• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I liek Squirtles vs Keldeo

Round Nine

I liek Squirtles (xxxxxooxOo)
Litwick
Api Lahir ♀ @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Keldeo (oooooxxoOo)
Sigilyph
Luke Atmey ♂ @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard

------------------------------​

Alright, Api. Showtime.

Toxic plus two Hexes are the name of the game right now.

If a Magic Coat is up on the first action, go Heat Wave with two Shadow Balls instead.

Toxic/Heat Wave~Hex/Shadow Ball x2

Dark Pulse. If she has clones, you can't hit with Dark Pulse, or Dark Pulse is spited, imprisoned, or disabled, switch to Aerial Ace. If she's unhittable with both these moves and you're not Taunted, Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, Chill.

Dark Pulse / Aerial Ace / Calm Mind ~ Dark Pulse / Aerial Ace / Cosmic Power ~ Dark Pulse / Aerial Ace / Chill

Zvarri! What a diminutive foe. Not a match for the marvelous likes of the one and only Luke Atmey, Ace Detective! Flapping his wings decisively, Luke Atmey focuses and sends a stream of dark thoughts Api Lahir's way with his third eye, thoughts of inferiority and smallness. It's all too much for Api Lahir, and her flame goes right out as she screams in fright. Trembling on the spot, poor little Api Lahir is too terrified to unscramble her thoughts and pick out the move she was supposed to use. Luke Atmey takes quick advantage of this, firing off more dark energy her way. The tiny Litwick's flame, just flickering back to life, dies out a second time, and Api Lahir looks desperately to her trainer, a hopeless look in her eyes.

Luke Atmey has no room within him for such fickle emotions as sympathy! Chirruping victoriously, he unleashes another deadly strike from his third eye. This time, however, Api Lahir grits her teeth and focuses with all her might, managing to keep her candle burning. Her flame takes on a deep black shade as she haltingly begins an ancient chant, cursing Luke Atmey to a lifetime of failure at crime, as he shall be outsmarted by... a mere thief?! Poppycock! Still, the thought quite unsettles Luke Atmey, and he flutters unsteadily down to the ground to rest.

I liek Squirtles (xxxxxooxXo)
Litwick
Api Lahir ♀ @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 62%
Energy: 97%
Score: 159
Status: Disappointed that she messed up her battling debut.
Used: [flinch] ~ [flinch] ~ Hex

Keldeo (oooooxxoOo)
Sigilyph
Luke Atmey ♂ @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Health: 88%
Energy: 85%
Score: 173
Used: Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse

Arena Status
  • The arena is kind of destroyed now. There are a bunch of chunks torn out of the ground, and melted rock is lying around everywhere. Good work, friends.

Damage and Energy
  • Api Lahir's Health: 100% - 19% (Dark Pulse) - 19% (Dark Pulse) = 62%
  • Api Lahir's Energy: 100% - 3% (Hex) = 97%
  • Luke Atmey's Health: 100% - 12% (Hex) = 88%
  • Luke Atmey's Energy: 100% - 5% (Dark Pulse) - 5% (Dark Pulse) - 5% (Dark Pulse) = 85%

Notes
  • Luke Atmey's first Dark Pulse was a crit and caused a flinch. Zvarri!
  • Luke Atmey's second Dark Pulse was a crit and caused a flinch. Get away from the RNG, Luke Atmey.
  • Like Atmey's third Dark Pulse rolled for a flinch, but flinches are supposed to lose their effectiveness the more they happen, probably to prevent ridiculous rounds like this. So Api Lahir managed to get over her sheer terror and attack normally.
  • For the final round, we have Baskin facing off against Zipper. PM your commands, etc.

Round Ten

I liek Squirtles (xxxxxooxxO)
Vanillite
Baskin ♂ @ Smoke Ball
Ability: Ice Body

Keldeo (oooooxxooO)
Mawile
Zipper ♀ @ Expert Belt
Ability: Hyper Cutter

Sheer Cold thrice unless Zipper's using Focus Punch (Protect when it uses it) or using Special Fire-typed moves or Focus Blast (Mirror Coat).

Sheer Cold/Protect/Mirror Coat x3

Let's do it! Start by making a medium substitute. Next, Focus Punch while your sub's still up, or Iron Head if not - don't try to switch if he destroys your sub while you're charging, though. If you can't hit her, Swords Dance the second action, or Chill on the last. If she used Uproar on the second action, Iron Head on the last.

Substitute (15) ~ Focus Punch / Iron Head / Swords Dance ~ Focus Punch / Iron Head / Chill

Zipper immediately chomps down into the pavement below, looking for a jewel with a nice chewy texture. Alas, she finds none, but she does grind up some plain old stones, which she hastily spits out from her jaws and fashions into a rough likeness of herself. Baskin, meanwhile, hovers in the air with his eyes closed, cold radiating powerfully from his tiny body. First frost covers the grass outside the arena, and then all plantlife wilts entirely as icicles begin to form around the roller coaster tracks. Zipper trembles helplessly in the cold until her Substitute, eyes suddenly blinking to life, leaps on top of her and spreads itself around her, filled with heat just like her favourite fluffy winter coat. Her Substitute grows less and less fluffy as it ices over until Baskin runs out of energy and falls to the ground, exhausted, while the Substitute shatters into a thousand shards of ice. At least Zipper is unharmed.

For her next trick, Zipper decides to keep it simple. She lunges forward and whacks Baskin on the side with her jaws, and the tiny ice cream cone squeaks in pain. Traces of heat from her Substitute are still left on her jaws, and Baskin chatters in distress as he begins to melt. Instead of attacking again, he must instead blow a cool breeze over himself to retain his delicious form. Smirking at her success, Zipper swings her jaws around to hit Baskin a second time, hitting him right in the base of his cone. The Vanillite screams as his cone cracks in half, needing a moment to recover himself in order to execute his next move. Closing his eyes, he focuses hard on the environment around him, in particular its disturbingly high temperature. Again a heavy cold begins to settle over the arena, but Baskin's concentration is broken when a roller coaster car cracks in two from the cold and one half crashes loudly onto the pavement beside him. Exhausted from this heavy effort, Baskin falls over of his own accord, while Zipper merely watches him in amusement.

I liek Squirtles (xxxxxooxxX)
Vanillite
Baskin ♂ @ Smoke Ball
Ability: Ice Body
Health: 62%
Energy: 0%
Score: 62
Used: Sheer Cold ~ [flinch] ~ Sheer Cold (missed)

Keldeo (oooooxxooO)
Mawile
Zipper ♀ @ Expert Belt
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Health: 85%
Energy: 84%
Score: 169
Used: Substitute (15%) ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head

Arena Status
  • The arena is kind of destroyed now. There are a bunch of chunks torn out of the ground, and melted rock is lying around everywhere. Good work, friends.

Damage and Energy
  • Baskin's Health: 100% - 17% (Iron Head) - 21% (Iron Head) = 62%
  • Baskin's Energy: 100% - 50% (Sheer Cold) - 50% (Sheer Cold) = 0%
  • Zipper's Health: 100% - 15% (Substitute) = 85%
  • Zipper's Substitute: 15% - 100% (Sheer Cold) = 0%
  • Zipper's Energy: 100% - 8% (Substitute) - 4% (Iron Head) - 4% (Iron Head) = 84%

Notes
  • (blugh)
  • Sheer Cold rolled exactly a 30 to hit the first action.
  • The first Iron Head made Baskin flinch. The second was a crit.
  • The second Sheer Cold missed, and Baskin knocked himself out from energy exhaustion. That means Zipper gets a guaranteed extra experience point for the KO.
  • With eight wins to I liek Scythers's two, Keldeo takes the match! She gets to choose 5 Pokémon to get 1 exp each, and Zipper gets an additional exp point as well. I liek Scythers gets to choose 4 Pokémon to get 1 exp each. There is also some money involved that was supposed to be distributed as if for a 3v3, but I can't really be bothered, so idk. This was a horrible idea and I hope never to revisit it again. Thanks for playing, though.

Wow, good game, Keldeo! And thanks, Eifie, for actually doing this. It was a blast! :D

Do I post the Pokemon that receive experience here?

Wow, good game, Keldeo! And thanks, Eifie, for actually doing this. It was a blast! :D

Do I post the Pokemon that receive experience here?

Yep, both of you let me know which Pokémon you want to give experience to here in the thread and I'll mark them off as participated. I think this means Keldeo will get money as if she defeated four opponents and ILS gets money as if she had to use five Pokémon to defeat him, which is kind of amusing.

Yeah, good game, ILS! And thank you for the great reffings, Eifie - I found the setup really fun to play! (Apologies to both of you that I screwed up re: the commands at the beginning, as well.) I'd like Sonya, Angie, Amyparadise Murphy, Rey Ricochet, and Lily to get experience.

Okay, I have abused the fact that the db lets you enter a KO count for a Pokémon that hasn't participated to attempt to distribute exp properly without giving ILS even more money. Hopefully this works.

Back
Top Bottom