poster doesn't know any non-binary identified people, they still exist, and so saying "both genders" is a mistake. A totally understandable mistake because lots of people grow up learning there are only two genders! But a mistake regardless.

Its kinda weird loving both genders.

Hello! One, you're not weird. You're a perfectly normal human being and it's okay!

Two, can you not say "both genders" in the future? If you said "I like boys and girls", that would be preferable! Like Vixie said, there are more than two, so!

I'm hetero. It's not so much that I'm not open to girls... I just don't feel any attraction there and never have. ^^; Men are hard to steer away from.

I have quite a lot of bi and homosexual friends and really try to support them, though. c: I'm so glad when I see someone be honest with their feelings and come out of the closet and decide to live how they want to. It can definitely be quite difficult, depending on your circumstances. You could always use a friend to talk to!

One of my best pals is my sassy gay friend. What they say is so true... I'd be lost without that fabulous man of mine. ;<

Back
Top Bottom