• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

"Pool Party" Tournament.

Espeon

Mmhm...
Now that summer's fast approaching (for those of us in the northern hemisphere, anyway), it's about time to kick back, relax, and spend all day inside with your Pokémon games instead of out playing in the sun. With that in mind, I thought it might be nice to have a little fun tournament to give you something to do with those hours of free time when you otherwise might not be breeding or training.

Here's how it works:

1. Upon signing up, name two different pokémon besides those in the pool below (basically, different than the ones other people have already picked). You are under no obligation to use these yourself on your final team, but they will be added to the pool of potential pokémon that could be used on yours, or on anyone else's, team. Legendary pokémon may not be selected.

2. Sign-ups begin Sunday, April 27th and end Sunday, May 4th. After sign-ups close, all participants will have two weeks to prepare their teams. The first round will begin Monday, May 19th.

3. All participants must use a team of six pokémon, all of which come from the pool at the bottom of this post. You may use pokémon at any level of evolution within the lines of any of these pokémon (e.g. if someone picks raichu, you may use pikachu). However, if a pokémon has a branching evolutionary line, such as eevee, then you may only use the form that a player has selected. If a person chooses vaporeon, then, you may not use espeon or leafeon. On the other hand, if someone picks a pokémon with a split evolution line that is not fully evolved, such as eevee, you may use only that pokémon's evolutions up to the point where the split occurs and no higher. For example, if someone chooses oddish, you may use oddish or gloom, but not vileplume or bellossom.

Battles are 1vs1 and conducted at lv. 50 over wi-fi. The only clauses in play are species clause and sleep clause.

4. Exact tournament format will be determined once all players have signed up and I see how many people are participating.

5. As of now, there are no prizes for this tournament, as I most likely won't be around to give them out; however, if someone wants to donate something, that would be fine.

If you're game, post here with your chosen pokémon, and we'll get things started!

Original Participants:
Walker
Shadow Serenity
Beluga Walrein
Whivit
Hydropi von Karma
Hikari
Kratos Aurion
Driftrider
Lunar Espeon
Crystylla
Savage Shellgon
JamesTheChatoNite

Pokémon Pool:
Infernape
Gengar
Milotic
Electivire
Manectric
Alakazam
Weavile
Lucario
Gallade
Ninjask
Vaporeon
Staraptor
Floatzel
Jolteon
Skarmory
Blissey
Slowbro
Absol
Clefable
Houndoom
Hippowdon
Gyarados
Feraligatr
Chimecho

Remaining Participants:
Walker
Shadow Serenity
Whivit
Mudkip
Hikari
Kratos Aurion
Savage Shellgon

Round 3:
Whivit vs. Savage Shellgon
Kratos Aurion vs. Hikari
Walker vs. Mudkip

Round 4:
Seeing as we have three left, this will be a round robin format round. (I couldn't have worded that any worse...)
1. Kratos Aurion -
2. Mudkip -
3. Savage Shellgon -

Person with the most wins will win the torunament. If there's a draw, the people drawing will battle each other, the winner of which wins the tournament. If everyone ends up with the same, (one win, one loss), then we'll repeat the round as "round 5".

Last edited:
Just for my memory's sake, can you re-make the list of all the usable pokemon in the pool? These are what I remember:

Milotic, Electivire, Feraligatr, Infernape, Alakazam, Blissey, Skarmory, Chimecho, and Clefable.

Yeah, I have the memory of a goldfish, okay? >.>;

Pretty sure there was also:
Gengar, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Staraptor, Gallade, Ninjask, Gyarados, Lucario, Hippowdon, and Houndoom. Pretty sure that's it, but I could be wrong.

Also, I need re-pairing, because I have no idea who I was facing in round three.

Staraptor was in it?

Okay, I'll get to repairing everyone.
So, it's Hikari, Klavier, Walker, Kratos, Whivit and Shadow Serenity now?

No. I never nominated Lucario, but I nominated Vaporeon. ^^:

Anyways I like recovered the first post before the forums died.

Now that summer's fast approaching (for those of us in the northern hemisphere, anyway), it's about time to kick back, relax, and spend all day inside with your Pokémon games instead of out playing in the sun. With that in mind, I thought it might be nice to have a little fun tournament to give you something to do with those hours of free time when you otherwise might not be breeding or training.

Here's how it works:

1. Upon signing up, name two different pokémon besides those in the pool below (basically, different than the ones other people have already picked). You are under no obligation to use these yourself on your final team, but they will be added to the pool of potential pokémon that could be used on yours, or on anyone else's, team. Legendary pokémon may not be selected.

2. Sign-ups begin Sunday, April 27th and end Sunday, May 4th. After sign-ups close, all participants will have two weeks to prepare their teams. The first round will begin Monday, May 19th.

3. All participants must use a team of six pokémon, all of which come from the pool at the bottom of this post. You may use pokémon at any level of evolution within the lines of any of these pokémon (e.g. if someone picks raichu, you may use pikachu). However, if a pokémon has a branching evolutionary line, such as eevee, then you may only use the form that a player has selected. If a person chooses vaporeon, then, you may not use espeon or leafeon. On the other hand, if someone picks a pokémon with a split evolution line that is not fully evolved, such as eevee, you may use only that pokémon's evolutions up to the point where the split occurs and no higher. For example, if someone chooses oddish, you may use oddish or gloom, but not vileplume or bellossom.

Battles are 1vs1 and conducted at lv. 50 over wi-fi. The only clauses in play are species clause and sleep clause.

4. Exact tournament format will be determined once all players have signed up and I see how many people are participating.

5. As of now, there are no prizes for this tournament, as I most likely won't be around to give them out; however, if someone wants to donate something, that would be fine.

If you're game, post here with your chosen pokémon, and we'll get things started!

Players:

Walker
Shadow Serenity
Beluga Walrein
Whivit
Hydropi von Karma
Hikari
Kratos Aurion
Driftrider
Lunar Espeon
Crystylla
Savage Shellgon
JamesTheChatoNite

Pokémon Pool:

Infernape
Gengar
Milotic
Electivire
Manectric
Alakazam
Weavile
Lucario
Gallade
Ninjask
Vaporeon
Staraptor
Floatzel
Jolteon
Skarmory
Blissey
Slowbro
Absol
Clefable
Houndoom
Hippowdon
Gyarados
Feraligatr
Chimecho

Round One Pairings:

Walker vs Crystylla - Done
Shadow Serenity vs Kratos Aurion - Done
Hydropi von Karma vs Lunar Espeon - Done
Hikari vs Savage Shellgon - Done
Beluga Walrein vs Whivit
(Beluga Walrein vs DriftRider)
(Whivit vs JamestheChatoNite)

Round Two Pairings:

Savage Shellgon vs Shadow Serenity
Lunar Espeon vs Walker
Hikari vs Hydropi von Karma
Crystylla vs Beluga Walrein
Whivit vs Kratos Aurion

Round One and Two results:
Walker - WW
Shadow Serenity - L
Beluga Walrein
Whivit - W
Mudkip - W
Hikari - L
Kratos Aurion - WL
Lunar Espeon - LL
Crystylla - L
Savage Shellgon - W
JamesTheChatoNite
Driftrider

Hikari, you are an absolute genius. Kudos to you. I might try and get you a prize from somewhere! x_x;

Last edited:
I'm impressed Hikari. However, I don't know if either it was never updated, or you have a slightly old copy, but I already battled (and lost to) Savage Shellgon. :P

Last edited:
So as it turns out I changted my name. I got tired of Savage Shellgon after two days then got even more upset after I realized I spelled it wrong. So I changed my name again... and I'm probabaly going to change it... again.

Anyway, I'm back and ready to battle.

Okay. Well, Mudkip von Karma kept changing their name. Eventually they were Klavier. (Piano? xD)

I just didn't bother changing the names to save confusion.

And oh yay, that's helpful. Shadow Serenity doesn't go through, and we get an even number!

EDIT: Can we start round three... Atall?

Last edited:
Can we please just get all the battles done now? ._.;

We really don't have that many to go. Please don't die! :<

Back
Top Bottom