• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony

I grew up with MLP much like Danni and Cirrus, but I love the new style. Watching the old MLP, I notice just how bad the animation was, and it would be impossible to stick to that style just because of how old it is. They revived it really, really well, and really adorably. :D

Win, win, win, win, win, and win. Oh, and win.

EDIT: Jumped onto the name bandwagon. Now all that's missing is an avatar...

EDIT #2: Got it!

Last edited:
EDIT: Come to think of it, I don't think there's been any mention of the sea or where dragons are from at all...

Some kind of explanation of dragons later would be pretty cool. There was that Eastern-looking purple dragon that lived in a river, then the big red Western-looking dragon and something about them napping for a hundred years or something...? But they're still both called dragons, even though they're clearly different varieties. What kind is Spike supposed to be? Are colors relevant? (Also Spike's apparent crush on Rarity is weird. How does that work?)

Wasn't there an episode in the first series where Spike goes looking for other dragons so he can better learn how to be one? Maybe they'll remake that one somehow. I didn't really watch the first series so I don't really know how relevant dragons were to the series compared to this one thus far...

Last edited:
Eeee I wasn't planning on getting a forum pony name but...omg Applebloom :3

Why does the internet suddenly love this?

And why can I not stop watching it? ;.;

I really think it's given me diabetes.

Last edited:
I... I am watching more of it. :'D It's just so delightfully twee!

Fluttershy and Pinky Pie are adorable. <3 The other characters are kinda eh, and Spike is so not as adorable as she should be. Grr. But the script and humour are pretty good, better than I was expecting.

312xvs9.jpg
20s87xf.jpg

Rarity avatars for whoevs. :v Because there should be better ones, or something.

312xvs9.jpg
20s87xf.jpg

Rarity avatars for whoevs. :v Because there should be better ones, or something.

Did I ever mention how much I fucking love you?

(Rock-ground here, by the way.)

Anyway, to go on with my gushing of Episode 5:

(SPOILERS COMING)

The first few scenes were absurdly cute/epic.
The prank spree was hilarious.
Gilda being a bitch to Pinkie = priceless.
The party scene was awesomely brilliant. One of the most epic "owned" sequences I've ever seen.

I just love "Taming of the Bitch"-type episodes.

(I know that there's probably a trope for this kind of ep, but I don't know what it is.)

Last edited:
I went on a pony binge last night. It's the best way to waste a night I've yet to find, and I've found quite a few.

Mother: *walks into room* What are you doing?

Me: Watching My Little Pony.

Mother: .... *looks towards ceiling* Why, God, why?

Mother: *walks into room* What are you doing?

Me: Watching My Little Pony.

Mother: .... *looks towards ceiling* Why, God, why?

I sort of keep this a deep, deep secret that NOBODY SHOULD EVER FIND OUT.

which sucks because of how great the show is

I was drawing some fanart today, and my mom walked into the room, raised her eyebrows, sighed and said: "You'll never grow up."
but I was like MOOOM NO this is serious work really this stuff is from LAUREN FAUST remember how I was obsessed with powerpuff girls PLUS I'm studying to be an illustrator/animator blahblahblah...

... and then, she understood.
and gave me some money to buy myself a happy meal with a pony toy.
win.

Back
Top Bottom