• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Random Logging Out?

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
For some reason I've been having an issue with getting randomly logged out. As in I will be writing a post, and as I go to post it I can't because I'm not logged in anymore. It's been really weird. Is anyone else having this issue?

This probably belongs in Forum Discussion, not Site Discussion.

Obvious first question: have you checked your cookies?

Second, how long is it taking you to write these posts? Does it happen only with posts that take you a while to write, or does it happen even if it only takes, say, a minute?

Yes I had remember me checked, and it's not my cookies. It's random, and I'm talking like taking three minutes to log out a post, and in that time clicking to post it and not being able to because somehow I am now no longer logged in. Though this was a while ago and it hasn't happened since that week, so I think it was some random occurance that will never happen again.

Last edited:
I know occasionally if I spend more than 15 minutes on the site to type a post it will time me out. A really primitive, but working way to solve this is to open a second tab and occasionally move around on that.

As a side note, your username is now very relevant.

Whenever I write a story, I takes 15-30 mins. It then logs me out and saves a draft of my story and I have to log in again.

You... really shouldn't be writing stories in the post box for exactly that reason. Even if you do have some sort of draft-saving thing. Just... Notepad, Word, Pages, OpenOffice, Google Docs, anything else, man, anything that can actually permanently save your work to your hard drive/a server and not just a "draft" if something happens.

At any rate, that happens because of the way the board handles sessions and doesn't appear to have anything to do with the OP's (resolved?) problem. It's normal forum behavior. If you are inactive (meaning not actively clicking links) for 15+ minutes it considers you logged out. Checking the "remember me" box when you log in should help with that, or you can do what Pwnemon suggested.

...or are you saying that that happens even with "remember me" checked?

It happened with "remember me" checked. And it wasn't happening while I was inactive, I was litterally writing a post about this length and it booted me.

Last edited:
Actually, I believe you already explained that? I was asking Snape because that sounds more like the problem he's having.

Back
Top Bottom