The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Non-Pokémon > Entertainment

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-17-2013, 01:03 AM
Ether's Bane Ether's Bane is offline
future Singaporean
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Land of Apocalypse & Solitude
Posts: 2,064
Pronoun: he
Ether's Bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Ether's Bane
Default OTPs/NoTPs

Basically, post shippings that you love or hate here.
__________________
T-U-M-B-L-R

Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Funny story involving swears. Friend of mine with a dirty mouth was getting owned in soccer. The ref threatened to red card him if he swore again. Very next play he hits the ball out of bounds, starts yelling "SHI-" then catches himself and finishes "-TAKE MUSHROOMS!" He got red carded.


Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-17-2013, 03:15 AM
qva's Avatar
qva qva is offline
pretty good
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: space coast
Age: 19
Posts: 2,798
Pronoun: she
qva is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

I ship Freddie and I.

But really, Deacury is pretty adorable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-17-2013, 03:17 AM
Superbird's Avatar
Superbird Superbird is offline
Fire emblem is great
 
Join Date: December 28, 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 22
Posts: 4,734
Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

I rarely ever actually ship characters in fiction. In real life, however...
__________________
Visit my art website - Monitors of Modern Art! Updates weekly.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[23:53:13] +0riginalTrainer: This is a direct result of the patriarchy.
[23:53:51] +J.D.Deuce: feminism is awesome
[23:53:52] +Viscereal: uh please address me by my pronouns
[23:53:59] +Viscereal: loom/looms/loomself
[23:54:35] +0riginalTrainer: You white male cis scum, check you privilege. No matter how many documents you throw in front of me, the wage gap is real.
[23:54:58] +J.D.Deuce: you've been warned lol
[23:55:14] +B1SHARP: So you believe that fathers deserve the same leave after they have an at home newborn as mothers?
[23:55:40] +0riginalTrainer: So you believe that women should be drafted too?
[23:55:45] +B1SHARP: Yes
[23:55:45] +Viscereal: yes, when they have a baby shove itself through their dick they can get work off
[23:55:47] +Takron Galtos: I'd settle just for at-home leave actually be guarunteed without penalties for mothers.
[23:55:51] +Superbird: you know what we need right now
[23:55:53] +Takron Galtos: That's not even standard yet.
[23:56:00] +0riginalTrainer: What I hate about feminism is that it turns a lot of male issues into female issues, then calls it feminism.
[23:56:02] +Viscereal: challenge cup round robin?
[23:56:03] +Superbird: a tourney to distract everyone from controvertial discussion
[23:56:03] @amr97: another tournament
[23:56:06] @amr97: hurry hurry
[23:56:08] +Superbird: NAILED IT
[23:56:11] +KillerOrcas: woah there what happened here
Battle Spot Doubles (VGC 2015) Single Elimination Tournament created.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-17-2013, 04:03 AM
hopeandjoy's Avatar
hopeandjoy hopeandjoy is offline
yan ya yan ya yaa iii yaaa
 
Join Date: June 26, 2008
Location: Offer void in Nebraska
Age: 22
Posts: 2,449
Pronoun: She
hopeandjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to hopeandjoy
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

I ship all kinds of things, but my perpetual shame of yaoi fangirls always makes me reluctant to post ships. (It's not all slash. Just... Mostly slash.)

The only NoTPs I have are things like main villain/hero or sibling pairs because they squick me. I wouldn't call a ship my NoTP just because I don't ship it though. NoTPs give me a visceral reaction not "meh" or "not my thing" or "shine on you crazy diamond".
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Murkrow's Avatar
Murkrow Murkrow is offline
Says "also" and "or something" a lot
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: UK
Age: 26
Posts: 3,243
Pronoun: He
Murkrow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

I don't ship much at all. There are some I can understand more than others, and ones that I'm tired of seeing brought up but don't actually dislike.


However I am prone to people pointing out that a ship is possible within canon which leads me to notice it more in the actual show. An example of that kind is Mugi/Sawako in K-ON.

Then there's ships that make so much sense that I didn't have to know that it was a thing to know that it was a thing. Like Luigi/Daisy. I don't think there's any canon backing that up but it's so obvious. Not sure what Luigi did to merit two statues of him built on Daisy's circuit. (Side note: if Daisy's circuit is owned by Daisy, which if it isn't it makes even less sense for those statues to be there, does that mean it's in Sarasaland?)

Then there's ships that definitely aren't a thing in canon but it's still obvious that people ship them even though I haven't seen people ship them. This is either because the dynamic between the characters is adorable and/or because they have annoy each other all the time or are enemies. Examples of this kind are Spock/McCoy from Star Trek Bashir/Garak from Star Trek DS9.

Then there's real life shippings! I shipped two of my lecturers in my first year. Not sure why, it just popped into my head one day and I found it hilarious.

Last edited by Murkrow; 11-17-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Ether's Bane Ether's Bane is offline
future Singaporean
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Land of Apocalypse & Solitude
Posts: 2,064
Pronoun: he
Ether's Bane is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Ether's Bane
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

I'm an avid shipper.

Here is a list of all my ships, though not all of them qualify for OTP status.

The ones that do are:

Rose ♥ Kanaya
Karkat ♥ Terezi
Terezi ♦ Vriska
Aranea ♠ Meenah
Lyra/Bon-Bon
Vinyl Scratch/Octavia
Kyoko/Homura
Marceline/Princess Bubblegum
Yui/Mugi
Mario/Rosalina
Bianca/Cheren
Jasmine/Volkner
Kyon/Haruhi

As for NoTPs:

Eridan ♥ Sollux (FUCK. THIS. SHIP.)
John ♥ Dave
Pikachu/Buneary
Twilight/Applejack
Madoka/Homura
Sycamore/Lysandre
__________________
T-U-M-B-L-R

Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Funny story involving swears. Friend of mine with a dirty mouth was getting owned in soccer. The ref threatened to red card him if he swore again. Very next play he hits the ball out of bounds, starts yelling "SHI-" then catches himself and finishes "-TAKE MUSHROOMS!" He got red carded.


Lemmy Kilmister
1945-2015
R.I.P.

\m/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2013, 01:15 PM
qva's Avatar
qva qva is offline
pretty good
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: space coast
Age: 19
Posts: 2,798
Pronoun: she
qva is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

PikachuxBuneary is adorable, so is SycamorexLysandre, what is wrong with you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2013, 04:23 PM
sv_01's Avatar
sv_01 sv_01 is offline
Witch of Light
 
Join Date: February 21, 2011
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 3,987
Pronoun: She
sv_01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

Pete/Myka from Warehouse 13 (HG is interested in Myka too, but Pete is the main guy)
Worf/Jadzia
Amy/Rory
Aranea ♥ Meenah
Roxy ♦ Calliope
And when it comes to seeing quadrants outside of Homestuck...
Worf ♦ Martok
Sisko ♦ Jadzia
Doctor ♠ Daleks (Big ship here. The Master is no competition because the Doctor doesn't hate him that much.)

I definitely don't ship obviously incestuous stuff. Why do people even ship the Latis as lovers?
__________________
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.








Yay!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Scootaloo's Avatar
Scootaloo Scootaloo is offline
spooky? do you think i'm spooky?
 
Join Date: December 24, 2011
Location: South Carolina
Age: 19
Posts: 1,078
Pronoun: She
Scootaloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

Ben Wyatt and Leslie Knope are my #1 OTP because I just love their chemistry and they are actually a couple in P&R so that makes me happy :'D
Some others include real life shippings including my jazz band teacher and the colourguard instructor for marching band, Cheerliee and Big McIntosh, Nick and Jess from New Girl, etc. etc.
__________________
Steam: Zubattalion | PSN: Zubattalion | 3DS FC: 4983-4946-0075


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-19-2013, 12:39 AM
SonicScrewdriverTaco's Avatar
SonicScrewdriverTaco SonicScrewdriverTaco is offline
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE !
 
Join Date: October 4, 2013
Location: IN SPAAAAAAAACE!
Age: 15
Posts: 221
Pronoun: she
SonicScrewdriverTaco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_01 View Post
Doctor ♠ Daleks (Big ship here. The Master is no competition because the Doctor doesn't hate him that much.)

I definitely don't ship obviously incestuous stuff. Why do people even ship the Latis as lovers?
I ship the Doctor and a Dalek SO MUCH-----
Anyway, I also love:
Derpy WhoovesXDoctor Whooves
PerilXClay (Wings of fire)
OakXBlue (Warriors)
EDIT: Just gonna add this:
DoctorXMaster -runs away-
__________________
Quote:
Rose went away, so the Doctor is blue. Ask Donna, “Where’s the Doctor?” She’ll reply, “Doctor Who?” Sarah Jane, Martha, and now both the Ponds had their fun with the Doctor and now they’ve all gone. So ask me again why the TARDIS is blue: There’s a sad man inside, with both hearts torn in two.
-------------
IluvchuDarky

Last edited by SonicScrewdriverTaco; 11-26-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-19-2013, 01:40 PM
qva's Avatar
qva qva is offline
pretty good
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: space coast
Age: 19
Posts: 2,798
Pronoun: she
qva is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

Oh, we're supposed to post all of our shippings? I should probably read the firstpost a bit better in the future. :p

Hm, this is kind of hard.

OTPs
Tierno ♥ Trevor (deal with it).
Also Iris ♥ Shauna (I'm probably the only one that ships this but they're essentially the same people, c'mon guys, also they're both adorable).
Um I adore Ferriswheel shipping (N ♥ Hilda) because it's adorable also.
Still ship Deacury even though they're both dead (John Deacon ♥ Freddie Mercury).
I ship Roger Taylor and everyone because he's a sex god.
Buneary ♥ Pikachu is pretty great.
Also Lysandre and Sycamore is ♪.
Totally shipping Korra ♥ Bolin at the moment, even though it'll never happen, but it would be adorable.
Iris' Axew ♥ Iris' Emolga (I mean come on guys, adorbs).
Mewtwo ♥ Amber ;-;


Also, my experience with shipping, virtually everyone shipped two people in my school, and they didn't really like each other (in fact, they were probably mortal enemies), so no one actually expected it, and then the guy came to school one day and announced that they were dating and it ended in about three days, so I think maybe they did it just to sate people's horrible ships? They'd still be adorable together, I continue to ship it. ~

NoTPs
Brian May ♥ Freddie Mercury.
Basically anyone ♥ Ash (I hate Ash so much oh my god).
Dawn ♥ Cynthia (I can't even believe that's a thing).
PalletShipping above all. Yuck.
Oak ♥ Tracey.
Oak ♥ Delia.
Hell, anything with Oak in it, really.
Cheren ♥ Hilbert.
Max ♥ Jirachi (really? really???)

And that's about it. Thank you for your time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Jolty's Avatar
Jolty Jolty is offline
FOR THE YARD!!!!
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: Driftveil City
Age: 27
Posts: 1,547
Pronoun: He
Jolty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvalador View Post
Still ship Deacury even though they're both dead (John Deacon ♥ Freddie Mercury).
deaky isn't dead. he's retired/invisible.

sure is a lot of RPS in here........

and as to not make my post completely off topic, my otp to end all otps is me/clay (pokemon).
but if that doesn't count, then byron/brandon.
__________________
persian-alolasandshrew-alola
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Connoiseusse Burgundy's Avatar
Connoiseusse Burgundy Connoiseusse Burgundy is offline
Like a piece of burnt toast!
 
Join Date: February 3, 2012
Location: Unova
Posts: 1,257
Pronoun: she
Connoiseusse Burgundy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

NOTPs:
Hinata X Komaeda
Mako X Korra
Mako X Asami

OTPs:
Mako X a rusty knife through the heart
Veigar X Lulu
Naoto X Kanji
Teddie X Everyone
Voltar X Leon
Ness X White Sesame Seed
Nazzy X Fridge
Roxio X Minimoose
__________________
You're about as clueless as a birthday present without ribbons or wrapping paper!

Last edited by Connoiseusse Burgundy; 12-05-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 PM
ultraviolet's Avatar
ultravioletMOD ultraviolet is offline
i married MD, u were all too slow
 
Join Date: June 24, 2008
Location: australia (the uncool part)
Age: 26
Posts: 3,785
Pronoun: she
ultraviolet is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

shipping real people creeps me way the fuck out to be honest

but then again basically everything i ship is canon so maybe that just says something about me
__________________
nidoqueen
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Flora's Avatar
Flora Flora is offline
Captain Husbando
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Cornfields, PA
Age: 24
Posts: 5,848
Pronoun: they
Flora is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvalador View Post
Max ♥ Jirachi (really? really???)
Why is this even a shIP

do i even HAVE any NoTPs? actually well i guess Max/Jirachi counts because WHY.

I'm actually pretty complacent about ships in that I don't exactly have OTPs really? Like I'll be like "aww that's cute" and maybe read fic but I don't know of ones that make me hurt deep inside.

(except my own characters, oddly enough)
__________________
Everyday I'm tumblin'
Eifie is somehow at fault for the usertitle (hint: my boyfriend is Captain Waifu)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Worst Username Ever's Avatar
Worst Username Ever Worst Username Ever is offline
(laughs)
 
Join Date: June 29, 2008
Location: whoopshoop lazers offices
Age: 24
Posts: 2,402
Pronoun: She
Worst Username Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

I don't really ship, since I never had any interest in it... I guess I just have no interest in romance Though for some pairings I can see why people like it/think there might be something (even when I disagree)... and for others I just don't see it. Maybe because I'm oblivious to this kind of thing.

As for NoTPs... I'm neutral to most pairings, but real people ships kind of creep me out. Also, I tend to dislike "enemy" pairings, or when one is shown to hate the other.
__________________


My webcomic, Consolers. It's about game companies

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Vipera Magnifica's Avatar
Vipera Magnifica Vipera Magnifica is offline
Snake Friend
 
Join Date: May 3, 2010
Location: United Snakes of America
Age: 25
Posts: 3,403
Pronoun: He
Vipera Magnifica is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

I don't really ship, per se. There are some characters that have perfect chemistry together that I can appreciate, but often times these aren't necessarily romantic pairings. For example, I love the relationship between Zuko and Iroh. And I love the relationship between the tenth doctor and Donna. I really get annoyed when some people reduce deep, meaningful relationships into overly saccharine fantasies or "lol they just wanna fuck."

Though I did see this a few days ago and if you don't ship these two then it is scientifically proven that you have no soul.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-04-2014, 10:31 AM
sv_01's Avatar
sv_01 sv_01 is offline
Witch of Light
 
Join Date: February 21, 2011
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 3,987
Pronoun: She
sv_01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

I forgot one: Kurloz/Damara. I haven't seen them interact much, but they could be creepily cute together.
__________________
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.








Yay!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-19-2014, 02:15 AM
DarkAura's Avatar
DarkAura DarkAura is offline
loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
 
Join Date: May 16, 2011
Age: 19
Posts: 4,267
Pronoun: She
DarkAura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

Listing all the ships I support would probably take up twelve pages because I see every ship as "cool, this could be really cute!" and the only ones I actively say no to are incest (Pinecest = nopenoPENOPE) and Doey/Zuncan.

My absolutely true OTPs are Zoke (Zoey/Mike from Total Drama, and I refuse to let Duncan be with Zoey because holy fuck they're just friends and Mike and Zoey are so happy TD fandom why) and ShinRan (Shinichi/Ran, did I mention how amazing Detective Conan is?).
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-19-2014, 02:20 PM
sv_01's Avatar
sv_01 sv_01 is offline
Witch of Light
 
Join Date: February 21, 2011
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 3,987
Pronoun: She
sv_01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OTPs/NoTPs

Shauna/Player Character
Vriska ♦ Meenah
The predominated Calliope out there ♠ Lord English (I'm OK with these being sorta related... Might even be a stable time loop. Well, two loops.)
__________________
GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.








Yay!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.