• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is it just me?

Zexion

All the right shades, on the wrong page.
Pronoun
he
I have had to use the < p > tags in order to make a multi-paragraph message. Is this happening to everyone, or just me?

Another thing is that the dropdown arrow next to 'Quick Links' has dissapered. I can't use CTRL + I anymore to created italics. Nor have I been able to use CTRL + U or CTRL + B top create underlines or bold phrases.

The forum is slowly turning into a evil thing that is very similar to the Opera software on my DSi. Is anyone else having this issue?

Using <p> tags to make a multiple-paragraph message doesn't make any sense, because HTML tags are automatically escaped in posts; HTML tags that you type into the reply box will never actually get parsed. There may have been a glitch that happened to fix itself when you tried it the second time with the <p> tag, but there's no way any <p> tags you posted actually got passed through to the HTML of the parsed post.

Using <p> tags to make a multiple-paragraph message doesn't make any sense, because HTML tags are automatically escaped in posts; HTML tags that you type into the reply box will never actually get parsed. There may have been a glitch that happened to fix itself when you tried it the second time with the <p> tag, but there's no way any <p> tags you posted actually got passed through to the HTML of the parsed post.

I don`t know. Whenever I quote, it shows the tags. It won`t allow me to multi-paragraph w/o those tags. And now, once I read a post that was once under 'New Posts' and I go back there, it is gone from the 'New Posts.' It used to be that it woul stay there marked as read until someone else posted.

EDIT: I am officially done with Internet Explorer. I just downloaded Mozilla Firefox and now everything that I lost is working. Sorry for the trouble this caused. Mozilla Firefox, I love you!:love::love:

Last edited:
testing

EDIT: If you use the WYSIWYG editor with JavaScript off, then yes, it seems you can type HTML (and you need to, if you want any formatting) but it gets sanitized. (It's sanitizing out <p> tags, though—if I want a new paragraph, I have to use <br /> twice...)

Back
Top Bottom