• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Person of the Year 2008

Lorem Ipsum

Pronoun
x
So, I was reading Time's articles about Person of the Year 2007, and started wondering who would be shortlisted for PoY 2008. But anyway, I had an idea; why don't we do Person of the Year or something on this forum?

Like something where people nominate people and the top 6 or so get voted for to get the award? So, for example, everybody nominates somebody, and the top 6 (in this case, Barack Obama, Vanessa-Mae, David Cameron and three other people) get voted for in a poll. The winner (let's say Barack Obama) wins the award.

So, if you want to nominate people, then go ahead, I guess...

Nominations
Sarah Palin
Barack Obama
Tom Cruise
Alex Munroe - 3 Nominations
Chuck Norris - 2 Nominations
Jesus
Satoshi Tajiri

Last edited:
Sorry, we don't do popularity contests. EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT ABOUT FORUM MEMBERS.

EDIT: Oh wait. I vote for Sarah Palin! I love her.

MD nominated Sarah Palin. It was probably jokingly, but a nomination is a nomination, and unless he tells me to take it off, I can't. He might genuinely want to nominate her.

Like something where people nominate people and the top 6 or so get voted for to get the award? So, for example, everybody nominates somebody, and the top 6 (in this case, Barack Obama, Vanessa-Mae, David Cameron and three other people) get voted for in a poll. The winner (let's say Barack Obama) wins the award.
Okay, so did I get this straight: we nominate people, then we vote for the ones we like, and the top 6 have absolutely nothing to do with anything, and the winner is the winner - right?

EDIT:

I nominate Barack Obama.
Oh, it's on, little man. It's on.

The six people who received the most nominations get put into a poll where people vote and we get the Person of the Year.

I nominate myself, to compete with Alex Munroe.

If I can't nominate myself, then I also nominate him.

GO FOR GOLD MAN (unless I am competing with you in which case go for silver)

Back
Top Bottom