• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Style Mascot's?

brandman

^ pretty amazing
Has anyone noticed that even though TcoD has many different styles, none of them include the two main mascot's, Charizard and Butterfree? I mean it has scyther and dialga but those are minor mascots and Dialga was just introduced.

Comments↓

That's because Charizard and Butterfree, particularly the former, are not especially good style material. I don't decide on a mascot and then make a style to fit it; I decide on a color scheme and then choose a mascot to fit that. And trust me, I will never decide, "Oh, hey, let's make an orange, yellow and blue style!" or "Hey, let's make a white, dark purple and red style!"

I actually have an unfinished Butterfree style in the works, but that's actually light purple and only incidentally has Butterfree as a mascot (and even then, technically only its silhouette).

And trust me, I will never decide, "Oh, hey, let's make an orange, yellow and blue style!" or "Hey, let's make a white, dark purple and red style!"

White and dark purple actually might be nice. I'm picturing it as being sort of similar to the Latias style that was there on a previous version of the site...

...and anyway there is Roar of Time style, which is more or less themed around the other mascot, Quentin.

...and predates not only Quentin as a mascot, but also Quentin the real-life Dialga plushie that I bought at the London Expo. Besides, Quentin is explicitly a plushie, and the Dialga in the Roar of Time banner is not a plushie.

I can see why not for the charizard one but why not the butterfree? Dark purple and white does sound pretty cool. I think you should, especially considering that even your own user name is butterfree. Though if you don't I think it's still a pretty neat idea. Oh well. Your site, not mine.

Back
Top Bottom