• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Morphic II

Lilfut

UWEE HEE HEE HEE
The "real" fic's an April Fool's joke too, right? Dragonfree basically flat-out said she wouldn't add a Mewtwo morph, and the "Lucy revives Mia" thing was jossed on Twitter (in response to one of my tweets suggesting just that, fwee~). So, real or not?

Technically Raven wasn't really a Mewtwo morph and I did say Mia would appear in an imaginary form. :D

I remember reading it Morphic.I swore for around 3 minutes at the end.

I dont really think a Mewtwo morph is a good idea.I prefer having the random Pokemon over ubers.

-ducktapes mouth to avoid begging for houndoom-

...you did notice the part where it was a joke partly created to point out the ridiculousness of the idea of more morphs being introduced, right? And where even within the joke chapter, there wasn't actually a Mewtwo morph because it turned out to be a Ditto all along?

You can rest assured the real sequel will not have a Mewtwo morph. As Dave implied, within the Morphic universe, legendaries are mythological creatures taken about as seriously as unicorns are in our world, and Mewtwo in particular is part of a ridiculous conspiracy theory. Morphic very intentionally avoids including supernatural elements of any sort outside the scope of stuff that, while physically impossible in our world, is completely mundane within its interpretation of the Pokémon universe; thus, though the idea of Isaac Daniels somehow having a Mew was amusing, I do not plan to have legendaries of any kind make a canonical appearance in the fic.

However, there will not be new non-legendary morphs either, simply because as the joke chapter was trying to get across, the only way for there to suddenly turn out to be other morphs would have been if somebody somehow had 1) found out about the Pokémorph project even as they were trying to keep it secret, 2) had the ability and equipment to replicate the method on their own, 3) successfully created actual viable morphs that way, and 4) kept the existence of said morphs completely secret for years and years while they grew to an age where they could actually do something interesting. It may not quite require supernatural intervention, but it's supremely implausible nonetheless, and that means I wouldn't do it unless I had a really exceptional longing to introduce more morphs (and a particularly brilliant idea for how to excuse it). As it happens I really have no longing whatsoever to introduce more morphs, since I'm not really a fan of Pokémorphs in themselves and find the ones I already have plenty to work with, even with two dead (Morphic has way too many characters). So unless I suddenly have the best idea ever that necessarily involves a new morph and a sudden stroke of genius about how to make it seem to make sense, no, there are never going to be more Pokémorphs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom