• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

THE CAVE OF DRAGONFLIES ANON MEME

Because more people will whine and complain about the Cafe being gone than we will about the forumgoers thread.

Because more people will whine and complain about the Cafe being gone than we will about the forumgoers thread.

even though the latter is roughly twice as large as the former (despite it not being a sticky)?

even though the latter is roughly twice as large as the former (despite it not being a sticky)?

That's irrelevant. Lol randum kids will have nowhere to spam, while we don't give a shit if the forumgoers thread goes.

Well, they might decide to move their randumness to the anon meme (especially since the fact that this was posted as a forum announcement implies that all forum members are welcome, whether or not this is actually the case). It's not like it's any better (or worse, actually) than what is posted on there now

They are welcome. More posters means more fun. I don't see what's so hard about it. If it wasn't intended for everyone it wouldn't have been posted in Announcements; it would have been passed around #tcod.

The point is for stupid, possibly anonymous, comments. It's not intended to be "#tcod posts stupid things and advertises it on TCoD just because." #tcod might be particularly loud, but it's still meant for everyone. D:

Most likely. It's only very tangentially related to the forum, if at all. Most likely it's the sinister offspring of #tcod and the spam thread (a.k.a. "what do you think of fellow forumgoers"). Which means that, unless you're part of that clique, you wouldn't find any of it relevant to you.

ok every time you mention #tcod it either is "they are evil people who spend all day actively hating people and things and I absolutely love them for it" or is part of that and implies the rest. You're hardly ever even in there. >= 99.5% of the time we're just cool people chatting. Occasionally one of us links to a post and we all agree it's dumb and discuss why, but it never degrades to "UGH LET'S BLOW UP THE OUTSIDE WORLD" and we act exasperated at people neither often nor at length. As long as a newcomer doesn't act special and off-the-wall, we'll be fine.

also yeah the anon meme isn't a #tcod thing etc what they said

It's about as "evil" as any other clique, I'm sure. I would know, because coming from the old #trsrockin clique we did pretty much the same stuff.

And then there's the fact that I'm pretty much biased against cliques in general. I say the same crap about all of the cliques on this forum (which I'm sure earns me enmity from all sides), I just like the #tcod one a tiny bit more because it reminds me of #trsrockin to some extent.

Yeah, I know. What a damn hypocrite I am.

...doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of anonymously spamming?

Back
Top Bottom